Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-House Squads and GTA V Crews

Hey all,

I'm sure everyone who plays has noticed, the 12th Division holds the bulk of our GTAV players.

I'm wondering though why we have a TG12th GTAV crew rather than a general TG one? Those of us not in the 12th are missing out on the crew RP and cosmetic bonuses as well as crew logistics. It's also more than a little annoying sometimes to pop into the GTAV channel in TS only to find out later that there's been 5 more TG members join online, and go straight to the TG12th channel. Honestly, we play GTAV more in the 12th's than we do in the GTA channel.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 12th, and all its hooligans, but for logistical reasons, shouldn't we be one TG crew, and use the GTAV teamspeak channel?
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Re: In-House Squads and GTA V Crews

As far as TS usage - 12th were using IHS channel too much when the game first came out but we self corrected that about two weeks ago. I certainly don't play every night but when I have lately its always been in the GTA channels. I think it would be fine to drop somewhere else once in a while if you need clear coms for a heist but generally - be in the GTA channels as it encourages activity from everyone.

A general TG crew would be good. I'm not 100% on the particulars but I got the vibe at launch that there was a push for everyone to join a TG42nd group and that didn't make much sense to myself and a few others I was playing with. I was waiting around for a general TG one and it never came - then I got an invite to a 12th only one. In house squad ones are cool but definitely there should be an official TG one.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I looked into it, and apparently you can be a member of up to 5 crews at once. Forget I said anything about the 12th, then.

We just need someone with time and art skills (and authority?) to make a general TG crew.

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

There is a general TG group, its the TG42 one for now, that's the official TG one. I think it has '42' in the title because of the enforced character limit.

Comment

The official TG club can be found here.

There is the number "42" in the in the tag, but nowhere does the club denote that it's for the 42nd In-House Squad. As Wicks suggested, the 42 ended up there because of the character limit. The 42 actually references Tactical Gamer's history as starting out as "Network 42" and then "Network 42 Tactical Gaming" eventually turning into "Tactical Gamer".

The 42 bit is a HUGE part of Tactical Gamer's history.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
            There is the number "42" in the in the tag, but nowhere does the club denote that it's for the 42nd In-House Squad.
            That was my confusion. Awesome.

I'd like to remind everyone who might not be a part of it that you can join more than one crew, and we'll get better bonuses together.

Comment

I thought TG42 was the 42nd IHS, for obvious reasons (see BF4, etc tag conventions). I spun up the 12th crew because... well, it's the natural thing to do :)

As for TS... yeah, what mantis said. Sometimes one person will start in the 12th channel and it will snowball into a full channel, but that's not by design - the goal is to play GTA in the GTA main channels.

How does the Crew RP bonus work - do you both have to have the same tag "active" to get it?

Comment

Sort of taking after the 12th, I ended up starting one for the 18th members that play GTA V. I realized early on that the "TG42" had in a way dual meanings, both in reference to Network 42 beginnings and the 42nd IHS. It seems the Network 42 was lost on most everyone (until [MENTION=1]Apophis[/MENTION] pointed it out above). I also got a few comments from others who saw me in game at around the release of GTA V on PC: "I didn't know you were in the 42nd, when did you switch from the 18th?" (and the like). I had a few chuckles explaining that the official TG crew has TG42 tags...
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Keep in mind, the club was made back in 2013 and hardly ANYONE was playing this game from TG on consoles. Most of the people who were in the club originally were people with Playstation 3's. The numerical designation in the tag (which is the ONLY place where the 42 exists) wasn't much of an issue back then.

Ya know, if it was that confusing it would have been pretty easy for someone to suggest a TG club in the forums.

If it's something that any of you actually care about resolving, IE: having a representative TG club that we all work together in, we can make it happen. Just need suggestions for the new club name/tag and go from there. I'm just not going to put the effort in myself without any support as I think it would just be a waste of time.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

For further clarification. The reason I asked people to join the existing official TG group was specifically to enable people to group up and play with other TG Community members as opposed to splintering off into friends or IHS only groups. As Apophis states we can set another official group if thats absolutely necessary. I think the more important issue is that whatever group it is people make an effort to build Community, make friends, welcome and play with others etc.

Comment

I think the history of the 42 is cool. I've heard some stories about the beginnings of this place, fascinating stuff, so I consider it an honor have that 42 tag. ;) Really though, the name doesn't matter, as long as we are all in the same crew. If you can be in up to 5 crews, then there's plenty of room for IHS, and w/e.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                        ... the more important issue is that whatever group it is people make an effort to build Community, make friends, welcome and play with others etc.
                        Originally posted by Bear61 View Post
                        ...Really though, the name doesn't matter, as long as we are all in the same crew. If you can be in up to 5 crews, then there's plenty of room for IHS, and w/e.

yup and yup :)

I gotta say ... this game on PC is SO much fun - it's been such a blast and it's because of the laughs and good times with everyone... kwalc, strait, acreo, damonte, 12th guys, etc. Been a while since a game has kept me up into the wee hours of the morning midweek ;)

Comment

Really good to hear people are having a laugh and ganging up. I think that's one of the things that I like the most about the game so far, the fact that it's a bit different from some of our other offerings and seems to encourage us all to get out of our boxes ie specific titles, groups of friends, IHS, Religious Cult, whatever and have a bit of fun with new people. Looking forward to getting back online to play this. Just have to get the first heist to stop crashing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                            Keep in mind, the club was made back in 2013 and hardly ANYONE was playing this game from TG on consoles. Most of the people who were in the club originally were people with Playstation 3's. The numerical designation in the tag (which is the ONLY place where the 42 exists) wasn't much of an issue back then.

Ya know, if it was that confusing it would have been pretty easy for someone to suggest a TG club in the forums.

If it's something that any of you actually care about resolving, IE: having a representative TG club that we all work together in, we can make it happen. Just need suggestions for the new club name/tag and go from there. I'm just not going to put the effort in myself without any support as I think it would just be a waste of time.
                            I had one going, but then Wicks was all like "no, shut it down, rejoin the TG Syndicate one". At this point it probably doesn't matter since we can have up to 5 crews at once. :)

Now the only thing is that I wish people could see me when I'm online even if the TG42 crew isn't set as my active crew. Would be nice to have a amalgamation of all the crews a player is in when people look you up in-game...
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yes you created a duplicate, splinter group, apparently unaware of the existing group yet aware enough to tell people in correct group to leave and join yours. Hence I asked everyone at TG to join the Official group so people could find each other and link up. Hope thats cleared up your apparent confusion/memory loss issues Acreo lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X