Aug 23 /2013 Friday Night Fights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Aug 23 /2013 Friday Night Fights

This will be a rather short AAR strictly because I am a pecker. Yes a Pecker.........typist you dirty minded buggers :-)

The night started out well with the NCC having a huge turnout and many Outfits participating in the Amerish alert. We managed to have all three Cont. locked last by the NC by the end of the alert.. It has been a long while since that had happened.

After the alert I feel we suffered from NC overabundance. Usually in the past we have no problems filling a Platoon with Pubbies. Last night we couldn't beg, borrow, or steal Blueberries to fill out our ranks. I think there were too many well known Outfits running that people join by habit before trying us.

The problem with this was we couldn't get enough boots on the ground to be an effective infantry force against the larger Outfits that were running. Running Harassers/armour and an Air squad meant we were left with only two infantry squads. On a typical night this probably would have been fine but we participated in a BioLab alert that in most cases is an Infantry specific task. I must apologize on behalf of SOE for making our FNF a BioLab grind fest :-) Trying to take one and failing is bad enough, But trying to take the two or three that we did and failing is a hard pill to swallow!!

I would like to have another go at this maybe not on a Friday night and see if we can swell our numbers a lot faster. Maybe get some of our UK brothers to open up our Platoons earlier and start things rolling before Primetime in North America.

After last night I am revising my Squad layout to be more Infantry specific.

1rst Platoon- Infantry only.
    2nd- Platoon- Armour/ Harassers/ Air/ Infiltrators

With all that said I will volunteer to lead a multi Platoon op again....Hopefully it will actually get to multi Platoons next time :-)

Thought Todd
    sigpic

Re: Aug 23 /2013 Friday Night Fights

For when I was on it was going very well and I would definitely join again. The platoon started dying out after you and Daddy left last night with a lot of TG members heading off to bed or having issues with Indar. I only ran the Platoon until 1230pm EST and handed it off to Randy. We did some defensive work but ended up folding the two infantry into one and unfortunately it was not very effective due to lack of TG members in infantry squad. Everyone else seemed to be doing well. All in all a very good night! next time I'll try to be on for more of it.

Comment

Alpha Lead here.

First let me thank alpha squad, we didn't get many non-TG members but that meant that our squad was very quick at responding to orders, which in turn made it very easy on me. I don't generally prefer to squad lead, but sometimes it really is a pleasure. Because of our coordination, we were the first squad into most objectives. Alpha leads the way!

Alpha stayed 12/12 for most of my time with them, we probably could have done with having 2-4 members peeled off to bolster other squads whenever we got full up. Blueberries like to join near-full squads.

As far as the night went strategically, that was a good quick cap of Amerish to give us the 3-continent lock. Shame the alert was a single-continent biolab capture. With the VS population over 50%, and all that population concentrated in two biolabs, (they held almost no territory besides) the only thing that could have given us a fighting chance would have been for the NC and TR to gang up and hit one biolab each with everything they had. I think the retreat from the second biolab could have been called earlier, but overall we made the best of a bad situation. Once the TR decided they were too weak to face the VS and came after the NC's biolab, (pointless, as holding one biolab gets them nothing when the VS hold two) it was all over.

Additional observations, and feedback on squad leadership would be appreciated.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
        This will be a rather short AAR strictly because I am a pecker. Yes a Pecker.........typist you dirty minded buggers :-)

The night started out well with the NCC having a huge turnout and many Outfits participating in the Amerish alert. We managed to have all three Cont. locked last by the NC by the end of the alert.. It has been a long while since that had happened.

After the alert I feel we suffered from NC overabundance. Usually in the past we have no problems filling a Platoon with Pubbies. Last night we couldn't beg, borrow, or steal Blueberries to fill out our ranks. I think there were too many well known Outfits running that people join by habit before trying us.

The problem with this was we couldn't get enough boots on the ground to be an effective infantry force against the larger Outfits that were running. Running Harassers/armour and an Air squad meant we were left with only two infantry squads. On a typical night this probably would have been fine but we participated in a BioLab alert that in most cases is an Infantry specific task. I must apologize on behalf of SOE for making our FNF a BioLab grind fest :-) Trying to take one and failing is bad enough, But trying to take the two or three that we did and failing is a hard pill to swallow!!

I would like to have another go at this maybe not on a Friday night and see if we can swell our numbers a lot faster. Maybe get some of our UK brothers to open up our Platoons earlier and start things rolling before Primetime in North America.

After last night I am revising my Squad layout to be more Infantry specific.

1rst Platoon- Infantry only.
        2nd- Platoon- Armour/ Harassers/ Air/ Infiltrators

With all that said I will volunteer to lead a multi Platoon op again....Hopefully it will actually get to multi Platoons next time :-)

Thought Todd
        Speaking of not enough infrantry, is it possible to have the whole platoon roll up to the objective in armor, clear out the surrounding area of hard targets, then ditch the armor and go into the base and cap it? (an air squad/couple harrassers can cover the unmanned armor). Just an idea I had rollin' around in my head. Sorry I couldn't participate in the FNF, sleep overtook me pretty much.

Comment

As I understand it, that's a lot like how the Enclave used to roll. They would primarily run infantry platoons, but on occasion would just have EVERYONE pull armour or mosquitoes to provide an overwhelming armour/air zerg that would establish dominance, and then transition back to infantry. Worked well for them, but they always had overwhelming numbers.

I'm sorry I couldn't be there for that first alert, sounds like it was a blast! For my part, the air squad was a lot of fun. Lots of tight comms and coordination that had us covering each other's backs and focusing down priority targets. More than once an enemy scythe would swing by and then disappear into a cloud of fire and debris before he could even register that he was under attack. The best fight was at Andvari Bio Lab, where we got into a massive twisting battle with a full squad of enemy Scythes and came out on top because of responsive comms, watching each other's back, and Randy plowing through the sky with his big armoured house. :)

Wish we could've done more about those multi-galaxy drops, but we didn't have enough players nor enough heavy artillery to really dent them before they could get close. :(

Comment

Yeah, had a blast with a great air squad who were working very well together and effective most of the night.

As far as numbers go, funny thing was I had the platoon into late night and it started swelling to full as all of the other Outfits called it a night. So perhaps there is something to your theory Todd.
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I had a grand time. It was the first time, for me, seeing a NC triple-lock. A good time gunning for Randy. The air squad had some pretty great moments!

Comment

Thanks for organising this Todd. People should know I hate alerts anyway, so I'm not surprised it panned out the way it did.

Things weren't so bad in the Air squad though, as we had our own fights going on and gradually got more effective. I still hope to see more people stepping up to lead Air squads and those that have to be more confident. I want to see multiple, smaller air squads each focused on their role instead of one generalised squad. It's too loose in load out and comms, as well as harder to keep everyone together.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X