Base Build Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base Build Up

Recently TG Taquitos has been getting hit several times a night. I really want to fortify an area to give is a better staging area. I know to the west of us under the power lines is the starting of a base. We just need to add higher metal walls and a secure access point. It already has huts and a rain collection station. This is built into the server and not a player built area. I would like to get a crew online to dedicate some time to gathering and crafting the stuff we need to build it up. That way we have a "safer" place to meet up.

Thoughts?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Base Build Up

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
    Recently TG Taquitos has been getting hit several times a night. I really want to fortify an area to give is a better staging area. I know to the west of us under the power lines is the starting of a base. We just need to add higher metal walls and a secure access point. It already has huts and a rain collection station. This is built into the server and not a player built area. I would like to get a crew online to dedicate some time to gathering and crafting the stuff we need to build it up. That way we have a "safer" place to meet up.

Thoughts?
    Recently? What's "recent" in the 4 days the game has been out? LOL.

Not worth the time at the moment, IMO. Until structures have a higher degree of safety and stability, I'm not sure it's worth the time to build like that. You can build all you want, but it's trivial to bypass at this point in time and would likely result in a lot of work with little to no reward.

In terms of crafting, structures can be built VERY quickly if you have the tools. Wood Axe and a Crowbar being the most important. If you have a wood axe then all forms of wood products are available for crafting and discovery. If you have a crowbar, all forms of metal products are available. From there, pretty much ANYTHING can be built very rapidly. It's not like DayZ where you need to spend hours upon hours harvesting a particular type of item to build, as long as you have the proper tools you're good to go in short order.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Yeah I had all the stuff. But died, don't know if it was picked up. And recently as in the last 2 days lol. It has become more frequent. I was just thinking about having a little more physical security for the place we all meet up which currently is called TG Taquitos lol. Just something to do apart from raiding/farming loot. Good practice for later on if we already know how we want to work it

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I'm with you Dredge. I think we should start by building up the caravan campsite we've been using. After the last few nights experience, I think we need to fortify at least 3 side's (south, east and west) with pungi sticks, and barbed wire. That stuff is easy to make, and will make intruders have to go around to get in, as they usually come from those directions. Then a platform\foundation in the middle with a large shelter as a lookout post. Trying to store gear there is obviously not a good idea since its cannot be secured yet., so everyone should have a few hidden caches in the area.

I have a good amount of supplies that I've been saving up for this.

Comment

There is a place next to the RV site that is perfect bear. It's the one I have been eyeing up for a couple days. I will show you next time we are on

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Yeah I had all the stuff. But died, don't know if it was picked up. And recently as in the last 2 days lol. It has become more frequent. I was just thinking about having a little more physical security for the place we all meet up which currently is called TG Taquitos lol. Just something to do apart from raiding/farming loot. Good practice for later on if we already know how we want to work it
            I agree with the physical security, it just needs to work. Right now it doesn't- not by a long shot. At least not as of late last night. You can walk right through/over pungie sticks with no or minimal damage, and wood doors can be taken out in less than a minute with an axe.

Comment

That is why security systems are setup in layers Apo ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

That is why security systems are setup in layers Apo ;)
                I do security for a living; Believe me, I understand defense in depth.

I'm going to bow out of this conversation for now as I don't think I'm explaining things well, you're not understanding well, or just choosing to be obtuse.

Comment

EDIT

I understand what you are saying Apo, but I think SOMETHING is better than just sitting in the open doing business. I know it doesn't work as intended but that doesn't mean we can't at least have some sort of barrier between us and them.
                  Last edited by Dredge; 01-20-2015, 02:24 PM. Reason: Stupid Reply

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I love the idea of a base, god knows we tried enough times in DayZ. However, I don't want to get tied to an area yet. The defences do not work as intended, and until they do there will always need to be a presence in the area. This limits my pubby slaying abilities. Once they fix the bugs, then full steam ahead. I feel at the minute having a nice dispersed number of dig sites it probably the best bet.

Comment

I'm not talking about a permanent stash your everything here base. Just some form of "base" (and I use the term loosely) for protection. Right now a majority of us meet up at TG Taquitos and move from there. So why not spend a little effort into making it just a smidge safer? Even if the doors can be broke or whatever it still puts a barrier up between us and them when we meet up/fall back to that location. Usually that spot is used to redistribute loot, patch up, cook/boil stuff, and then move out. We spend a decent chunk of time there so why not have SOME form of defense apart from "I just got shot by an arrow they are in the camp"

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

You can walk right through barbed wire.
                        |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

But not a wall. That's what I'm saying. Corp you remember that once place we stopped at and talked about how awesome a base it would make? I found another one just like it by TG Taquitos. That's what I want to build on. Just something to keep them away for a little longer as opposed to cooking in the open

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I do not see a problem with this. Gives us something to do and it will be a good practice session for when we do put a "real" base up. I'll help.

Comment

Have we decided where we are going out this "real" base. Or are we waiting for the game to be released? if that spot has not been determined, here a good list of things to consider.
                              1. How well defendable is it? Is there a hill that would give someone a view into are base? Dose a major road run near it? Is there a lot of cover for a enemy group to use if they where to attack us?
                              2. What advantage does it give us that can't be found somewhere else? Is there a rare resource that is sit near? Does it give a sightline onto a city or lake? Or is it hard to find deep in some forest?
                              3. How easy is to get resorces that we need? Is there a food sorce or water near? Will it be easy for enemy players to camp and shoot us as we try to leave and cutting off are supply lines?
                              4. Does it have amazing views. While this is not that important, it still plays a little in my opinion.

This is just a quick list I came up with and if you think there are other points I missed, just add them to the tread. Thanks to all those in game who are doing the ground work and fighting the good fight.
                              "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X