Perpetuum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perpetuum

Just got into the closed beta for Perpetuum.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Main

Anyone who has played EVE will be immediately familiar with the UI and many game features. In fact you could call it EVE On The Ground With Robots instead of Perpetuum. Nothing wrong with that IMHO and it looks like it could be a lot of fun.
    We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games. Anon

Re: Perpetuum

signed up for the beta, waiting to see if I get in, looks interesting, can really see the eve likeness :P

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Yup. It's fun so far although I'm still just feeling my way around. Did a little mining and the first two noob assignments (quests). Will probably join a corp but if we get enough people interested we could form our own.
      We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games. Anon

Comment

I signed up, looks cool.

Comment

I joined Deus Ex Mechanus yesterday. Seems like a good bunch of guys so far. A little about the corp:

Deus Ex Mechanus is a corporation focused on military production, be it bots, ammo or weapons in general. Unlike fully industrial companies however, we also mantain a strong army to fiercely protect our members, resources and assets. Our products are both used to gear up this elite force, and to sell on market for profit.

I'm playing as Ironclad and Digger Felps if anyone else joins the beta.

Comment

Finally got accepted into the beta, heh.

*edit, Wow these graphics are so 1999, yuck.
            Last edited by UnDeaD; 07-24-2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Looks like EVE Online to me, really and truly.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

I only played the character creator on EVE, then exited and never played again. That was nice. This character creator in this game is so juvenile, and silly looking.

Comment

Admittedly this is the older engine, but..

Outside of the character portrait generator, the game was pretty flat and drab except for the space backdrops, and it only got away with highish framerates because the high-poly spaceships were seldom next to each other in any kind of proximity. When you got into fights with 30-40 spaceships, things slowed to 5 FPS and network lag kicked your ass more than the other team.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                  <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                  DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Yeah, it looks very complicated. As does Perpetuum, more for the hardcore MMO players I suppose.

Comment

Perpetuum is easier to get into than EVE. I'm a casual gamer and have had no problems learning the game. Of course it helps being in a corp with some experienced players who can answer questions.

Comment

Been accepted will try it out later today.

Comment

I applied will see if i get in.

Sarcoma
                          Sarcoma.

Comment

I made it in.

Im sarcoma and am looking for a corp
                            Sarcoma.

Comment

Interesting game. Gonna apply now, maybe get lucky and get in soon.
                              "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
                              EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
                              PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...