DC Universe Online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Universe Online

Ok i want to find out just how many people are going to play this in november.

If you haven't seen it, check it out here

There is a really good cinematic trailer out as well here

If there is enough interest I'll get us a forum going. Right now i'm definitely going to get it and we'll see how well it does.

- -

Re: DC Universe Online

Yes, I'd love to try it. How much different will it be than CoH, or Champions Online though?

Comment

Their feature list so far:

Game Features:

* Experience the power of visceral combat where you control every blow your character strikes, delivering a level of action that is unparalleled in the MMO segment.
      * Choose your side -- superhero or villain -- as you battle to save or conquer the universe.
      * Fight alongside or against your favorite DC heroes and villains including Batman, The Joker, Superman, Wonder Woman and others…The next legend is YOU!
      * Experience the intensity of a world created in the artistic vision of legendary comic book artist Jim Lee.
      * Take advantage of the state-of-the-art physics engine and use objects in the world around you as weapons, including even your enemies!
      * Players will create their own custom DC-style hero or villain, each with a unique look and combination of superpowers.
      * Embark on heroic or villainous story-driven adventures penned by famous DC writers including Geoff Johns and Marv Wolfman.
      * Gameplay is optimized for both the PS3 computer entertainment system and PC.
      * Explore the DC Universe; walk the darkened streets of Gotham City, investigate the mysteries of the futuristic cityscape of Metropolis and travel to legendary locations including Arkham Asylum and the Justice League of America Watchtower.

- -

Comment

So as a villain will we be able to kill people?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xddGegFFTS8

Some more stuff about the game.

Some gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvHH-tVHjzw

- -

Comment

To my knowledge it is a pay-to-play, so I doubt I will play it. It looks interesting none the less.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

yes most mmo's are pay to play. That's not going to change though. You have to realize that you pay for constant game updates and the ability to play with thousands of players.

- -

Comment

DCUO has been delayed until april 2011.
                http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/news/

I don't mind since it means a better release but i was really looking forward to a good mmo to play till swtor. Guess i'll have to wait longer.

- -

Comment

I took advantage of their preorder offer and wish i could say more.

I think this may be a good mmo for a few years especially with all the lore being fleshed out in shows and movies. DC comics has really built themselves a nice franchise.

- -

Comment

NDA Lifted so i'll talk now. I've been playing the beta and the game seems pretty polished and smooth. It has a good story basis so far and DC has plenty of lore to add in to the game with such a deep universe. It's not quite as robust as some other AAA titles that I can see. I haven't seen anything with crafting but it may be around somewhere. I can use a logitech controller but it took some tweaking, they did mention better support for direct input controllers (non xbox, ps3). The movement methods are pretty well done, they have superspeed, flight and acrobatics. Well done on those too. The control scheme is pretty normal but more action based then skill buttons. You can get into combos and some fun aerial combat too. All in all the game is turning out pretty good. It has a pretty large world as well. Graphics are sound and crisp.

- -

Comment

I like flying around.

Comment

There is a new review out.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...niverse-Online

It's got some good stuff going for it but it will need something to really make this stand out still. Vehicles, alien planets, space or something for people to really innovate.

- -

Comment

Hmm. Since it's apparently coming out next week, is there a rash of beta people yelling that it's not ready as per usual with MMO releases as of late? Granted, they've been right for quite a few big releases in a row now...

Comment

I didn't get a chance to dive to much into it but I'd have to say it's not ready for long term play so they will get a big boost at release that will fall off over time unless they do a lot of big development releases in the first month or two.

- -

Comment

this looks promising

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...niverse/708707

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X