Infinity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinity

This has been mentioned somewhere before but it needs to be brought up again.

I don't know if this game has a future but it sure has great concepts.

http://www.infinity-universe.com

- -

Re: Infinity

Yeah... I wish him luck, but a great game engine doesn't necessarily make a great game, and I've never ever heard of one guy who has been able to build a long term MMO's worth of content by himself.
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

He doesnt need to, he was offered a 6 digit figure for the engine by another company.

The guy himself has a PHD in computer science and something else, he is not silly. I think that he doesnt want to see his project ruined, you know how its like when a big company aquires such an engine they just rush things and delete half the functions/features just for the sake of releasing the product.

Comment

Yeah, its a fair point. I'm just saying that I don't think the engine is the game, so to speak. He's going to need something other than a great engine to draw in enough players to make it a long term game.
        Do or do not, there is no try....
        -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Well that's why he's focused on the engine primarily I think. He seems to be trying to build something unique that can be graphically updated later. However he doesn't have the rest of the systems built and there are plenty of smart developers just like him to build those systems too. Hopefully he can get into a position within a company where he has some power in development.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X