Max march video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max march video

hey guys I just finished putting together the video from tonights OP. For some strange (annoying) reason I can't embed videos on the forum.

here is the link so if someone could please do me the favor and embed the video so everyone can see it that would be awesome!!! MK: Done.

also please watch in HD =)

let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by Mindkill; 06-11-2013, 09:14 AM. Reason: Embedded video

Re: Max march video

Very cool! Love the Aegis and think its a great tool.

The only thing I have to complain about the aegis is that it no longer clips enemies.

Comment

For those that weren't there; we basically started doing a squad sized MAX aegis-shield-phalanx after our platoon got decimated by dsiconnects. It was fun so we ended up doing it with a whole platoon in the end.

It was a great night for me because we did not only enjoy it ourselves, and cap the continent, but our NC-teammates also enjoyed it, and even the enemy did as we could tell by the chatter in "/y".

I love it when people do stuff that makes everyone enjoy the game.
      Like Christmas in the trenches.

Thanks all for the patience!

@Ghostshooter. Man that video is great quality. I don't know how you did that so fast. Especially the sound design turned out pretty amazing. Listen to the sound e.g. when the platoon is going trough the teleport. It's like a Halo cutscene. Also there seems to be a nice tension arc going along with the music. "Parade, parade up the main road" was a nice touch for the end.

I'd say you have a talent for video editing.
      Last edited by BigGaayAl; 06-11-2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

yeah thats what I put. link

Comment

Thank you AL, the hard part was finding the right song =)

Comment

Great afternoon and great video!

This is why I always enjoy joining BigGaayAl's squads. He is very often doing something "different" like this, or defending the Ascent, or laying mines and booby traps, and other interesting things. He is usually on in the afternoons EST due to the time difference to Europe where he lives. I encourage people to look for his squads at those times if you are looking for a nice change of pace.

I am also glad ghostshooter was there to capture the video. It came out great, I agree with Al I think you have some talent there in editing video! Nice music also!

Yes for those who weren't there we were getting a lot of looks as well as positive comments from friend and foe alike. One enemy in the Bio Lab (a VS) typed in /yell "Were you the guys from the tower earlier?" to which I replied "Yes we were." He said "All we saw was some smoke and then emerging from the smoke a large mass of faint blue glow. We turned and ran in terror!" LOL He asked if we were going to post up a video, we told him the url of tacticalgamer.com so maybe he will find his way here. lol

Good times!
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That was awesome, and probably some of the most fun I've had in the game. We have to make that a regular thing. I say, any time we do a max crash, we do this. Besides being fun, it's a VERY good tactic.

One random note, some of us discovered that it even protects from damage from a vehicle trying to run you over.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostshooter101 View Post
                hey guys I just finished putting together the video from tonights OP. For some strange (annoying) reason I can't embed videos on the forum.

here is the link so if someone could please do me the favor and embed the video so everyone can see it that would be awesome!!! MK: Done.

also please watch in HD =)

let me know what you guys think!
                Ghost, what are your hardware specs? That is good video.

Comment

Awesome video! I suspect if you wanted to send that into SOE it may well turn up on the next Command Centre episode. It's exactly the sort of thing they show.

That looked really fun, although I logged in for the very last use of this on Amerish, which didn't go so well. The shields are so small they didn't really work out in the open; as an engineer I had to choose between sticking with my MAX and being blasted from above and all directions, or I could sprint to cover and leave the MAX behind. The proper phalanx looks more effective but you have to make sure all the shields are almost touching or I don't see the point.

Of course, in close quarters it's great for breaching. Personally, I love having those shields around when crossing those bridges between the buildings. Still no where near ZOE...

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Thanks guys for the great feedback, I really enjoyed making this video, and plan on making more with this style of editing for each type of role. Already got the max down. Also this could be a recruitment video

For those who are wondering what my PC specs are they are
                    evga gtx 670 ftw GPU
                    intel i7 3770k cpu
                    asus z77 sabertooth mobo
                    16 gb corsair vengence ram
                    250gb samsung 840 ssd

I posted it on the planetside 2 facebook page. Do you know how I can send it to SOE?

Comment

Damn, I'm sorry I missed participating in that! Looked fun.

Comment

For a first look at using the Aegis en mass I thought it was ok, but I'm wondering, can a platoon be cohesive enough to truly use it as a game changer?

IMHO so far I feel a bit underwhelmed by this new MAX asset, although I haven't had a great deal of time with it yet, I often find myself thinking that if I still had my charge instead I could have handled the situation better. It certainly strikes me as a tool that can only truly be effective with a group of them, but I feel with the right amount of practice and squad setup they could be very effective. But I feel it will take a lot of cohesion and some SOP's to boot.

NC MAX units have always been the king of indoor fighting and not really effective outdoors, I don't think this shield really changes that. However there is potential in this tool. For example, in the video clip when we warped into the Bio Lab, how awesome would it have been if the MAX's formed a line with their shields outside the teleporter room creating a corridor for the infantry to pass to the next building? When crossing the bridge towards the shield generator, how cool would it have been to see MAX's leapfrogging? I guess what I'm saying is that if we look at the PRO's and CON's of the asset maybe we can deduce some viable way of using it as a tool which fills a role.

PRO's:

Creates immunity front frontal damage (Very useful when reloading: you can start a reload and pull the shield up while the reload finishes)

CON's:

Unable to fire when the shield is up.
                        Slow movement speed when active.

when I look at these, it seems apparent to me that this is crying out for a dual layered assault, front layer of MAX's are the barrier, second layer either leapfrogs and becomes the front layer or is fire support. Also when the shield of the front layer gets depleted, the guy in front steps back and the guy behind steps forward and takes his place. During the night when the video was shot we was working with teams of 4X MAX+ENGI and 4 medics to round up the 12 man squad. Maybe we could develop a tactic whereby we have a squad of 12 with the following setup: 4X MAX+MAX+ENGI and offset the Medics to a seperate squad? My reasoning behind this is that the squad looses a lot of fire power only having 4 MAX's, and advancing as a single layer doesn't seem very effective because of the slow movement speed and the inability to fire whilst doing it, if you have any kind of distance to cross as a single layer your shield will be depleted and you will find yourself out in the open getting mowed down.

As I mentioned I feel it will take a lot of cohesion to make the Aegis something that is very effective, we can experiment with different setups and tactics but I think it will take quite a bit of practice to really nail it.

I don't see any other outfits really trying to make the Aegis shield into something effective, can we?
                        It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                        - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

I wish the aegis shield had a passive offensive ability like a stun or shield bash. I've had tons of enemy troops run up to me through my shield and just dance around me. Theres that almost 2 second delay to switch back to guns or preform a melee strike. I guess the balance will be that the shield becomes weaker after each stun or shield bash.

Comment

I've used the aegis shield max as a door if you will.........on tech plants that have shields on all but the 2 back doors, place a max with aegis shield up and you have a shielded door there to. Also once you cap a point in a out building placing a max at the door with shield up, in essence puts a door on the building. I believe that if the max crouches a person can shoot over him, I know that you can toss a grenade over him.........so let your imagination run wild. There is a psychological advantage to having a shielded max at a doorway.........it's unexpected, it's the unknown, it's huge.

I just wanted to address to one statement made.........Finestyle said "NC MAX units have always been the king of indoor fighting and not really effective outdoors". In the past I would have agreed with you my friend. But I'd put my 2 Raven max up against anything the enemy had (Maxes, Armor, Aircraft) in a toe to toe fight, and with a good engy at the ready can hold a platoon off a bridge and I have. Setup with 3 maxs with twin Ravens with a good support team and your ready to take on anything. The rate of fire, the mobility of the max, the somewhat awkward guidance, and the destructive power of the Raven makes the enemy come to a stop.

Comment

Holy cow thats awesome ..... I hate my new job ... It keeps me away from all the fun. Awesome vid for sure.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X