Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] 18/05/2013 with Randy as PL

Was in BiGaayAl's Bravo squad.

No details (too late now), just a quick reflection on how awesome it is when we all work together in the TG fashion.

Randy was doing good work as PL with excellent comms. I watched as Al whipped his squad into an lean mean infantry machine that did exactly what it was told to do.

Moral was high.
    sigpic

Re: 18/05/2013 with Randy as PL

Just some low-res, low-quality pics from my squad that did an awesome job:

While I was disappointed with the NcCoalition's tactics on Indar, our company did great under Randy's leadership, and was in the right places most of the time. It was hard on Indar, but very rewarding on Esamir after that.

In the pics at Esamir Munitions, I had asked my squad to form up. They formed this nice firing line by themselves, and we just set there for the whole cap, having the whole squad use single shot to suppress the enemy on the tower.
    At a certain point there the enemy tried to flank Munitions from the west with a full squad. Unfortunately for them, Randy spotted them. We were in such a good position to fight them that they were immediately pinned down and slaughtered. by us and the blueberries on the lower ground.

Comment

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun after I left. :-( Thanks to Randy for getting this organized! There must be 10 voices in your head at all times with that many comms.

I also am questioning the quality of tactics that the NC coalition employs. I know it is hard to organize that many groups..I don't think I could do it BUT. I wish we had a larger influence on the tactics employed. We have in our group some very talented statisticians and ex-military that I think could come up with some better battle plans than whoever is leading in the NC coalition.
      Just from my point of view I thought they spread their forces too thin. Just because we had the numbers to attack many bases at once I don't think it was a good thing to do. When we lost the tech plant I was glad!, because it transformed the forces that were spread out into a spearhead that crushed the resistance. I know this is backseat driving but I thought I would throw this out there for debate.

Just my 2 cents. Todd
      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

And this:

sigpic

Comment

Damn. Sounds like I missed a fantastic op. Wish I could have been there...

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
              I also am questioning the quality of tactics that the NC coalition employs. I know it is hard to organize that many groups..I don't think I could do it BUT. I wish we had a larger influence on the tactics employed. We have in our group some very talented statisticians and ex-military that I think could come up with some better battle plans than whoever is leading in the NC coalition.
              Just from my point of view I thought they spread their forces too thin. Just because we had the numbers to attack many bases at once I don't think it was a good thing to do. When we lost the tech plant I was glad!, because it transformed the forces that were spread out into a spearhead that crushed the resistance. I know this is backseat driving but I thought I would throw this out there for debate.
              I was not able to come on much for the operations, but I do agree with you. However, I will point out that no one runs the NCC. It's a joint committee of the heads of many different outfits where one outfit would say something like "This is [Outfit], we are going to attack this base, we would like some help." and another outfit would respond. Or in other cases, an outfit will say that they can take a base alone without any help.

It seems that the head of the outfits during that night went their separate ways to cover as much ground as possible. I know when I was there, CML was pushing hard against the VS trying to take their cap away while the TR were pushing on our border. So one of the larger outfits in the NCC went to combat the TR and ended up pushing all the way to the northern Warpgate, and while doing so, they took a major part of our manpower from the VS border.

Nevertheless it was a fun night, and as always I enjoyed fighting alongside TG.

Comment

What is the TS address and pswrd for the NCC coalition?
                sigpic

Comment

I will PM the info to you, E-Male.
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                    I will PM the info to you, E-Male.
                    (I knew you would!)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
                      Sounds like you guys had lots of fun after I left. :-( Thanks to Randy for getting this organized! There must be 10 voices in your head at all times with that many comms.
                      Actually, it is not too bad once you accept the fact that you will not be shooting your gun very much and that PL/CCing (especially at that level of troops, > 1 platoon) is a full time job. It becomes a different game, but one that is rewarding on a different level. More like chess, you now are moving your men around the board and trying to defeat the opponent through strategy, terrain, map control, etc. instead of your personal weapons. And when involved in NCC ops, you are actually planning on a continental level. But as I said to Al the other day, I have done it enough now that it is becoming second nature. And now that I don't have to make as much of a conscious effort to think about the comms and everything, I can focus on the tactics at hand and the objective.

One thing I do is to mute my squad level comms (I am sure to tell them I am doing this first, and so if they need to reach me do it through their SL over the platoon net).

The other is to set up a few settings which make my TS usage a lot easier. I have a hotkey set up to change tabs (servers) between TG and NCC in TeamSpeak. Now I can do it without having to tab out of game. Also, I have set up TS overlay, which tells me who is in my current channel (from which I can infer which server I am in) as well as highlighting who is talking.

Finally, but probably most importantly, proper comms procedures must be followed. Primarily our own SL/PLs waiting for ACK before sending their traffic. Because of the nature of NCC TS (many different Outfit heads in there at times) they just send their traffic, as how can you get an ACK from everyone in channel? Too many people in there some times. So they just say (for example) "COALITION COMMS, CML is moving to Mani Bio Lab." Most of the guys are running their own platoons, and understand to keep it short and sweet. But there are a couple in there who are a little more long winded. lol But luckily we enjoy great comms discipline within TG, so this alleviates a lot of the cross channel chaos.
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                        The other is to set up a few settings which make my TS usage a lot easier. I have a hotkey set up to change tabs (servers) between TG and NCC in TeamSpeak. Now I can do it without having to tab out of game. Also, I have set up TS overlay, which tells me who is in my current channel (from which I can infer which server I am in) as well as highlighting who is talking.
                        I was wondering about this. I'll work on setting this up in the next day or two. This fits in very nicely with my ongoing study of communication in virtual environments and strikes me as a highly unusual (rarely used) mode of communication even here at TG.

Real time cross community communication and coordination of action. Must have been around in WoW but I have never seen it used in a military FPS here at TG so far (have I overlooked some instances?)
                        sigpic

Comment

My TS Overlay Beta TSO-BETA-2-Win32-Build63.exe

crashes PS2.

What TSO are you using?
                          sigpic

Comment

crashes PS2.

What TSO are you using?

EDIT:

ALSO, what channel do you default to when in TG TS AND switching back and forth to NCC TS -- the COMPANY COMMAND channel?

I need to have the same default channel as you.

BTW, I have joined the NCC forums as suggested and will begin making use of the NCC TS channel immediately.

I'll report in on my experience of it after a few days.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post

crashes PS2.

What TSO are you using?

EDIT:

ALSO, what channel do you default to when in TG TS AND switching back and forth to NCC TS -- the COMPANY COMMAND channel?

I need to have the same default channel as you.
                              I am using:

TeamSpeak version 3.1.10.1, Qt Version 4.8.3
                              TeamSpeak 3 Overlay plugin version 3.7.19

I just installed this a couple weeks ago, so these are pretty recent versions. I am also on a pretty new computer (built just before I started playing PS2) which is running Win 7 x64. I was leery as I had read a lot of issues with TS overlay. But I think those reports are out of date as the latest versions I have installed have been working with no problems whatsoever. Also, during my research I verified that SOE explicitly allows TS overlay, so no worries about being banned for modifications, etc.

I have my TeamSpeak set up so that when it opens, it automatically opens TG's server, and puts me into the regular PS2 channel. It then opens another tab with NCC. I also checked the setting to "always activate mic in current tab." That way, you can just set up a single hotkey to change tabs, and your mic will be made active upon changing tabs (servers). I use NumPad9 as my PTT for TS, and I use Alt-NumPad9 to change tabs/servers.

When we start running multiple platoons, I usually make the announcement for any interested parties to move down to the company command channel, and then we do so. I make the opposite announcement in company command after we have folded back down into one platoon, and then we all go back.

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                              BTW, I have joined the NCC forums as suggested and will begin making use of the NCC TS channel immediately.

I'll report in on my experience of it after a few days.
                              That is wonderful news. I really wish that more of our leadership would become more involved in the NCC, as it is the only way we can overcome multiple enemy platoonS. It seems as if at times the other factions do a much better job of working together than we do. NCC is working to change this, and we should be a part of that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X