H1Z1 or DayZ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1Z1 or DayZ?

After the last year of frustration with DayZ, it is no closer to being a complete game then the MOD to ArmA ever was. So with that, is H1Z1 farther along and is it better then DayZ? I am not willing to pay after getting burnt on DayZ and no progression towards a final game. They really lost the momentum on that game...

Another dumb question, but being a "AllAccess" for SOE, does it have any advantage or cost savings?
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: H1Z1 or DayZ?

Way better than DayZ. Not as complex as far as controls etc. Feels more like a game as it should. They already have features in and working they DayZ took months to figure out like hunting and getting dear meat. Weapons are scarce, no big "go to this base for l33t gear" areas. It requires actual survival tactics. Things like stealth and foraging are a must. Plus the crafting system ensures you will always have a weapon (bow) and the ability to get drinkable water. Even in alpha it feels more complete than any aspect of DayZ IMHO. Also having a group has actual benefits as you can move a little safer because you have someone watching your back and not have to worry about coming across 2 guys with SAWs that will wipe you. Also not to mention vehicles are already in and you can fix them and drive them. So yeah. It feels in alpha better than DayZ feels wherever it is in development at this time. Hell, it got Apophis back into gaming haha. That speaks volumes

As for the SOE stuff I'm not sure.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
      Weapons are scarce, no big "go to this base for l33t gear" areas.
      Unless you pay real money (on top of the $20 buy in to get the game in the first place). Then you can have your gun immediately.

Comment

If you are talking about airdrops it's not always the case. You pay money for a SMALL chance of a good drop. Of the 3-4 drops we have collected the best weapon we got was a bow. But we did get a motorcycle helmet last night in a drop. ;)

Paying for the drops doesn't mean you will get a weapon.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

If you are talking about airdrops it's not always the case. You pay money for a SMALL chance of a good drop. Of the 3-4 drops we have collected the best weapon we got was a bow. But we did get a motorcycle helmet last night in a drop. ;)

Also keep in mind that this game is changing RAPIDLY.

IE: On Friday morning, airdrops had HUGE amounts of military weapons and ammo. By Monday, the makeup of those drops changed considerably. Today? Who knows, it could be a completely different configuration.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

So not only can you spend money for an advantage, you might spend money and get nothing. (Or better, spend money for someone else to shoot you and take the drop, thereby turning your microtransaction into an increase in the difficulty curve.)

I am frustrated because H1 looks like it might be mechanically more fun game, but with SOE at the helm, it's difficult to trust in the developers (RIP Galaxies, PS, etc). Am I wrong to feel this way?

I'll certainly keep an eye on it, but I'm not ready to jump ship on DayZ. Not that it's an either or choice.

Comment

I think you are wrong. This is the first "alpha" I have bought into that really felt like a game. I know Sony is a love/hate relationship for many, but they do have the infrastructure to back a project like this. The Planetside engine is proving itself in this alpha to be a good setting. I have experienced little to no glitches with it. When you shut a door, it is shut. Zombies do not just move right through. Combat is simple but deadly, and as stated above, its not normally between characters fully loaded out in military gear. Its usually axes and bows. I think the "pay" for equipment system is fine. Especially when someone else pays for our equipment!

Comment

So this game does have the SOE model of paying "a little extra" for some extra stuff or faster progression, that seems in-line with their other titles. All the same, that does not bother me because I don't need to dump extra money to still have a playable experience. I am indifferent to their business model, but I do like that they do produce some decent quality games as compared to others these days.

That all aside, I am glad to hear all positive things coming back. I don't mind joining in on a Alpha, as long as the developer has the intention of truly bringing it to fruition at some point soon. I will grab it this week and join you after vacation.

With Apophis into it already, it sounds to me that the 42nd may have to reassemble the Zombie Defense Corp once again.... :-)
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Oh god, not that again hahaha

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

There are 4 of us in so far C. I would definitely recommend this over DayZ, it has much more going for it feature wise already.

Comment

At this point, I feel heavy regret for buying into the DayZ standalone. Feels like I wasted good money on a half-assed game that might never see completion.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                        After the last year of frustration with DayZ, it is no closer to being a complete game then the MOD to ArmA ever was. So with that, is H1Z1 farther along and is it better then DayZ? I am not willing to pay after getting burnt on DayZ and no progression towards a final game. They really lost the momentum on that game...

Another dumb question, but being a "AllAccess" for SOE, does it have any advantage or cost savings?

I think Rust will be the best in the genre in the long term. Although it doesn't have zombies. H1z1 will be finished faster though, but that is when the monetization schemes will start.

The way I know SOE from PS2, the game will be fun as long as it is in testing, then developement will slow and they will stuff the game with irritating sales pitches.

So I have low expectations, on the other hand any game of this genre is fun if you have a lot of TG guys to gang up with. The raid we did last weekend that Nardini posted about, was the most fun and tension I experienced in a game in many years.

Comment

I'm on the fence for this for however long it takes me to scrounge for a computer. That being said H1Z1 will always offer a better testing ground for what Dayz created. My issue is that it is a complete copy-paste of premise and playstyle. The problem with this is that Dayz doesn't even know what it wants to be so how will H1Z1?

I'll be eventually getting SOE all access because of PS2 and probably for EQN so H1Z1 will be on my radar, but I'm just worried with the model that Dayz has created literally being devoid of content and that H1Z1 seems to be copying it. Really I thought STALKER provided a better frame-work for a Dayz esque MMO, but SOE has opted to just be 'best in class'.

Though you guys are mentioning air drops so this maybe opens the door for some PvE type scenarios beyond simple zombie fare.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X