Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planetside 2 vapor ware ??? Maybe not !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetside 2 vapor ware ??? Maybe not !!!!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ng-This-Spring

Heres hopeing!

Re: Planetside 2 vapor ware ??? Maybe not !!!!

Some good news on beta!!!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/12...ide-next-beta/

Comment

Wait wasnt this the game that got ruined and wtf pwned the moment hacks came out?

Comment

Yes and no, wasn't really a problem with hackers till 5+ years after it came out and SOE gutted the dev team.

Comment

I remember a lot of people passionately talking about planetside and how it was ruined... maybe I will give this one a go, I am looking for a new mmo to play anyway.

Comment

Yeah I remeber a lot of hate over there core combat expansions, which brought bfrs(mechs) into the game.

Comment

Mechs were never really an issue for me. They died fairly easily if you knew how to deal with them, but yes, they were curbstompers to general infantry. But yeah, a lot of people were turned off by the Battle-Frame Robotics expansion (Or Big **** Robots) because along with a large, powerful (sometimes jumpjetting) tank it added the caverns, which split up territory fights into a kind of incomprehensible different game mode away from the core gameplay established by the game.

Basically, instead of the normal capture/link gameplay on the surface, you had a game mode fought in a smaller, enclosed space with a relative maze of buildings and platforms (think of it as an urban combat type map) where you needed to take specific objective buildings. You could also steal and run certain hardware from the core and place them in your buildings on the surface to give them perks (like a base shield that, until the bases linked to that one base were dropped, prevented infantry and shooting into the base (except for one specific, slow vehicle transport.) or gave an increase in vehicle repairs at the bases, etc.

Though, of the fellow Planetside players I used to know, the general concensus is:
              1. Planetside 2 is confirmed!
              2. Yay! Awesome! I'm getting on my rexo.
              1. It's still SOE
              2. Oh... WEll, they'l find some way of screwing it up.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post

Though, of the fellow Planetside players I used to know, the general concensus is:
                1. Planetside 2 is confirmed!
                2. Yay! Awesome! I'm getting on my rexo.
                1. It's still SOE
                2. Oh... WEll, they'l find some way of screwing it up.
                Yeah I do find I'm very excited and worried at the same time, SOE "support" for Planetside 1 was never great and even now is horrible. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                  Mechs were never really an issue for me. They died fairly easily if you knew how to deal with them, but yes, they were curbstompers to general infantry. But yeah, a lot of people were turned off by the Battle-Frame Robotics expansion (Or Big **** Robots) because along with a large, powerful (sometimes jumpjetting) tank it added the caverns, which split up territory fights into a kind of incomprehensible different game mode away from the core gameplay established by the game.
                  Agreed although I'm not sure it was as much the game play of the caverns but the fact that it was splitting up an already shrinking server population.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

What do you mean by SOE support?

Comment

SOE is owns the game, pretty quicly after the expansion came out they gutted the team for planetside and put them into other projects. Leaving new content few and far between, they also seemed to have downsized the customer service team, which means it took to long to deal with hackers when they did appear in the game.

Anyways out of nastalgia I fired up the trial and am current playing on the NC side under "johnf" if anyone wants to join me.

Comment

SOE left the game with a skeleton crew of about 3 developers. It was like that when I picked it up in late 2005 or so, it was like that until 2008, when they suddenly added more and we got new weapons and vehicles and they overhauled engineering to be decently useful (besides repairing armor).

DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

If they can give me the fun I had in PS1, I'll buy it and play it until they introduce glowing footballs.
                          Do or do not, there is no try....
                          -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

You mean link-running to cap? :D but that was fun!

Comment

I hope they get rid of the static bases, and try and do some player made structures say over like important resources.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X