9.30.2012 Platoon of Epic Ground Pound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] 9.30.2012 Platoon of Epic Ground Pound

Today for around two hours I partook in the best example of Teamwork in PlanetSide 2.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/90...D28E9D2B78C01/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/90...F3E2C0E70FE69/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/90...AACA4C9F69F04/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/90...803B9A17B0219/

Re: 9.30.2012 Platoon of Epic Ground Pound

Was AWESOME!!! the crown take over was alot easier than expected :p
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

You guys went to the crown? I'm jelly I left before that!

Comment

Sorry for the crap resolution people, here is my photo report. It was an awesome game. Many thanks to all the squadleaders that stepped up and made it happen. Wyattman, Draona after him, The Pubbie called Skysomething after that, Brian220000 for starting a third squad, Experiment for starting a fourth.

I don't remember who played when, but in the end we were a full platoon rolling across the TR desert. One time we got pushed back to Rashnu, by what seemed like an outfit larger than a full platoon of mostly infantry and air. Teamwork went awesome, was actually easy to accomplish. We used almost exclusively the in-game tools (voip+platoon interface), waypoints (sometimes buggy still), smoke signals.

After a slow start, the platoon slowly but surely got rolling.

When looking for new foes to test ourselves after making it to the TR warpgate, someone proposed we take time to do a photo-op.

The enemy attempted to take advantage of our photo-op in enemy territory, to no avail :).

Laying siege to the TR warpgate that . Notice the tank line in the mini-map. Again, low graphics...

Falling back to find a hefty TR force behind us all on the walls defending the road up the canyon. A fierce battle ensued lasting five or ten minutes, costing costing about fifty to a hundred lives. It was our first encounter possibly with the TR outfit that pushed us back to Rashnu.

But after that we pushed them all the way back to the warpgate again.

It is here I gave the order to defend the first sector next to the warpgate, Alkali something. I said fight to the last man, no armor just hold the base. 20 minutes later, we still held it. The Terrans couldn't push us away. I suspect though that they had a mighty force fighting over the Crown.

And then finally we pulled away because it was no fun, off, to the Crown! We formed up north of it, and then ran all of this infantry to the north side of the crown, where we all ran up the foot-path zigzagging up the north flank. It was an awesome sight to see them all. You don't see it as much in the pics, because you don't see around you. Here is the foot-path.

Here is the crown being taken ninja style :p. Most notable, the mini-map shows the whole platoon together. See also the amount of enemies trying to push us back off. It wasn't an easy fight!

Thanks all participants. I'll post something later on with some lessons learnt from this game about managing 48 players in voip, and about using the platoon interface, including how to work around current bugs.

Comment

Awesome fight and great AAR. Sorry I missed all the fun!

Looking forward to hearing your lessons.
          sigpic

Comment

I was there and because of the leadership of BigGaayAl and the rest, I'm now here.

Thing that stuck out in my mind was, we had the lowest server pop the entire time we were running around in the TR's back yard. Just goes to show what teamwork and a squad that can follow orders can do.

Comment

Welcome to TG Biytor.
              Gotta ask, do you have a Snow Dog ? ;)

BGA....great job leading the platoon yesterday.
              YT props to you for the squad leading too.
              Great fun running around with all that armor this weekend.

|

Comment

Had a blast yesterday, well done Al, I see you are becoming more confident with the map and taking on objectives.

I inadvertently recorded 50 mins of video whilst I was flying, unfortunately there is no sound?!?. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with how despite having the lowest pop most of the night we done so well or the fact that I was recording to the same drive I was playing from whilst flying with no lag :P

Oh and welcome to TG Biytor
                It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

This goes to show that you don't have to have 500 people to make your mark in game. With more people becoming familiar with the game, I expect to see more people stepping up to the leadership role and making this a regular thing.
                  Viking

Comment

Welcome Blytor. Good games!

Comment

So what do we call Al after last nights epic C&C...Generalissmo? Towards the end we were rocking 4 full squads! Talk about a command nightmare! Sorry I had to bail on you Al, was getting late I'm a better SL then CO anyways :)

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

No Snow Dog lately. I've been running solo for a bit now. Anyway, he's mean and wants to send me back to hell all the time. It's so much more fun up here.

Comment

AI, i want to thank you for referring me to this community and for the great leadership you presented me in this game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X