Path of Exile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Path of Exile

I've seen some guys in TG playing this. I've got a group of about 4 right now together. I think one of them is TG, and the rest are old CSS guys from way back when.

I wrote a blog entry about this game here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/blogs/y...n-mmo-rpg.html

The short of it:

Path of Exile is a Free to Play Action RPG much in the same family as Diablo or Torchlight. This game is insane. When you pick a character, you're not picking a class, you're picking a spot to start on the skill tree. This tree is IMMENSE to say the least.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree

The game can be complex. I would recommend following a build if you pick up the game. I've got 7 characters all over level 70, and 6 of them are useless end game because the build doesn't work out the way it should. You can find builds on google. Just search for poe builds. You don't have to follow builds to the letter, but I would suggest following one closely for your first character.

The game currently has 3 chapters. You play it the same way you would Diablo. Once you beat the first difficulty, you progress to the next highest. Difficulty starts at Normal, moves to Cruel, then ends with Merciless. The devs have said they are planning on ultimately having 10 chapters. The level cap right now is 100, and I'm pretty sure the highest level player in the game is around 95. There simply isn't a lot of content for the high end levels yet. The reason for this is because the game is still in beta. Pretty sure the release date is Oct 28, 2013. They have already made major changes to the game to be ready for the release.

It's an excellent game, and it's well worth a try if you enjoy games like Diablo or Torchlight. The majority of people in the game tend to say that PoE is what Diablo 3 should have been.

So, if you're willing to throw just about everything you know about traditional RPGs out the window, and try something new, let me know. I could go on for weeks explaining the different mechanics of the game, but it's best you see for yourself. :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Path of Exile

Ive been beta testing this since July of 2011 and was able to meet the core devs and artists at PAX 2011. Great game!

Comment

Ill give it a try. Started a Templar today.
      Sarcoma.

Comment

That's awesome.

Domination league?

Mom
        Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Hardcore or go home. :-)

Comment

Path of Exile

whatever the default is. Domination I think.
            Sarcoma.

Comment

It's a VERY good game, I played for about an hour. I just wish the timing had been a little better, by at least a few months. Wish BF4 on horizon, all my time will be tied up with that now.

Comment

Yeah, Undead... it's going that way for a lot of people. PS2's population is definitely dwindling due to BF4. I won't be able to get it on release, I'm afraid... we'll see, but not looking good. I'll get it eventually.

I've played thru PoE about... hmm... 7 times now. By that I mean I've played the entire game to end game 7 times. So... 21 times thru the story line... lol. What I'm getting at is that I haven't lost interest yet. I did stop playing there for a while (mostly because of no one to play with) but they just released the actual game and when they did they added a lot of content... and now I'm all, "OMG PoE" again...

If you guys wanna play, add me on steam. Name on there is Yer Mom. Should be pretty easy to find. Lists me as Jackson, TN location.

I'll teach you guys some things. :)

If you create characters on Standard rather than Domination (I have characters on both), my main is on there and I can probably deck you out with leveling gear. I also have just about every gem in the game on mules.... Lol.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

You guys post your in game names here so I can look you up.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

'undead77'

Comment

I'll add you, undead.

I just hit 49 with my sporker witch. :)

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...