06/03/2013 Amerish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] 06/03/2013 Amerish

The bottom of the map was a solid line of purple when I took over as PL. I ordered a hot drop of our two squads onto Tumas Tech planet. Alpha spend the rest of the evening repelling attacks on the Tech plant. I initially sent Bravo to the quadrant immediate south of Tumas Tech Plant, but the B1 reported that the enemy would not be dislodged, and I could not spare any men from Alpha to assist.

Thus I pulled Bravo off of the southern quadrant and ordered Bravo to attack the adjacent northern quadrant. This took some time but was successful. With our northern flank secured, Bravo was ordered to return to Tumas Tech and assist in regaining control of the Tech plant which had momentarily shifted over to VS control.

We ended the evening achieving my primary goal of splitting the VS territory in half, declared a strategic victory, and shut down the TG PS2 operation.

Noteworthy, even with overwhelming population advantage 62/20, we found a challenging enemy.

This leads me to believe that there is merit in selecting a continent which delivers a substantial population advantage. Of course, no one wants to ghost cap all night long (which is certainly not what we faced).
    sigpic

Re: 06/03/2013 Amerish

I had Bravo Squad Lead. The delay on attacking the northern quadrant (Auraxis Firearm Corp) was mine. Dropped my squad off on the east side of the formation by Sunderer and forgot that the only way onto the base itself (except light inf) is via the bridge. We ended up "patrolling" the base of the formation almost 360 and then finally got into position after about 10 long minutes. Our delay caused some headache with Alpha having to hold on longer than they should have had to.

Apologies again for the scrambled comms. PL had called us back before we capped the AFC. I had sheepishly relayed the fall back order (knowing we had spent far too long getting there) and we were about 8 seconds into dropping back to the Tech Plant when we heard the "go ahead and hold for the cap". I had just a few seconds to mash my "cancel" button and call out to Bravo to hold for the cap. I then mashed the Platoon chat instead of Squad chat, and I'm sure it sounded pretty darn funny. I'm usually not that excitable. :row__636:

My own learnings....
    1.) By land there's only one way into Auraxis Firearm Corp. Use the south bridge.
    2.) If you need to stay. Tell your PL you need to stay. I should have given a quick sit-rep and requested we wait it out instead of waiting for the order to switch.

Awesome Platoon Leading E-Male. Always enjoyable.

So here's a question that may help me. What keys does everyone use for Squad Chat, Platoon Chat, Outfit Chat, Nearby Chat? I'm still using the default so the Squad and Platoon are on opposite sides of my keyboard. Is there a better setup? I'm using the Logitech G15, so I know I'm not using anything near what it's capable of.

Snarlin
    Last edited by Snarlin; 03-07-2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Snarlin.

I am reminded to ask for sit reps and inquire if staying is necessary before ordering a move out.

It was a challenging battle!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post
        1.) By land there's only one way into Auraxis Firearm Corp. Use the south bridge.
        I have told people that so many times.

Since beta, when we fought there often, I have seen hundreds of tanks die on that bridge. But I've seen even more infantry running circles around it whilst dieing... Sometimes these were the members of our/my platoon, EVEN AFTER I TOLD EM THERE IS NO WAY UP EXCEPT THE BRIDGE...

But no ... it still didn't work :D.

Sorry for the caps, it's just so I hope no one that read it will ever forget and spawn on the sunderer that is parked below the base, from which you have at least 5 minutes of walking to reach the enemy. The enemy that can see and shoot at you during all of that long walk.

Part of this is that people need to actually start reading the map, look at the hight indication-lines. THe info is in fact available on the map as it has always been. It just takes a careful look, where you examine the layout of terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
          . . .
          Part of this is that people need to actually start reading the map . . .
          Al, as a professor for some 13 years now, and an author for 23 years, I can assure you:

People. Don't. Read.

I jokingly call my Department of Communication at uOttawa the Department of Miscommunication.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
            Al, as a professor for some 13 years now, and an author for 23 years, I can assure you:

People. Don't. Read.
            and this is why when my dad asks me to sign the tax form i always ask "so what exactly am i signing my soul over to again?" ;)
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

:D on the miscommunication.

Reading back, Snarlin may read my post as directed at him. I just want to make clear that my post was expressing general frustration as experienced in past events.

Comment

62 to 20 is a sort of relative term, in all honesty. I've been on Esamir and Amerish where there was similar numbers yet always faced heavy opposition at certain bases. I think it's just there are so few people on that particular server, like there is actually 114 NC guys on the server with 40 VS. :p Oh well, thought I'd throw my two cents in here!

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X