What's YOUR Favorite Ship?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's YOUR Favorite Ship?

We post our favorite ships, and the fits we use for them. Give piloting tips, suggestions, strategies, etc.

Here's mine:
    Code:
    [Ishkur, Kino]
    Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
    Small Diminishing Power System Drain I

Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I, Tracking Speed Disruption
    Warp Scrambler II
    1MN Afterburner II

Damage Control II
    Adaptive Nano Plating II
    Coreli C-Type Small Armor Repairer

Small Ancillary Current Router I
    Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Hobgoblin II x5
    Warrior II x4

Stats: 
    DPS: 197 sustained / 308 volley
    Defense: 7082 EHP / 33/56  defense rating (EFT)
    Cap:  Lasts 1:15 with everything running.
    Speed: 856 m/s with AB. 5sec align time. 39m Sig radius.
    Price: Approx 60,000,000 ISK.
    This fit is strictly for soloing larger ships. You need to get under their guns with the tracking disruptor and then hit them hard, close range.

Things to avoid are:

Things your size or smaller. It is possible to win, but it will be a hell of a fight. You will have to maneuver very well and out-tank them.

Drone-boats that carry lights. Dominixes, Myrmidons, Vexors, and various other things that have small areas of their drone bays that can be used for lights.

Things that can out-tank 200dps, if you don't have friends. If you have friends to call, go for it. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.

A fit similar to this but with a sensor booster(for lock time) and a disruptor is very good for catching bombers. Inties are better for this, but I work with what I have.

// Echo SE

Re: What's YOUR Favorite Ship?

Personally, I like my little Assault Ship. I started with Caldari ships and missiles/rockets, but now fly Amarr using lasers. There's lots of ways to mix the 2 in a fun way. :)

I fly a Vengence a lot and fit it out with this configuration: (not gonna get specific names)

High Slots:
    Rocket Launcher x4

Med Slots:
    Afterburner x1
    Warp Scrambler x1
    Webber x1

Low Slots:
    Damage Control x1
    Power Relay (Increase Cap Recharge rate) x1
    Adaptave Nano Membrane x1
    Small Armor Repairer x1

Rigs:
    None, save them for specific reasons usually.

Ammo:
    Caldari Navy Gremlin/Foxfire (Or normal Gremlin/Foxfire Rockets depending on the stuation)

--------

Fun Fun FUN little ship. I might not be able to take down a Battleship on my own, but man its fun to run circles around other small ships and beat them down with Rockets.

Flying tips with this are pretty simple. Get in there, lock down your target, orbit a tight circle and pound them down with your rockets.

I also enjoy flying Executioners as lil' tacklers. Helps the fleet and doesn't matter much if I loose the cheap little thing. :p

EDIT: I also use the Executioners to explore such things as the other side of a wormhole. Good thing too. Went to WH space the other day and a Battleship was waiting on the other side. Wuh oh..... :p

Comment

I'm not one for posting fits, since there's a ton out there...

However, with that being said, I have to say I am really enjoying the Curse and the Pilgrim. The Pilgrim takes some getting used to (and practically REQUIRES no less than Recon V to fit right), but the Curse is more forgiving. It satiates my enjoyment of utility in fleets, and when I feel like being a solo-opportunist hunter, I also have that option.
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Cane in any configuration.

Comment

Ishkur. I don't fly it as much as I used to but I still class it as my favourite. In testing the fit I use I would be able to kill pretty much anything with turrets.

I have the fitting somewhere and all the tips on how to fly it right are currently on www.battleclinic.com which is down atm. When it's back up, I'll post both fit and the tactics.

Comment

Drake. Mission. Nuff said :)

Comment

Shadow, I know the Vengance has rocket bonuses, but it really is more bemeficial to use Pulses. Unless of course you can use rockets better since you have a caldari background.

Comment

Disagree regarding the pulses. Vs. Other assault ships rockets do crazy damage and do not die when you are cap killed.

Favorite ship... Coercer or Ishkur. The Coercer has issues with anything that orbits outside 18km so all about picking when and where you fight. Try to sucker opponent within 12km and hit em with the Imperial Navy Multifrequency.

It is a one trick pony. The ishkur I love because it is so multifaceted. Neuts. Drones. Blasters. EC-300s. So many ways to roll one.
                sigpic
                I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Comment

Oh boy, now this depends on the situation now doesn't it? But my all time fave ship? That would be this,

The Deimos Heavy Assault Cruiser. Though like all HAC's, their usage is best done in numbers and to their strengths of battlefield control and mobility. I'm not going to go into long winded detail, but I adore HAC's and I love the Deimos.

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

In 5+ years of playing eve I have never flown a HAC of any race. Ever. Whenever it is T2 cruiser time I always go recon or Heavy Interdictor.

Have you ever flown any pirate cruisers?
                    The Vigilant is an death wagon if you get within blaster range.
                    sigpic
                    I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Comment

Now that my tastes have improved as well as my skillpoints, I love a Cynabal. I mean, I just will never leave it. :D

Comment

Golem for Missions
                        Hurricane for PvP

Comment

Brutix all gank buffer tank. :3

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse