Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] FnF " Cool Squad"

Hey Everyone,

This post is dedicated to those who were outside the two main platoons during Friday Night Fights.

I had just gotten online that night to see two full platoons for the event, we had some stragglers from the outfit so I decided to form our own squad. "This squad is for the cool kids coming in late, this is the cool squad."

The squad was active for only a few minutes before we filled up, we decided to shadow the movements of the other two platoons. The night started with an amazing kilometer Gal drop onto the Ascent and continued with an unstoppable force that was the remnants of TG. There wasn't a facility we couldn't take, an objective we couldn't secure, this was the best squad of individuals i have worked with on this game. We were tight, moved together quickly, and even tried a few off-hand strategies that worked perfectly with this crazy group of guys. I remember how quickly they would change class to adapt to enemy air, armor and infantry. how even tho we were outnumbered at times we succeeded, this was a dream team in this game.

Even tho we were efficient, we were laid back, telling jokes and still getting the job done. I couldnt have asked for a better group to work with and I hope to see you all again next Friday, "Because we're MEN, and thats what men do!"

TG members I recall: Having trouble with the others so help me fill in the gaps (I was drunk lol)
    RenVar
    AlukarX
    Gungas
    TheFadedProphet
    iSLANGPOUNDS
    AndTheMeltdowns
    PaperFish
    (WhatAboutSmee)

Non-members: (May have recently joined after the event)
    ChipJiggins
    DigTwoGrav3s

This was only 9 of the 12 members working as the "cool squad," I have to thank everyone who joined us that night, you guys made it all happen. If you remember anyone else who was with us that night feel free to post them on this thread and aslo give us your experience from Friday Night Fights with DAH COOL SQUAD. I look forward to seeing everyone again next Friday. Keep up the good fight, have a beer, and don't forget... were in the business of kicking-ass, and that night business was GOOD.

~Smee
    Last edited by WhatAboutSmee; 06-02-2013, 05:51 PM.

Re: FnF " Cool Squad"

Dont forget about me gungas :D

Comment

Yeah that was the best time I've had in game since beta! You guys had me laughing all night. I'm still surprised we worked so well considering all the jokes and a few of us being inebriated. Can't wait till the next FnF now, hope we can get the "Cool Squad" back together again.

Flyingbrick21 was there as well! :D

Comment

It was an absolute honor to have all of you guys to dominate with!! Excellent job!!

Comment

Gents, this is FadedProphet, I look forward to seeing you all on tonight for another gathering of the cool squad!

Comment

I have to say it seems we have something here.The fact we can all be drunk and have the fastest reaction times for an entire squad I have ever seen amazes me. I remember calling out a prowler at stillwater and within 30 seconds it was gone. I can not wait to get grouped up with you fine gentlemen again.

Also I'm looking forward to that video smee! I want a link when you get done.

Comment

Gungas`s battle report. Through the use of speed, precision and squad cohesion the Cool Squad is more then capable of striking deep into enemy territory and in most casing cutting enemy territory's in half and at times holding this new territory's with a single squad. We are COOL SQUAD!

Comment

The TR weren't to impressesd when our single squad held off multiple armor invasions. The well mannered and polite Cool Squad applied sneaky ninja skills to their daring attacks causing distress in the enemy ranks.

Comment

is the best squad i ever joined we are strong!!! cool squad ftw!

Comment

That night, and the following week, was an absolute blast! The rich blend of combat efficiency and tom-foolery really brings out the fun in this game. That's the big selling point for me: Having a place to hang out and shoot the sh#t with buddies is what I look for when gaming. Being in a group with no one talking is rather bleh -- might as well be playing a single-player game with AI. So, I'm happy to have stumbled upon this squad and this outfit, and look forward to future gaming with you all!

As the motto goes: "Suck it, Smee!" :D

Comment

And everyone forgets about the pennyman :'(, WhatAboutME! (forget Smee)! Anyway, that may have been the most interesting squad experience I've ever had playing ps2, and I've logged 250+ hours in. It was great on esamir, we held off a squad of armor and air for a impressive amount of time as infantry (Thanks to me of course of course). The cohesion and unity was astounding, we all worked together and response times were fast.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                      ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Second time writing this (first one got deleted?). Anyway, the "cool squad" was the most interesting squad experience I've ever had and I've logged 250+ hours in this game. The unity and cohesion was stellah!. Response times were quick, everyone worked together, and we were even able to hold off an entire squad of armor and air for a considerable amount of time as infantry (thank to me of course of course :D). While there was sometimes when it seemed like seven people were talking at once, coms were well maintained; a mix of casual and important in-game talk; it was good minus the occasional vulgarity. I hope to see the continuation of the cool squad and wish to be a regular member. Till next time, c ya!

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                        ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Sorry penandpencilman, looks like your first post was moderated for some reason.

On topic:

I've gotta admit, I was a little worried when I first saw reference to the 'Cool Squad" on the forums. I was honestly expecting that I'd have to come in here, full of fire and brimstone, and kick some butt.

Glad to see that I'm apparently wrong!

I'm also glad to see that you're using tactics, strategy, and precision squad work to achieve your objectives, socializing all the while. Sounds like a good change of pace from our more structured operations. Hell, I may even take part when I get the chance.

It's also good to see that the 'Cool Squad' is bringing in other tactically minded players to the TG Outfit. Welcome! For those of you new to Tactical Gamer, I strongly urge you to check out the Required Reading for all Tactical Gamer Members, especially the Tactical Gamer Primer. Remember, when you're wearing the [TG] tag, you are representing all of TG.

Lastly, in an effort to prevent a splintered community, I highly recommend our daily operations to those of you that found Tactical Gamer though the 'Cool Squad'. If/when you take part in any of our TactialGamer.com named squads, be sure to follow our Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).

Unfortunately, if the Outfit administration finds that the community does become splintered because of the 'Cool Squad', we will have no choice but to disallow it. So, make sure we all stay one happy, tactical family by joining our daily ops occasionally and contributing to the forum!

sigpic

Comment

To Mindkill,

This is the current lead for the cool squad, as stated in many of the comments above, we work closely with the other platoons and squads. If there is a hard job they need done or scouting requested, were the best squad to handle it and we do so quickly on most occasions.

I am always available and listening in on teamspeak to be aware of TG objectives, we shadow the groups with ease and sometime handle the unnoticed work. Randy has seen first hand how we excel at going deep into enemy territory and cutting off large portions of enemy owned areas even close to their warpgate. Our ideas are effective and still allows a loose "feel" to gameplay to those involved. This is in no way a detachment from TG itself, however, with many members having issues with main groups at times something like this may be needed as a "break" from working with the larger unit.

We have made it a priority to shadow the rest of TG on large operations, quietly taking down satellites and small outposts needed to distract the enemy or redirect their aggression on us. In most cases the larger element doesn't see our work and may think were separating ourselves and this is not the case. We enjoy this outfit, we will work with our outfit, if TG was a boxing arena we would be the fight club underneath it.

I hope this ends any observations that the cool squad has separated itself in any way and perhaps it sheds some light on our objectives. Like a dedicated armor or air squad people have run separately in the past, we are the infantry, sometimes drunk and always unstoppable. I take pride having found this group of characters, but they are what makes this squad work so well.

I have begun making a video dedicated to our shenanigans, I hope when it becomes available that you personally watch and see some of what this squad has done. Some people have mentioned us as a "Spec Ops" Squad, this I believe that is true because when the enemy sends their air or armor out of warpgate they will find us right there on the doorstep, we have destroyed so many enemy resources as a single squad and held bases most would have left. Call it stubborness or stupidity, but somehow it works and im happy to work with these guys on any job.

~Smee
                            Last edited by WhatAboutSmee; 06-09-2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

FnF " Cool Squad"

TO THE COOL SQUAD!!!

Another good night fighting guys, I thought about a few things to add to our arsenal of destruction and mayhem, to begin Urban Combat Training :D

-The order to "Stack Up" will refer to the tight movement of a group moving on a designated area (SquadWaypoint) of a nearby building, preferably a max with aegis shield will lead the way. The side of the doorway to line up on will be decided en route, stay close to the building and crouch, possible order is as follows:

Position 1-MAX Aegis

Position 2-Infiltrator Hunter Cloak, Anti-Infantry (Bouncing Betty/SMG) Upgraded Recon Detect Tool

Position 3-Heavy Assault Resist Shield/LMG Anti-Air Missile Launcher, Concussion Grenade

Position 4-Engineer Anti-Infantry Turret/Shotgun (Note:Moves behind MAX upon entering the building) Upgraded Repair Tool, Sticky Grenade

Position 5-Combat Medic Revive Grenades/Upgraded Medical Tool Close Quarters Assault Rifle

Position 6-Heavy Assualt Resist Shield/LMG Anti-Armor Missile Lancher, Concussion Grenade

This accounts for only six members of the squad so that this setup can be doubled with all 12 members, also maximizing versatility of the squad as a whole which seems to be a trait of this squad already. Each unit of 6 can enter small buildings independently or large buildings from different locations/entrances.

This military style of clearing buildings is called MOUT Training

Overall idea is that we 'stack up" on a doorway, the first Heavy Assault tosses his Concussion grenade in, MAX breaches the room shield up and goes to the center of the room. Infiltrator fires recon detect into the room then cloaks going in behind enemies deep in the room/building. Engineer stays behind max repairing, drops turret for suppressing fire on doorways. Both Heavy Assaults enter taking either the left or right side of the room clearing the corners. Combat Medic tosses revive grenade if needed, enters going center behind max and covering the doorway we entered. The second heavy Assault has a concussion grenade for extra rooms or for an escape.

If this works, we can move up to using smoke and IR/NV in the same way. Please post any thoughts, opinions, or strategies you want to try or discuss.

~Smee
                              Last edited by WhatAboutSmee; 06-10-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X