Dust 514

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust 514

Anyone hear anything about Dust 514 recently other then "soon" ?
    sigpic

Re: Dust 514

well there is meant to be something shown at e3

http://www.dust514.com/

this site is meant to stream it (live now) but its all ps3 stuff so far nothing on dust

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Big news......

PS3 exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
        Big news......

PS3 exclusive.
        Well that's the game ruined for me..

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity

Comment

http://dust514.org/index.php

I'm actually very interested in it now... I mean its a real bummer that their is NO PC Version (?> maybe) but Sony did a lot to make me like them this E3 (and Microsoft really really bombed)... so it seems pretty cool... I think they also mentioned something NGP related... could be wrong though./

Comment

NGP was the new playstation portable, (the psvita??)

Sony did great this year, but I'm not looking to buy a ps3 just to play dust. Still don't see why they didn't release it cross platform, think dust would have worked so much better on pc anyway.

Comment

General consensus, backed up by some dev posts on Eveo boards is that they couldn't get the business model to work with XBL. It's a free to play game, that will feature numerous updates. XBL just doesn't work that way/support that.

On the PC thing, yes, I would have preferred that too, but CCP have stated on the boards and in an interview today, that the core focus is to get a new set of players (i.e. the console market), and also to gain experience in console development as a company. I would expect that is will eventually appear on the PC (the press release did say premieres exclusively on the PS3).
              Do or do not, there is no try....
              -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

PS3 only blows. I have a 360 and would consider getting it on 360 but would prefer PC but I will not get it on PS3.
                sigpic

Comment

I figured XBL would ruin their ideas. Makes sense.

Comment

I'm surprised there isn't a DUST 514 section on your forums. Dust is going to be the MMO of the year. Beta trials started 2 weeks ago with 5000 PS+ members randomly given keys. EVE fanfest visitors are getting keys now and will be joining the beta next week. They are currently using the december build and are supposed to release a post fanfest build next week when they let in the fanfest guys and gals.

If you play EVE, then you will have an idea of how Dust will work skill and equipment wise. What most people don't understand completely is that it will connect to EVE and be hosted on their one shard super servers. In other words, it will be 23 hours a day live and the action won't stop just because you log out.

It is a FPS and the combat is going to be everything from 1v1 to 24v24, but if you know ccp then you know they are planning to raise the numbers as soon as they can. You can jump into death matches and just start running and gunning or you can join a corp. and play the macro game in EVE with conquest of planetary installations which effect the control of the planets and resources of EVE players. Those types of matches will be done by mercenary contracts with EVE corps

Watch all the EVE fanfest videos of the game play. They held a team death match contest and gave away lots of ps3's and vitas. Lots of EVE players are interested in the game if only how it will effect the EVE economy and their corps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Merlin View Post
                      I'm surprised there isn't a DUST 514 section on your forums.
                      It'll probably come if interest persists. The biggest issue I can see is it being a PS3 exclusive as most of TG's supported games are entirely PC based. TG, in effect, is a PC community.

I personally love the idea of Dust and really hope to see it pick up steam. I personally am not the target audience of Dust, I prefer MilSim esque FPS, but I certainly want to adopt any Mercenaries I can once I get rolling in EvE.

Comment

I have been playing EVE since 05 with up to 4 accounts, only 2 active at the moment. Dust is going to be about as complex a military games as you could ask for. There will be lots of people running and gunning when it first comes out but they won't last. They will quickly find out that with the variety of loadouts and vehicles and other equipment available running and gunning will only cause you to die very quickly.

A small map is going to be a couple sq. miles, a big map, at least that they have mentioned, is 25 sq. miles. Much too big to just spawn, run toward the objective and shoot anything that moves. The maps will not be static but will change due to combat and due to the use of resources that the EVE player decides on. In other words, you might have fought for this node 3 months ago and now you have to defend it and it is totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Merlin View Post
                          I have been playing EVE since 05 with up to 4 accounts, only 2 active at the moment. Dust is going to be about as complex a military games as you could ask for. There will be lots of people running and gunning when it first comes out but they won't last. They will quickly find out that with the variety of loadouts and vehicles and other equipment available running and gunning will only cause you to die very quickly.

A small map is going to be a couple sq. miles, a big map, at least that they have mentioned, is 25 sq. miles. Much too big to just spawn, run toward the objective and shoot anything that moves. The maps will not be static but will change due to combat and due to the use of resources that the EVE player decides on. In other words, you might have fought for this node 3 months ago and now you have to defend it and it is totally different.
                          So large with 25 v 25!?!?

Comment

I've got more interviews and articles coming for Dust guys, I'm working with CCP games as we speak. Patience is a virtue. :)

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

Seeing that it's free to play and my PS3 is basically a netflix/amazon VOD machine I might give this a go. I'm not to swift with shooters using the horrible dual joysticks but if it's fun enough to stick with it I'll pick up one of those mouse/wasd combos.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X