Quartz Ridge Camp Air Drop Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartz Ridge Camp Air Drop Video

I didn't know Shadowplay is always recording my mic so sorry if you here weird stuff its not a random pop up. I've fixed that.

Enjoy and watch in HD =)

Re: Quartz Ridge Camp Air Drop Video

I guess this further reinforces my Ideaogy that having flak armor on medics and engis and (in heavy close quarters fighting) MAXs during massive fights like this is super important.
    Just the shear amount of bodies on the floor as a result of either grenades or rockets was amazing.
    I'm pretty sure this would only multiply once the nanoweave and flak armor reworks are brought, So that nanoweave only blocks small arms and flak armor (on infantry) blocks direct hits from rockets.

Oh and a tip for anyone who rolls a max in these fights, use your aegis any time you see a grenade or heavy who has pulled his rocket. you have the ability to block splash damage saving a lot of collective damage to other units and a huge portion of your health (around 50-70% depending on the rocket launcher)

Edit: I also noticed that the squad was very nearly wiped out on the inital drop due to crowding and explosives and infantry that had surrounded the Drop zone. Mabye it might be safer to immediately control the drop zone(clear out any stragglers outside the intended target) then wipe out the inside defenders.

Comment

I was the squad leader and medic during this. Once the squad pushed the point I held back towards the north on the outside of the building watching the flanks and my beacon. We had a number of medics holding back waiting for the right time to toss revive grenades. This went very smoothly. Once the point was capped and the platoon pushed south towards their spawn room. I was not worried at all of any counter attack. Our drop on C, because of its proximity to their spawn, took pressure off of the vehicle Gen. This enabled our team to bring the gen down and overrun the base.

We actually started this battle on foot from the south trying to take the vehicle gen. We were able to get into it a number of times with about 1 and 1/2 squads but were always outnumbered. We were wiped countless times before Randy called out this C point gal drop that sealed the deal.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Yeah that was an awesome assault (if I do say so myself, hehe) but I just call the shots, very well executed by you guys which is the difference in our PS2 Outfit now from maybe say a year ago. It's the little details, Medics hanging back a bit, each individual doing their role and playing smart, within the overall framework of teamwork and discipline. phaelah (eD_ru$h here on the forums for the uninitiated, see post above mine) who was squad leading (Bravo?) at the time also made an excellent call in prox to move out of the LZ and spread out and push south toward their spawn that may have saved us from getting wiped out. A good example of give and take between SLs and PL and when it is appropriate to do so (esp. in prox).

Yeah, prior to this we had made a few infantry pushes toward the vehicle shield gen and been wiped out. Point I want to make here is, some times "persistence is omnipotent" but some times you need to consider another strategy, flank, or direction of attack instead of banging your head against the same wall repeatedly.

But yeah, glad you captured that ghost, great material for posting into an AAR and hope everyone learns something from this. Well done all!

@Zep,

I always equip Flak Armor on my Max before a Bio Lab battle, as the missile spam in Bio Labs is usually ridiculous.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Zepkron View Post
          I guess this further reinforces my Ideaogy that having flak armor on medics and engis and (in heavy close quarters fighting) MAXs during massive fights like this is super important.
          Just the shear amount of bodies on the floor as a result of either grenades or rockets was amazing.
          I'm pretty sure this would only multiply once the nanoweave and flak armor reworks are brought, So that nanoweave only blocks small arms and flak armor (on infantry) blocks direct hits from rockets.

Oh and a tip for anyone who rolls a max in these fights, use your aegis any time you see a grenade or heavy who has pulled his rocket. you have the ability to block splash damage saving a lot of collective damage to other units and a huge portion of your health (around 50-70% depending on the rocket launcher)

Edit: I also noticed that the squad was very nearly wiped out on the inital drop due to crowding and explosives and infantry that had surrounded the Drop zone. Maybe it might be safer to immediately control the drop zone(clear out any stragglers outside the intended target) then wipe out the inside defenders.
          Nanoweave won't be blocking head shot damage anymore either.

Good suggestion on Medics and Engineers, they should be at the back so they don't end up in too many gunfights. In fact, they should make a point of staying behind cover, letting others go first or even hiding behind friendlies so they die first (sounds mean, but support classes should). On the other hand, I'm almost always carrying extra revive grenades instead of armor.

I don't play MAXs so I know this is a limited opinion, though I can still see what often kills MAXs. It seems to me that as the role of tank it is highly important you mitigate a weakness against explosives. It's no use being tankier against gunfire if you still die quickly to common tactics and leave your squad in a bad situation for a few moments. If you've got Aegis, you can then boost the survivability in both areas anyway.

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
          Yeah that was an awesome assault (if I do say so myself, hehe) but I just call the shots, very well executed by you guys which is the difference in our PS2 Outfit now from maybe say a year ago. It's the little details, Medics hanging back a bit, each individual doing their role and playing smart, within the overall framework of teamwork and discipline. phaelah (eD_ru$h here on the forums for the uninitiated, see post above mine) who was squad leading (Bravo?) at the time also made an excellent call in prox to move out of the LZ and spread out and push south toward their spawn that may have saved us from getting wiped out. A good example of give and take between SLs and PL and when it is appropriate to do so (esp. in prox).

Yeah, prior to this we had made a few infantry pushes toward the vehicle shield gen and been wiped out. Point I want to make here is, some times "persistence is omnipotent" but some times you need to consider another strategy, flank, or direction of attack instead of banging your head against the same wall repeatedly.

But yeah, glad you captured that ghost, great material for posting into an AAR and hope everyone learns something from this. Well done all!

@Zep,

I always equip Flak Armor on my Max before a Bio Lab battle, as the missile spam in Bio Labs is usually ridiculous.
          Well said.

Personally, I'm always looking for another tactic which is why I change things up so often. Actually, I'm probably too inclined to avoid slogging it out as I feel it's my fault if we lose. So I often ask my SMs what they think "Can we continue as we are, will we win?" and may or may not point out my alternative depending on how quick it is to explain.

As SL I alternate between leading the charge and then sitting at the back staying alive whenever we stop, so this means SMs are often in a better place to see how many enemies are dying etc. (I also sometimes ask "are we effective here? Are we getting sufficient kills or do we need another vantage point?" particularly for armor, but also holding hills, rooftops etc.). Another example of give and take for leadership.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

This reminds me a lot of the drop that Bravo Squad and my Alpha Squad did last night during Friday Night Fights. Our max attempt held out but was eventually wiped by a counter-MAX crash. Still, we gained enough foothold after several failed non-max attacks and were able to hold out and take the facility. That was certainly a fun battle. I also think I'm gonna start running FRAPS while I'm playing with squad.

Comment

Further discussion of this video and AAR broke out in the following thread on the subject of What is a "Good Gal Drop?" as the discussion turned to "why Gal drops fail."

I added a few more details (and a graphic) to the AAR discussed in this post, as I used it as an example in post #10 of that other thread.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X