08/12/12 Air Raid Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] 08/12/12 Air Raid Event

Awesome turnout guys. Post up your AARs here.

Mission Recap (Times approximate)

1400 EST Rallied up at Indar warp gate

1430 Stepped off - 3 Full TG Airbourne Squads plus a TG Air support Squad

1430-1500 Rapid advancement West, pushing back Vanu

1500 Encountered Enclave at Tawrich Tech Plant - Unable to break defences

1500-1530 Rapid advancement north, pushing TR back to dry seabed

1530-1600 Fighting retreat southwards against attacking Armor column

1600 JohnFlenaly succeeded in Platoon Leadership by SocomSeal - Squad moves to hold Zurvan Amp Station

Platoon Composition

Alpha Squad Leader / Platoon Leader - JohnFlenaly
    Bravo Squad Leader - StraitRaider
    Charlie Squad Leader - TG88thBirdie
    Air Support Leader - SocomSeal

Big thanks go out to John for his leadership and for organizing the even. Big thanks to our Galaxy pilots as well, who had a boring but mission critical role.
    Last edited by Strait Raider; 12-08-2012, 09:54 PM.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Re: 08/12/12 Air Raid Event

Fun mission, thanks to everyone who organized it. Couple screens taken, unfortunately once the mission got going, my computer started acting up, then I was to busy being killed to take any.
    http://imgur.com/a/RKXOL

Comment

I didn't join because I was busy fighting it out at Tawrich Tech Plant with everyone else, those TR certainly know how to put up an impenetrable defense...or at least know how to exploit a lack of direction in our case. We were still fighting when I left about 15 minutes ago. Still, it was good to hear you guys have fun!

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Good fun tonight, sadly I was unable to stay for the entire duration, but glad I could make it! :)

Comment

Was good fun while I was there. We did a heck of a job pushing up north on the east side of Indar. That TR tank battalion was one of the scariest sights ever to behold. Great games everyone!
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Big thanks to John for making PS2 TG feel like the TG of BF2142 I fell in love with.

My personal high moment was when we were at the Red Bluffs tower for the second time, just after breaking the heavy offense, and someone called out that there was an incoming Sundy. I was patrolling outside the tower in my Lightning and just happened to be heading east along the road to the north. IE, the road on which the Sundy was probably coming down. I hit full speed and played chicken with the Sundy, hitting it head on. I sustained about 1/4th damage to my lightning whereas the crash, and an HE round from my 100mm cannon, dropped it to well under half. In the time it took my 100mm to reload a rain of rockets from our heavies finished it off. Pretty sure the Sundy being stopped dead cold had something to do with their accuracy. ;)

If anyone is interested I have the first 20m of it from PS2's internal video capture. IE, low-res& no VOIP. Shows the op from my PoV up until my frames bottom out from the recording.
            "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
              Big thanks to our Galaxy pilots as well, who had a boring but mission critical role.
              I volunteered as Bravo Galaxy pilot in the absence of Hobbit and then got traded to Charlie after he showed up. I may have taken someone else's spot, but it was "crickets" at the time volunteers were called for by John, sorry about that.

I had a great time nevertheless. Thanks to Bravo squad for their patience with me and I hope I didn't let the squad down. I was around for the first half a dozen drops, I only lost one galaxy and I think we were always the first or second squad in to the various objectives. This is largely because StraightRaider, Bravo SL made sure everyone was where they needed to be for pick up, gave me squad markers for exact pick up and drop offs, hustled people onto the galaxy and was always the last one on-board, making sure everyone got on. Great squad leading and great squad members. I didn't get many certs, but the ones I did get were all for squad deploy kills. Thanks to my fellow squad members for the points.

Also thanks to John for setting up and executing the event, albeit late because eastern != central.
              Last edited by CoiledTortoise; 12-09-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

great time, it was pretty awesome! Thanks john for your BA squadd leading....and voodoo for ur galaxy flying...felt epic watching u zoom in for hot pick up/drop offs it was awesome, thanks for the great time
                EDIT: i was one of the few who took a couple group pictures but i installed my ssd today and wiped my other drive so they're gone
                itd be great if someone could post on of the group pics :)
                Last edited by di1lweed1212; 12-09-2012, 11:17 PM.
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Double props for Voodoo. That pickup of QuantumQrack near Tawrich was awesome. We were at Spec Ops Training Post over Tawrich and Voodoo actually picked up most of the squad hovering to the side of a cliff. If that wasn't awesome enough somehow QuantumQrack got himself stuck on a ledge lower on the hills. John dropped down to lead him over to a better pickup spot, Voodoo maneuvered over and hovered near the edge again to pick them up. This time, however, the AA turrets at Tawrich realized he was there and opened up. Voodoo didn't bug out, he stayed where he was and when John told him he was too high just dropped further to pick 'em up. Not only was he able to pick up the last of the squad be he had enough on his Gal to turn back around and drop us over Tawrich. :)
                  Last edited by Greyed; 12-10-2012, 02:41 AM. Reason: Fixed QuantumQrack's name, sorry!
                  "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

QuantumQrack actually, :-) And yes, that was an awesome pickup! Leave no man behind kind of stuff!

Comment

haha thanks for the props, i was actually pretty nervous since i've had zero time in a Gal lol. I guess ill have to throw some certs its way for future runs, definitely was fun. Also sorry had to leave earlier then normal, had promised the girlfriend an oil change and was running out of time in the day.
                      Last edited by Voodoo288; 12-10-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for setting this up, and those who led the group, really fun!
                        Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

That was a lot of fun. Thanks to JohnFlenaly for setting it up and thanks to everyone that led or played. What a great way to spend a couple of hours in game. Nice turnout. Great job everybody.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X