Freelancer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freelancer

Hi guys, I have been playing Freelancer lately. It is older, but it is still good depending on the mod you play. It still has plenty of players on the different mod servers. I have been playing with some other TG members here. We have been using the Discovery 4.85 reunion mod. I like it. You also need the freelancer mod manager 1.4 beta 4

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Freelancer

I freaking love Freelancer! Every year or so I get sucked back into and play through the SP campaign. Sadly my gaming time has dwindled as of late.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Anyone else?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Well at the mention of FL (again), I got sucked back in. Though I'm playing on the Discovery USA server rather than the UK/European one.

Already have a few fighters (or rather had). Looking to bump up one of my chars to a gunboat before making the splash onto onto a cap. :)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well, I bought a Spatial Super Heavy Fighter. It may be a fighter, but man, it has that giant wing which makes it crash into rocks... Well, it is better than flying that molar shaped ship...

Comment

The Spatial is a heavy bomber, it's not a fighter. And yes, the big single-sided wing makes it unweilding for any sort of combat in a asteroid field. Then again, as a bomber, you wouldn't be engaging cap ships in a asteroid field anyways.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well, I never viewed it as a bomber, I thought is was more like a cross between a bomber and a fighter. I know it does very well in Nomad space, at least until you get a bunch of Nomad assassins.

Comment

If my experience with bombers are of any indication of the Spatial, I somehow doubt it would survive for long against NPC Nomads, much less PvP. They just aren't as manuvuerable or agile as fighters are.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

thought about getting a gunboat

Comment

hi !!

I play on Discovery Freelancer 24/7 server with BeSiege82 and a few others. I usually run my Xfire while gaming ... my xfire is zaotoichi feel free to add.

thanks to crazydenguru and besiege82 for turning me on to the discovery mod !!!!!!!

Comment

Here is my gunboat:

[media]http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/9cd10dc5502037f6a324c2410aab846ec78d6627.png[/media]

http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Conference

*note: it does not have mines even though the wiki ship review indicates that it does.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                        Here is my gunboat:

[media]http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/9cd10dc5502037f6a324c2410aab846ec78d6627.png[/media]

http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Conference

*note: it does not have mines even though the wiki ship review indicates that it does.
                        *scratches out*

Ah, it's the Zoner GB. Didn't notice they updated the model. Man, that thing looks sweet. Too bad it's more like a frigate than a gunboat.

I don't know how GC might enforce the RP rules, but on the USA server you'd need to have Zoner ID and Zoner rep in order to own and use that gunboat.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                          WTH. Which gunboat is that? I don't even recognize that from the wiki...
                          It is the Conference.

Comment

Hello everyone, been dragged into FL aswell. Awesome game then you think about how old it is.
                            When I count, there are only you and I together
                            But when I look ahead up the white road
                            There is always another one walking beside you
                            Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
                            I do not know whether a man or a woman
                            - But who is that on the other side of you?

/The Waste land by T.S Eliot

Comment

Gah, I want to play Freelancer so bad again. There's just to much on my plate right now.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X