guild wars 2 account got hacked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guild wars 2 account got hacked

be cautious everyone, my account for guild wars 2 got hacked, they changed my email address and password.

Re: guild wars 2 account got hacked

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Dude, you are not the only one. I've been out of the game for FOUR days now. Support has not helped me at all. I made a Reddit thread about my issue. I have posted on Twitter, and Facebook trying to be heard, but no help at all. I even found someone's case that matched exactly what I am going through. It goes from being blocked, to a suspended account, "to protect the account". Yes, it officially has now been 100 hours of being locked out/blocked from my account, and the GW2 website.

Here is the case that matches mine from Reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...d_no_response/

It's Gold sellers, breaching accounts, from China to Canada. My security tab listed a Canadian IP address at the time, they never changed my password, or email. They just got into my account, made a character, and started spamming in chat or something of that sort. I'm not even sure if my character, my silver, or my gems (bought with real money) are even there.

I also read about a guy, whose credit card has already been charged for $150.00 worth of gems, because someone got into his account as well. Security key devices cannot come soon enough!

Comment

This isnt good. I just bought guild wars 2. should I wait untill there is security?
        sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Well in GW at least I went 6 years and only got hacked once because I was dumb and kept my email and password the same on a fan site as in game. Support is probably a little overwhelmed at the moment because of the flood of new players. After about a month when the population calmer down it should get better.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Any idea how these hacks are occurring? Weak passwords? Social engineering?
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Account security - We're seeing an uptick in reports of account theft and attempted account theft. We believe hackers are using databases of email addresses and passwords stolen from other games and web sites, and pre-existing trojan horses, to search for matching Guild Wars 2 accounts which they attempt to compromise. To prevent this, we have temporarily disabled the "reset password" feature, and we're working to bring email authentication online. To protect yourself, please ensure that you use a unique password for Guild Wars 2 that you don't use for any other game, email account, forum or web account.
              http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...day_august_29/

They just started so damn fast. This is my first time in the Guild Wars universe, so I have never registered at any fansites or anything.

Comment

Support finally finally gets back to me today, giving me a new password to use, pretty cool and all, except the new password doesn't work. ;)

Comment

Email verification will be up soon.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

u know their support isnt even reading my information i gave them for my account.. gave them:
                    Full Name
                    Date of Birth
                    Billing Address
                    last 4 digits of card number
                    order ID
                    in-game ID
                    email address for account

then i get a reply back asking for ingame id, email address connected to the account, and last 4 digits of card i used to purchase....

Comment

Well I doubt the amount of support guys they have will be able to handle the magnitude of tickets being sent in during the first few weeks. If you sent a ticket in say 2 years from now it would probably be handled within seconds by an actual person, as was the case when my GW1 account got hacked.

I would say give it time as the population will normalize relatively soon, and play some PS2 or something while waiting.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I'm kinda fed up with their amateur support at this point. Six days now, still locked out of website and client. Glad I was able to donate $60.00 to ArenaNet for their support services.

Comment

actually you paid 60 dollars for the gold farmers to steal ure account, and arenanet supported them to steal your account due to their lack of support, and security on the accounts. they should have been working on how to make accounts more secure. their website link to secure your account was broken on the first day the game went live..

Comment

I was just about to buy this game but after seeing this I think I am going to pass. I had tons of issues over the years with GW and my account be hacked and banned. I think I am going to pass on this title. I don't even own the game but about two days ago I got about 4 emails saying that someone was trying to reset my password to a game I don't even own. Good luck guys...

Comment

I'd like to give it a try but it'll be a few months before I do that. No sense rushing things when they obviously need to get their sh!t together. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...