Planetside 2 website now live!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetside 2 website now live!

Earlier the past 2 days there was a countdown on www.planetside2.com. Last night at 10 EST it went live. Not much information on Planetside 2 yet, but I figured I would get the ball rolling. Wondering how many people would be interested in this game, especially seeing as how recently we've gotten a crop of FPS-like mmo games (World of Tanks, APB, etc) and how Planetside 1 was a sexy, sexy game.
    Ah, those were the days, back when i was -{EoF}-[FD] Bisclaveret. (Enforcer of Freedom, Freedom Defenders outfit, New Conglomerate)

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Re: Planetside 2 website now live!

Never played the first but will be watching this one.
    We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games. Anon

Comment

I watched the trailer and it looks AMAZING
      sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Working on a front page article look for it later today or tomorrow!

Comment

What's the verdict on this new version? Does it hold promise for the future?

I watched the trailer and wasn't impressed. It looked like a huge open space where it was just free for all mayhem and very little option to use tactics.

- -

Comment

The verdict is we have one trailer and the game isn't in beta yet. I'd say its to early to say anything.

Comment

This is a much bigger version of Bf2 but in a good way. I played the first and yes you need to be organized if you want to capture a base or point in good time with tactics. Yes there will be alot of people just running around but when your trying to reach your goal you need to expect the unexpected as a large organized group it should be alot of fun as TG players. Me I'm glad they annouce PS2 but sorry to say I will not be playing Starwars. I know they are 2 differant games but I have been waiting for this game :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Nooooooo Spar.. you crushed my heart with a hammer!

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                  Nooooooo Spar.. you crushed my heart with a hammer!
                  :( Sorry but it will be for the best I think. I am more of a grunt FPS. Starwars might be too much brain work :) Although I still would love to play it. I think the big sell is I'm not ready to upgrade and PS2 will be graphics friendly for the time being.

FUN FUN

Comment

All good bro, i know you're a grunt! Though I will say swtor has a good grunt class for you! I think you're destined for point and click only! Maybe I will come play some PS2. The first was cool but those were doing the heavy mmo days too so i didn't get into it much.

- -

Comment

The older we get, the more we're going to have to "point and click". Age slows us down, and our twitch is that of a turtle at a certain point in life.

Seriously though, I missed the first game, probably due to not having a computer back then to game on + 56k. This time around, I'll be there.

Comment

Undead I think you're there for every single one nowadays! lol :p

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                          Undead I think you're there for every single one nowadays! lol :p

I try! Only if there were more than 24 hours in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                            The older we get, the more we're going to have to "point and click". Age slows us down, and our twitch is that of a turtle at a certain point in life.

Seriously though, I missed the first game, probably due to not having a computer back then to game on + 56k. This time around, I'll be there.
                            PS1 was about luck as much as it was about twitch, except in certain things like fast aerial combat. Each weapon had a cone of fire (including sniper rifles!) so even if you had dead-on aim it was possible to miss due to the CoF. The old game worked great with modems.

Speaking of stuff, I just recently resubbed and have been playing it constantly. Mmm. Now if only the NC could get their asses together. I feel like there are 30 CR5s on at any given moment and they only have 1 brain to share between them.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Two page preview: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/30/planetside-2-preview/
                              We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games. Anon

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X