Stolen VidRec of a GOTR/DA/AT operation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Stolen VidRec of a GOTR/DA/AT operation

Its a daily cooperation of the three larger 'pro' OUTFITS. They all move as one large force! They have large participation in teamwork Faction Wide Teamwork. (they still complain about other faction guns) There is probably more to learn but I just wanted to use this as a way to humanize them and show that they aren't doing superhuman feats.

This game is a team game and ultimately we are limited by how we work as a team. We can get our platoon/squad in gear but that is just one aspect of the machine and we must, daily, cooperate with other factions. When we and NC10 worked directly together a month back or so we had stellar successes.

Re: Stolen VidRec of a GOTR/DA/AT operation

Yeah, always been super impressed with the VS inter-outfit coordination. They consistently bring more people to the fight, and still manage to remain more organized and tactically aware than a zerg of that size would be. I'd love to coordinate with other outfits like that more often...

Comment

We have tried to coordinate with other teams within the NCC and have met with dismal failure on more than one occasion (Talk to Randy about this). Not to mention that even the NCC is divided by leadership to the point where if you take one side or the other then your automatically snubbed from the side you didn't chose. But that seems to be the way the NC works at large. How many times have we seen an alert and have a bigger pop only to find that half of the pop is sitting in the warpgate to get their participation bonus and not actually doing anything?

Which leads me to believe that in order to actually get anything done as a fraction that we 'might' have to form our own coalition. I'm a firm believer in the principle of A) Try it B) Work it C) Refine it D) Redefine it if nothing else seems to work.

In my opinion TG has under gone a 'visionary' change in the recent months and we are becoming adapt at turning the tide of battle, other outfits have witnessed this change and are beginning to ask for our help more often, we need to foster an atmosphere where it is easier for them to ask and in turn know that the help we bring also brings requests for their commitment as well. Maybe by not choosing a NCC side we can be the glue that brings the 2 sides together.

Comment

I agree.

However for TG to form its own coalition it needs to actively seek to form it. I've, on some few occasions, have individually cooperated with one specific outfit. The NCC represents horizontal organizational structure (in many ways TG as an outfit in game operates on this level as well). However, when you have sweeping horizontal structure and little to no vertical structure you end up with a hodgepodge of opinions, goals, and methods. The purpose of the NCC's horizontal structure is to prevent some reasonable malignancies: mainly dysfunction from competing Outfit Egos.

Ultimately you can't avoid ego (I say this as a biased very egotistical and opinionated person/PL/SL) and you should embrace healthy levels of it. Leaders have to have ego otherwise you are asking a person to convince 12-48 people to follow the orders of someone who questions themselves openly and publicly. It only is a problem when that ego gets in the way of following orders of a superior. Here, without some form of vertical management/consolidation of the NCC, ego runs rampant and can't be checked or balanced. People routinely butt heads if its perceived that one group isn't helping enough for goal XYZ.

The comms situation is also so out of place that we can have an entire continent full of NCC member outfits doing two separate 'campaigns' yet their traffic conflicts with one another. Even more so a problem is that there is no regulation of cooperation or strategies. Its come as you will. When the larger Outfits have whole websites devoted to disseminating basic strategic concepts amongst their thousand members how can the NCC expect to compete with a collection of a handful of 24-48 player tribes with no direct coordination between them.

I fear that the NCC has fallen into dysfunction/poor use because of no sense of unification. We each have different opinions on objectives and the game and how to play it and how we go about it.

Which leads me to believe that in order to actually get anything done as a fraction that we 'might' have to form our own coalition.
        Was this intentional? If so; I see what you did there!! Clever.
        If not; lie to me and tell me you did. That word play made my day.

But seriously I think there is a reason the Allies had a Joint Force Commander. I also have a firm belief that when we directly worked with the NC10 using their teamspeak we had some of the best teamwork on a factional level that I had ever seen.

Comment

I did type 'fraction' and not faction, because it is the fractions that make the whole............yup it was intentional.

Comment

We've had some success working with NC10, AACE, and CML. Maybe more joint outfit ops are a good first step...

Comment

Last night I tried to cooperate with the NCC. Both TAS and FGX were present. FGX showed no willingness to cooperate and on at least one occasion left the channel because of 'disruptive comms'. On the other hand TAS was incredibly helpful and willing to help (in fact it was our cooperation together that lead to FGX leaving the channel).

I'd argue that we should seek friendships with other Outfits over just merely haphazardly participating with the NCC. However, as TG is ran rather loosely it ultimately is the realm of the TG Platoon Leader to organize such things and as such we can't expect cooperation without our general players willing to make those connections first, with or without Outfit Administration oversight.

Comment

TAS is another good outfit. Never heard of FGX though...

Comment

Overpopulation complaints aside the VS are a good group of warfighters. The attention to tactics and strategy many of their outfit members show is something to be respected (even if their Lasher is an unfair beast of tears). A little perusing has let me find the war college of the VS outfit The Vindicators (V):

https://sites.google.com/site/planetsidetactics/

Go take a look and lets see if we can't adopt some practices.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X