Friday Night Fights: 22/02/2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Friday Night Fights: 22/02/2013

Had the camera running for close to two hours, so will be uploading some footage soon.

Very impressive platoon leadership from John F.

Memories of ancient scrims with the BF2 and PR gang, although no frequent disconnects. A much more stable gaming platform.

One thing I noticed was that there was little dying on our part.

I also noticed a highly controlled team not playing for certs or quick xp but focused on the tactical necessities of the moment.

The rest of TG needs to know about this.

Images from Bravo Squad.

sigpic

Re: Friday Night Fights: 22/02/2013

An unedited segment:

sigpic

Comment

Did you get any video of the charge emale?

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
        Did you get any video of the charge emale?
        The one at the end of the evening -- yes. Should be uploaded today or tomorrow!
        sigpic

Comment

The charge!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, what was the oh crap in the background lol?

Comment

Must have split my beer!

Part two and three of the Bravo Squad series:

sigpic

Comment

More . . .

sigpic

Comment

So YOU were the one popping the smoke. While it probably stopped them from shooting me it also prevented us from engaging them when they were charging on foot over that vast desert.... Grr.

I really like the smoke and I think we need to come up with what situations they are good in and when they aren't too great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                    So YOU were the one popping the smoke. While it probably stopped them from shooting me it also prevented us from engaging them when they were charging on foot over that vast desert.... Grr.

I really like the smoke and I think we need to come up with what situations they are good in and when they aren't too great.
                    Yup.

You'll never get consensus on that issue.

Smoke.

When in doubt, smoke more.
                    sigpic

Comment

Emale, would you be able to compile the specific moments when we had to fight the Massive Sunderer Onslaught at Briggs? I would love to look that over and add it to an overall AAR for that specific moment.

Below is a specific few points about that operation-

Indar defense is a tough nut to crack when the Terran Republic want to have a show of force. The Enclave is a key player in how the TR manage to overwhelm our forces and they employ many strategies of numbers to win. Numbers alone aren't the only factor and I would argue that their is a level of coordination, cooperation, and planning at work here. This can be seen with the battle at Briggs.

The Battle of Briggs (2/23) was a battle of scale. TG's FNF operation grabbed the area and held in a pattern to defend the specific territory. There were many strategic concerns at that moment and the general idea was that a platoon, singularly, could not hold nor maintain an assault against the full weight of the TR. This is a sound choice by Commander John Flennaly.

It is particularly important to understand that the solitary position, only a few hundred kilometers from our besieged warp gate, offered a strong strategic position in that it allowed for the assault on to FOUR SMALL OUTPOSTS, TWO LARGE OUTPOSTS, and ONE FACILITY. This is an important observation! Our actions in taking AND HOLDING the position of BRIGGS added ADJACENCY to SEVEN individual territories and COMPLETELY OPENED attacks on FIVE territories.

There was severe griping, after we were ejected from BRIGGS, about not pushing forward and continuing the attacks. This is a foolish gripe from a strategic level when we observe the law of 'Inverse Proportion of Influence' (Generally the rule that Influence is a two way street that normally goes AGAINST you). Briggs was at all times surrounded on multiple fronts by enemy influence, at other times it was fully surrounded. Conversely NEVER did our singular territory provide the same percentage of Influence on ANY OTHER territory. A quick tabular gives us the following numbers;

Crater Firing (S) -- 2/15th
                      Alkali (S) -- 2/16+(WG grants constant 6/16)=8/16th
                      Waterson (M) -- 1/19th
                      Mao Tech (L) -- 3/18th
                      East Canyon (S) -- 1/10th
                      Galaxy Solar (S) -- 3/16th
                      Deep Impact Site (M) -- 3/16th

Conversely the influence PUT ON TO Briggs was between 14/14th and 9/14th.

Let us again understand that while we possessed a Platoon's Strength we were facing a force that was consistently and confidently coordinating Companies of Strength. Consider too that we did stave off many threats onto Briggs over the 20 minute stay there. From my memory there was one weak air drop, one weak Sunderer Raid, one squad sized Mechanized attack, and one multiple squad sized mechanized attack. All of those forces would have won over Briggs had we been at another point further entrenched in the enemy's domain and we would have been no better off yet arguably providing LESS strategic gains to our team by providing adjacency to points FURTHER from our front lines.

The point here, I guess, is to say that we did what we could and that John showed an expert level of strategic understanding and value and weighing risks versus reward at Briggs.

Where we 'failed' was not so much due to our failings but rather due to us being in a situation that was inherently unwinnable. A keen eye on the map showed at least five territories where enemy platoon or platoon(s) were focused against the NC. One point, the Palisade, was lost minutes before the final TR offensive on Briggs which saw a fielding of at least TWO platoons and many Sunderers.

It was only a matter of time and to be upset at the outcome is to complain about a gravity.

Losing sucks, yes, but it doesn't need to last.

Comment

The words wandered around in my mind for a day or so, before it crystallized into the perfect response after remembering the words of my favourite author I've never read a whole book by. Thus:

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                        Yup.

You'll never get consensus on that issue.

Smoke.

When in doubt, smoke more.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of smoke.

[Biggaayal, tg forums, 2013]

Thank you for your attention.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                          The words wandered around in my mind for a day or so, before it crystallized into the perfect response after remembering the words of my favourite author I've never read a whole book by. Thus:

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of smoke.

[Biggaayal, tg forums, 2013]

Thank you for your attention.
                          Darn.

Now I am not sure if I am full of smoke, cocksure, or intelligent.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                            Darn.

Now I am not sure if I am full of smoke, cocksure, or intelligent.
                            At any rate, it's the story of my life, ... possibly :D.

Comment

More of JohnF in action as PL . . .

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed