Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendation: World Of Tanks, a HUGE tank based strategy MMORPG. (free to play)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation: World Of Tanks, a HUGE tank based strategy MMORPG. (free to play)

Dear Community,

I was wondering if any of you are actually playing this tank game? It is extreemely popular and is planned to be Free to play based on microtransactions.

It is a WW2 tank mmorpg where its Germans, Soviets, Americans atm. You start with the early version of tanks and work your way to the elite aka: Panzer 2 to King tiger. Theres many different specializations such as tank destroyers, medium, heavy, light, SPG etc.

The engine seems to be moddeled on realism aka Small tanks can not penetrate heavy tanks frontal armor with AP, dependiong on gun size.caliber etc. So you get realistic situations.

Its gameplay is arcade style and is 100% pvp gameplay, no pve at all... Extreemely fun to play whilst you are new or older as the game involves a LOT of strategy, planning and coordination. I think it is a suitable choice for tactical gamers who are looking for something to fill the gap.

Next release is focused on Clan Battles, territorial control and a reward system. Anywho find out for yourself at WorldOfTanks.com its free to play and is currently in beta.

Hope to see you out there.

Re: Recommendation: World Of Tanks, a HUGE tank based strategy MMORPG. (free to play)

My WOT handle is the same as my name here. Feel free to add me.
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Re: Recommendation: World Of Tanks, a HUGE tank based strategy MMORPG. (free to play)

I recommend that you pass on this one. It is a HUGE time sink. You'll find you NEED to log-in to check into your garage daily and then hours later, have to drag yourself to bed. If you have friends who play its even worse because then you have someone to watch your back and help concentrate fire on approaching vehicles and you gain even more experience and have to spend even more time in the garage researching the various tanks and upgrades.

Definitely give this a pass or add me to your contacts list - LpBronco.
      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I got an IS4 (not getting IS7), T44, Hummel and Jagdpanther if you guys are interested looks like we can platoon up.

Comment

Just got my beta key. You can find me as Banyan.
          "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
          EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
          PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Hello all
            I have been in the closed Beta since it opened up to Western Hemisphere players.
            Simply put this game really rocks. It is well polished and still in Closed Beta.
            My ingame name is TUDOR. Im in t-34-85, Hummel, Leo, t43, and am now working up the American Medium tank tree (M-7.)
            Sarcoma.

Comment

I'm interested in playing this but I don't do betas. When's the game supposed to be released???

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

This may be beta but its as polished a game as I've seen in years. The layout and structure are superb and the gameplay immersive and stimulating. I've seen absolutely no server side issues and the Platoon option makes it possible to play with a couple of buddies (TS definitely a plus).

I feel like the only thing keeping this in BETA is that they are still working on the micro-transaction component but even this won't keep the game from being enjoyable as there isn't any part of the game that won't be available to you, it just will take you longer to get there. (Plus, you won't be paired with individuals who have bought their equipment anyway)
                Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I've been hearing rumbles in the in game chat that a soft wipe is coming because of a transition out of Beta. I've heard they will give you all the credits and exp (free xp) you earned from battles back. I'm trying to milk my t-57 for all it's worth right now as I'm an earner with that tank.

I've been trying to stay in the light tank/SPG realm. I hate it when you're driving the upper tier light tanks and you're in a battle with tons of heavy tanks. I wish I could tell my gunner to shut up after the 10th "Looks like that one bounced right off!"

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

there is a WoT TS channel, might want to hop in with us if you're playing.

Comment

Well from the lastest on the upcoming patch most vehicles shouldn't be facing anything +2 tiers higher than you, and thev'e stated you should be facing off you own tier level much more often. This is to exclude spgs and dedicated light scout tanks (panzer III , a20 , Stuart ect). They still seem to be trying to pushing the scouting thing :(

Comment

I'm enjoying the game (currently playing a T57), but have to wonder about the end game. Lots of maps, tanks, but what is the goal beyond more, better tanks?

edit: Looks like the soft wipe has been put off until next year. New patch coming includes a database split between Euro and NA servers.
                        "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
                        EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
                        PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Patch is separate from the server split, the soft wipe will occur during the server split though.

Comment

End game is clan wars, fighting over territory etc it hasnt been implemented and is in developement atm.

But End game is awesome when you got heavy tanks, with mediums, spgs and scouts. Beginning game is just a turkey shoot-out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X