Proctologist is a word; AAR 12/2/2013 Esamir Alert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proctologist is a word; AAR 12/2/2013 Esamir Alert

Thanks to Randy as always for leading a Platoon and having outstanding patience with the proles (blueberries) :P.

Switching from Amerish to Esamir at the start of the alert, the NC started and ended badly in the alert. This was due to a problem that is plaguing NC; unison and cohesion AMONG other outfits. We simply did not have enough numbers and too many outfits, oblivious or not possessing Commands Coms, operating on Indar attacking Allatum biolab, Crown etc...

At the start:

With the TR at our warpgate and the Vanu pressing from the east, we rolled in armor straight north and successfully bludgeoned the TR to death with a hailstorm of tank rounds. However, we were soon reduced to infantry at a sudden and powerful TR retaliation. We engaged for a while but saw Eisa falling in the middle of the map so went to successfully defend it. We foot zerged to the west to capture the remaining outposts. I believe we successfully captured one but the BWC was quickly upon us.

By this time the TR were once again at our warpgate and we were engaged with them for the rest of the alert. At this point we tried something different; a whole platoon of Libs. It was great fun while it lasted circling counter clockwise raining daltons, zephers, and of course shredders upon Sunderers, tanks, and Maxes. We quickly fell apart however to Mosquitoes, Skyguards, and AA turrets. Once again we were back at ground zero with infantry.

We were quickly growing in numbers and soon grew into two platoons, one by Randy and one by Bolivian.

I forget who, but someone suggested pulling Sunderers. This was put into effect.....and almost all of us pulled sundies. This led to some good laughs as we stormed the TR with a few dozens sunderers. Our sunderers pushed up to Jaegers Crossing and we remained in that battle until the last minute of the alert. This was an enormous grind and I wished I recorded it as there were some great moments. We never were able to bring the timer to eight minutes our side; the TR defended well. When the Alert Timer fell to one minute we made a last attempt to stop the Vanu from capping the Octagon but fell short. We ended losing the alert with I believe 18% territory.

Feedback for Randy:

I'd like to offer some feedback Randy as he preformed excellently. He put up with a lot of newbies, including those within our outfit; showing them how to do things. We did have a problem with a certain non-TG member flagging coms but was quickly kicked into oblivion so many times that the person left for good.

For the most part I believe your Tactics were solid Randy; however, I believe, from a squad lead perspective, we stayed at Jaeger's Crossing for a bit too long. This is largely my fault, but my squad was getting tired of the grind and dying upon spawn. I think we were better off pushing the 1-12 Vanu enemy territories to the East; even with our absence the pop. at Jeager's would still remain, for the most part, even as at the time our pop was 67% to 33% aprox in our favor. .

My thoughts on leading tonight: I believe I did...o.k. I believe at the start I had a full squad of 2 new TG members and 8-10 non-TG members under BR 40. It was somewhat difficult to herd them around but as people left and new ones came I got a squad that went around well. My performance teetered out at the end as I became one with the grind and got a significant number of kills. My whole squad at the end was running around Jaeger's getting kills; I don't blame them I wasn't giving them anything to do. If anyone in the squad or platoon has anything to add about my performance I would gladly hear it.

Feel free to discuss below:

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Re: Proctologist is a word; AAR 12/2/2013 Esamir Alert

Nice write up. Even with the loss of the alert you make it sound fun.

A platoon of Sunderers? Dear god, imagine them all having repair.

I'm surprised you got to two platoons. SLs and PLs, remember to keep lots of TG in each squad.

Did you propose moving away from Jeager's in-game, Penny?

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

No I did not bring it up at the time; however, after the alert we had a discussion about it with the PL an SL's along with a non TG member

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
      ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

I mention it because none of us are omniscient; I find that when all the squad leaders and the platoon leader combine their ideas, with only one decision maker, we're at our most effective and it's less taxing. PLs are also very reliant on SL estimates of success / loss, situation reports etc. directly to make their own decisions, whether you propose the next move or not.

Passing things up the chain is just as vital as passing them down. TG encourages this, as long as it's all above board and the PL makes the final decision. Also, getting the leaders in teamspeak helps for longer talks or more contentious choices.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X