Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetside 2 Info

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=37350

This thread is probable the most comprehensive list of info on PS2 so far. If you haven't taken a look I suggested anyone interested in PS2 do so.

No prone? Won't buy it.

Comment

Re: Planetside 2 Info

New dev interview.

http://www.planetside2.com/news/dec052011devchat.html

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalJim View Post
        No prone? Won't buy it.
        The original didn't have it either. No real need, as most of the terrain wasn't conducive to proning, the only time you might have wanted it was in base fights and then the defense walls of the base would get in the way and/or you'd be fully exposed ontop of a roof. Besides that, every weapon had deviation, including sniper rifles at the utmost ranges.

Do you fault Tribes for not having prone when everyone had a personal jetpack that could have them fly 200 feet in the air over your head? Same difference.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

So my point is that the terrain should be a bit more modern on today's tech (grass etc). Prone should therefore be included

Comment

Planetside is not a crawl through the weeds, elite-sniper-boy kinda game. It's a fast action game won with combined arms and superior firepower. If you're spending your time prone...you ain't winning! :)

Some of my best gaming action ever was in the original Planetside. Organizing mass attacks on a base using air, ground vehicles and infantry was intense and fun. Come on Planetside 2!!

Comment

Originally posted by Makarov View Post
              Planetside is not a crawl through the weeds, elite-sniper-boy kinda game. It's a fast action game won with combined arms and superior firepower. If you're spending your time prone...you ain't winning! :)

Some of my best gaming action ever was in the original Planetside. Organizing mass attacks on a base using air, ground vehicles and infantry was intense and fun. Come on Planetside 2!!
              100+ Gal Drop. =/

Comment

Originally posted by Makarov View Post

Pretty mucch. I can't see where proning would help in, say,

or

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Will Tactical Gamer form a dedicated forum thread for Planetside 2, arrange games, battles, etc?

Comment

Really depends on how much interest we have here at TG. I would look back when it reaches a beta stage.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X