Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Wars 2

So how is TG gonna handle NCsoft's second MMO that will be coming out soon? Are we looking at dedicated guild, etc.?

I am assuming time will tell, or when you guys get to it?

Re: Guild Wars 2

it depends on TG interest in the game so we'll see.

- -

Comment

I loved the first Guildwars and the Factions campaign (Nightfall was dissapointing). I would certainly be picking this one up regardless of TG support :)

Comment

I don't really consider GW an MMO in spite of what the industry press things. If GW is an MMO then every game since Doom is an MMO.

Regardless, I could never get into GW because of the utter lack of freedom. I'd like to jump of this bridge and surprise the enemy below, please. No? Why not? Invisible walls you say? :row__628:

Is GW2 following in the same frustrating footsteps?
        "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Originally posted by Greyed View Post
          I don't really consider GW an MMO in spite of what the industry press things. If GW is an MMO then every game since Doom is an MMO.

Regardless, I could never get into GW because of the utter lack of freedom. I'd like to jump of this bridge and surprise the enemy below, please. No? Why not? Invisible walls you say? :row__628:

Is GW2 following in the same frustrating footsteps?
          No. It was frustrating I agree.... But then that wasn't the point of the game. What they set out to do, they did very well.

Comment

new trailer out http://www.guildwars2.com/en/
            looks good
            just wondering what game play will be like?
            hope its simular to oblivion!

Comment

From the trailer I saw jumping and swimming. Looks like it really is becoming an "actual MMO" as Greyed called it. I hope I don't have to pay monthly, that's what made me love the first one.

Comment

FAQ says it'll be free.

Kinda meh about the trailer. After NCSoft's pooching of Aion along with their "vision" video I'm really, really disenchanted with videos like this. Prerendered scenes with no actual video of gameplay, no UI, nothing to judge the state of the game, how it will play, anything. It's 99.9% fluff. The other 0.1% is the lore. ;)
                "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

I was under impresison that ArenaNet, not NCSoft, made Guild Wars? Either way if the game is free to play, that will still be a lot of content :)

Comment

Yeah, I believe ArenaNet is the developer. This game is gonna be gooood.

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
                      I was under impresison that ArenaNet, not NCSoft, made Guild Wars? Either way if the game is free to play, that will still be a lot of content :)
                      Somewhat correct. ArenaNet is a development arm of NCSoft. Much like Paragon Studios, the current stewards of City of Heroes, is a part of NCSoft and the Game Production Studio (Lineage 1, 2 and Aion) are a part of NCSoft.

Basically I view current and future NCSoft games in the same light I view current and future SOE games. Individually some might have some merit but all carry with them the taint of a studio that excels at epic fail. Because of this it is hard to not associate past failures with future, unseen products.

Comment

I think GW2 will be fine personally but Anet is really screwed when it comes to skill updates etc, with the release of Nightfall then EOTN pve-only skills, the game pretty much died. Even if GW2 is as great as they say it will be, a lot of the player-base will be gone.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Napoleon View Post
                          I think GW2 will be fine personally but Anet is really screwed when it comes to skill updates etc, with the release of Nightfall then EOTN pve-only skills, the game pretty much died. Even if GW2 is as great as they say it will be, a lot of the player-base will be gone.
                          Agreed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X