05/04/13 Late Night Airdrops with Randy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] 05/04/13 Late Night Airdrops with Randy

After the Indar Alert, which was kind of fubar, we stuck around to kind of end the night on a good note. Randy called for an air assault, so I immediately pulled my Galaxy gunship. We quickly and efficiently loaded up and moved on Sacred Mesa, encountering almost no resistance along the southern border. Setup CAS over Mesa, using the wing bulldogs to provide anti infantry support. First Mosq shows up thinking that I would be an easy kill. Call for my one gunner to hop in the top turret and we engage the mosq with 1 reaver support. After a few moments, splash one Mosq, Galaxy nanites repair without need to land. Pick up the squad after cap and move on to Lost End, again setting up CAS, and again, more Mosq's show up. This one get's smart, realizing I will not run away, and does so himself. Squad caps and I dust them off to Spec Ops. While CAS over Spec Ops, 2 wings of Mosq come in, and engage us. We do some damage but it's too much of a furball, so I break off looking for cover. In the process of diving into the canyon over Copper mine, I lose all 4 mosqs, nanites repair and I call that I am back on station providing CAS. Then while over Spec Ops, I get rammed by a friendly and explode. Respawn warpgate and grab Galaxy #2. I pick up the squad and immediately drop them on Copper mine, dodging low flying Mosq's coming out of their warpgate. Stick on station until 1 mosq shows serious interest in us, to which I go on the offensive and splash #2 mosq before coming back and dusting off the squad to the next objective. This kept going with one break when Randy grabbed his Galaxy to move us to the far north of Indar. After that we did one last hoorah in my Galaxy, culminating in an serious attempt at the crown with 7 squad members.
    sigpic

Re: 05/04/13 Late Night Airdrops with Randy

I don't know about you guys, but I had so much fun doing this. It is something I have wanted to do, and had been preparing for (practicing treetop gal flying) for a while now. I had planned to log off much earlier than I did last night because I had to work today. Now I am paying the price for being irresponsible and staying up waaaay too late. lol So, I am at work now but I have some more thoughts about this that I would like to add, and will do so later.

I was just searching for one of the posts here on TG discussing air ops where someone posted a link to another forum (official PS2 forum maybe?) and in that thread on the other site there was some video of the "flying pandas" or somesuch, along with a Gal guide. I couldn't find that thread again here on TG, but I did manage to find the video on youtube. So, in the meantime until I can post back, I will set the mood for this discussion by posting the original video that inspired me to try these tactics:

Enjoy!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Re: 05/04/13 Late Night Airdrops with Randy

Alright, what originally started out as a few thoughts rapidly grew into a complete guide. :) Therefore I moved it onto it's own thread here:

Randy's Guide to Airborne Infantry Operations at the Platoon Level (WIP)
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X