Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First expereinces leading a platoon and a half with Randy. + Max crash video.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] First expereinces leading a platoon and a half with Randy. + Max crash video.

Hi, I don't remember when exactly this game happened. I was running a full platoon, Randy joined, and then immediately started a new platoon.We used teamspeak in the command channel to communicate.

This worked quite well. But comms procedures should be refined imo for multi platoon operations. Now I don't recall much else from the game at the moment, but Randy captured the best moment on video.

As you all know I like to keep the whole forces withing visual range of each other as much as possible. So in the video you see the whole force of 1,5 platoons together. We had been fighting around Allatum for hours, defending Hvar, and trying to retake the biolab. But there was a force quite a bit bigger then hours all the time defending it, or scrambling to resecure it at any time when it was being attacked.

So I had us merely probing their defenses now and then. This probing was done with a max crash. You go in, kill, and if you cannot immediatly seize control, you pull off, do something else. The 'probing attack' in the video failed in the sense that we could not capture the biolab. But in matters of execution it was nearing perfection imo, and in matter of damage done as well.

In the video you see Randy jumping into the pad and a hefty fight is going on. When I on point was flying up there though, I saw what seemed like a platoon standing on that pad. When I landed I used my max boost, but clumsily hit the other jump-pad, which sent me flying back pas all our maxes. You can see me fly past Randy when he is in the air.

When I jumped back, a few enemy were still being killed, and then the whole pad was clear. THis is when Randy goes into the biolab and dies. As you can see the biolab still had plenty of enemies inside and the force is too big for us to fight.

Another element I want to add is note how close we are together all. I had ordered the whole 1,5 platoons to form up on me as close as possible to remain undetected by the forces in the biolab and others. This was funny as hell imo, and it worked.

A max crash success the way I see it, is based off surprise, and punching power. You get the most powerful units to strike at one point with crushing force. SO specifically for a max crash hiding a platoon size force is necessary. Hence why 've been trying to make people form up inside outpost spawn areas instead of at teleports.

We are in fact much safer in that ridiculously tight formation than we would be in a spread out - grenade/c4 proof formation that most players naturally favor. At 1:16 you see all of us hiding in a small depression. I think I had called for this, to totally form up the platoon, so again, we could get that maximum punch when we did the attack.

*edit* I noticed Randy is in my squad, but I'm pretty sure there was also a second platoon, so I'm confused on that point. Perhaps i'm confusing it with a later attack when we did have the second platoon. Or maybe someone else was leading 2nd... not sure.

Re: First expereinces leading a platoon and a half with Randy. + Max crash video.

Nice -- great things are evolving with our multi-platoon efforts and high levels of order and cohesion.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: First expereinces leading a platoon and a half with Randy. + Max crash video.

Yes, I think that video is hilarious, too bad the in game capture doesn't capture voice comms, as it added to the effect Al's voice directing us "everyone get together in this little hole in a little ball." LOL Good times.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Somebody (DaddyofThree?) was "singing" Wagner as we were advancing across the plain. Too much fun.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X