War Thunder,F2P MMO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Thunder,F2P MMO

War Thunder is an Online F2P set during WWII,It features customization with bombs,camouflage,pilot and gunner skills.
    It also supports Arcade mode,Sim mode and Realistic mode also you can play some of the campaigns with up to 4 players.
    It has Japan,USA,Germany and soviet planes.Including the german 190 which i adore and worship.

I request a channel for this in the team speak.

Also for some reason i cannot post the link to the website for download just go to google and search War Thunder

Re: War Thunder,F2P MMO

I would also like to request this to be added as a Teamspeak channel if possible.

Comment

Puerto, TS channels can be created by SMs as needed. Just make them temporary so they clean up when the channel is empty.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

So I've been working my way up the British ladder, with a resolute determination not to spend any money until I hit the higher tiers. It's a pretty tough grind, but at least I feel that my mistakes are my own as opposed to traditional MMOs. I really do wish they let you fly with other folks at similar tiers, tho. At my level, there will be games where, realistically, I can't safely engage any other player because their planes are far superior.

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
        "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
        - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

I'm going along the British path as well. I can usually best the better planes with some strategic thinking, those .30 cal machine guns on the biplanes take forever to kill someone but.
          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former ARMA TGU instructor
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob
          Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

@ Bolagnaise

I feel your pain, man. Right now I'm trying to hit the calibration/settings sweet spot for my joystick. Getting accurate, precise shots in is very difficult with the recommended settings, and at the low tier that I'm currently at, I have to dump an entire mag into some enemies to even make a dent.

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
            "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
            - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

Unlocked the hurricane MK2 and the typhoon MK1. Typhoon has auto cannon and 500lbs.
              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
              Former ARMA Admin
              Former ARMA TGU instructor
              Former TGU Headmaster
              Current Noob
              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

When are you guys usually on, we could try to get an squadron up and running?
                sigpic

Comment

my current prestige level is 14,i have level 11 germans,level 6 with USA,Jap and USSR.
                  I tell you this you may think that your planes are considerably weaker when you face a higher tier,consider this tho you can actualy shoot them down with a well placed burst on the wings,also another thing low tier planes have the lowest turn time which means they are the most agile use this to your advantage,dont be afraid to get into tight dogfights because you will out turn the higher tier planes quite easy.With a bit of skill and luck you can destroy anything with a biplane except jets of course they are just too fast to hit.
                  All though i have made many jet pilots rage and cry with me FW 190.
                  I will not be modest to say that i am pretty experienced in the theory of this game,therefore i know many good tips on how to handle most of the enemy planes you will face.

Comment

My in-game nick is:Siger
                    Feel free to add me and if you have questions about a speciffic plane dont hesitate to ask me.
                    Also biplanes are not as underpowered like you may think they may be made out of paper and are not as fast,but they are amazing dog fighters if you get the hang of it,due to theyr fast turn speed and agility.

Tips:
                    -Never go head on with heavy fighters,they have a lot more guns than you do.
                    -All ways try to aim for the bombers wings/engine's
                    -When chasing fighters,shoot in bursts until he makes a turn to the right,left or up and then go full auto so you can have the upper part of the plane facing you,this results in more hits from MG's and also most of the time a kill in the first 1 sec burst.
                    -Never go straight for the enemy positions try and lay back until your guys make the first move this results in the enemy all ready have theyr targets and your not among them.
                    -Make sure you upgrade your G tolerance,for fighters(this is for more control when aiming) GUNNER SKILLS for fighters do NOTHING ONLY FOR BOMBERS!
                    -Ground service:repair rank helps while in flights(fixes fuel leaks) ,note the repair rank must be equal to the aircraft's tier/rank.All the other ones are self explanatory

Comment

A group of about 5 of us have been having a real blast with this. So drop on by!

It's made by the same folks that made IL-2 Sturmovik and has a perfect mix of realism and fun for all types. I was always a huge fan of the Bf-109, and War Thunder models it perfectly - not just visually, but how the plane handled realistically. You actually have to fly the planes the way they were flown in WWII or you'll have a rough time.

Zoom'n'boom planes need to zoom'n'boom or they'll get shot out of the sky. Planes like the Bf-109 have incredible climbing ability, so they need to get up high, drop down, and repeat. Bombers are resilient (maybe too much so) and their payload is realistic and powerful, making them important targets. Bolagnaise is a master of the British version of zoom'n'boom.

My only complaint is the blatant advantage that M/KB users have over joystick users in battle, with their ability to make much more precise adjustments.

But honestly? This game is gorgeous. Photorealism at its finest, and I don't say that lightly. When I first loaded (with no first impressions, mind), I honestly thought I was looking at some sort of pre-rendered cinematic or even a real picture. It's beautiful, and it's optimised perfectly. If you have even a remote interest in it, it's free so you won't lose anything.

Comment

Dllin now sounds like a good time
                        |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

I find bi-planes awesome, nobody expects to get taken down by them. I don't know how many times someone who does a run on me and gets killed because he doesn't realize I can out-maneuver him before he even starts his turn.

Also, if you went British, you went easy.

Comment

Comment

I ignored this game for the longest time due to the super generic name, but give this a shot. It's a definite improvement on the World of ______ monetization format and it's just fun to play right out of the gate.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X