Performance review request - Mistercris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance review request - Mistercris

I have been doing Platoon leading here and there. If I am to continue, I would like to know how i am doing, or if i should really be leading a platoon sometimes.
    I really dont mind anything negative, it will just allow me to know where I must improve.
    Thanks

Re: Performance review request - Mistercris

How bout you set up a platoon event coming up and we can give you our feedback to that specific event?

Comment

Cris I have always appreciated your style and approach to PL'ing. The only suggestion I would have is to not do what I have heard others do.
      They include:

1) Re-deploy to the warpgate when the next obj is a short drive away. You can usually add 5 minutes to the pursuit of the obj by going to the warpgate at which time the conditions have changed.
      2) Give instructions on an obj, then change that obj several times before settling on the 'real' obj. As Pl you should always 'be in the map' and know the next obj without doubt.
      3) Give clear and concise obj per squad and let the SL's figure out how to take it (don't micro-manage)
      4) Learn the abilities of your SL's and know their strengths and weakness and let them do what they do best...........that means actually fighting with them side by side and being in their squads before trying to lead them. Otherwise you have top down management which works in business but doesn't work on the battlefield.

As to should you being PL'ing.........absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageq3a View Post
        Cris I have always appreciated your style and approach to PL'ing. The only suggestion I would have is to not do what I have heard others do.
        They include:

2) Give instructions on an obj, then change that obj several times before settling on the 'real' obj. As Pl you should always 'be in the map' and know the next obj without doubt.
        A really fun thing to try if you have a tablet/laptop/netbook is to have PS2 Maps.com opened while PLing. This way you can switch between both Large Strategic Awareness and Immediate Awareness quickly!

3) Give clear and concise obj per squad and let the SL's figure out how to take it (don't micro-manage)
        4) Learn the abilities of your SL's and know their strengths and weakness and let them do what they do best...........that means actually fighting with them side by side and being in their squads before trying to lead them. Otherwise you have top down management which works in business but doesn't work on the battlefield.

As to should you being PL'ing.........absolutely.
        Great advice! I would love some consolidation or compartmentalization in the TG outfit. Think IHS like. So we'd have a specialty leader who focuses on Armor but can do infantry (just not air vehicles), then we'd have an Airborne leader, a QRF Harrasser/Mechanized/Motorized Infantry leader, so on and so forth.

As a PL I'd have to ask what your opinion on SLs requesting roles or PLs assigning roles, chris.

On one hand as a ground focused PL I abhore getting asked if someone can do an air squad. This is simply my personal opinion but I just feel that the desires/demands a ground force has do not gel well with Air Assets. Otherwise I love when people ask to be armor specific or Mechanized Infantry or something else assuming that its a role not already taken and otherwise needed.

Comment

PS2 Maps.com

How did I not know about this???? It is so much better than the ingame map. Actually shows capture points without being in the base!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X