Vanguard Harassment training video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanguard Harassment training video

The following video shows Zepkron(Driver) using my vanguard (which is not as fancy as his) and I was in number two seat.

Vanguard loadout:

Titan 150-AP
    1.75 Zoom
    Reload Speed 3
    Ammo lvl 4

Enforcer ML85
    1.5 zoom
    Ammo lvl 3

Nanite Auto Repair 4
    Racer High Speed chassis 3
    Vanguard shield 2

In this 12 min engagement at Hivar Tech Plant we battled a force of enemy armor and infantry that would normally require a squad. Keeping that in mind we used every advantage we could find. We used the hilly terrain and trees as cover and to plan our attacks and retreats to the ammo tower for repairs and ammo. Which was done twice. Even using the cover of darkness to our advantage against the VS since most of the time we would surprise them. There were't many friendly armor near our position which we could rely on for support.

In the video you see that I would also do a quit 360 perimeter check even when we were engaging enemy since it would be easy for a LA to sneak their way to us. Reloading as often as I could. Even though Shadowplay doesnt record my mic, I was calling out targets by saying what it is and what direction.

Using all this we were able to Kill two sundies and damage 3. We took out 3 lightenings. Killed 5 magriders and damaged 1. Had we not been allowed to pull the vanguard that enemy armor would of made a difference in that battle. So thank you randy for allowing us to do what we do best =)

The vanguard is a great weapon in the right hands. It is something we would like to show and teach others how be great Vanguard pilots.

Zepkron or anyone else, if im missing anything or would like to add please do.

As always hope you guys enjoy and watch in HD =)

Re: Vanguard Harassment training video

Lol should have recorded our battle last night I killed something like 20 infantry with the number two on your MBT in one tower.

Comment

I did, i'm always recording =)

Comment

I really enjoyed watching that video (I enjoy watching all your videos, they are great and keep them coming btw) even though I am not a huge tank guy personally. Which leads me to my second point.

I am a big believer in letting people do what they like to do, most of the time. I find that people who fill certain roles have usually certed into and played that role enough to be competent in it, and thereby ultimately they help the team. I am pretty casual during non ops / non alert times, especially in the afternoons and late evenings. It's only during ops times (and alerts, which raise my competitive nature and turn into a mini 1-2 hour ops time) that I get more serious insofar as directing the squads / platoon as you guys are like my orchestra, I need you all on the same sheet of music to carry out my carefully crafted master plan. :)

But the in between times I think are best for training, doing whatever we want really, just playing together, chatting a bit more, which all builds competency, espirit de corps, friendships, and cohesion, which we then call upon in the next alert / more serious op. That is one thing I am very happy with about our community and in game play, we are all very open to supporting one another's tactics and crazy ideas and trying them out. Doing different things keeps the game interesting and different and acts as a learning tool, training us to be able to carry out many different tactics and strategies as an outfit. I think that makes for a nice balance between serious and social and let's everybody do what they like some times. Also the ebb and flow between alerts/ops and in between times I feel creates a nice tension/dramatic arc. Well, that's how I see it anyway.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Certifications in a role are crucial in helping your own ability and as such factors into the amount of success seen. It was mentioned at some time in the video that the last level of Nanite Auto Repair was a significant difference by the pilot. A flexible SL doesn't mean let everyone do what they want, but it does mean that you should let people do what they do best if it will help.

I'm very interested in Armor, as many people know, and want to find the best way at teaching the important aspects of armored combat. This video has some spectacular moments and shows exactly what one tank can do in the right situation. You both were punching well above your weight class in that fight.

Comment

What do you use to record? I just moved 550 gigs of footage to my external. I'm looking for a better way to record.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              What do you use to record? I just moved 550 gigs of footage to my external. I'm looking for a better way to record.

I use the new software from Nividia called Shadowplay. I think you have to have a Nividia graphics card for it.

Comment

I do. How does it record?

Comment

t has to be a GTX 650 or higher. And if it is, get the new driver updates and it should tell you how to.
                  Questions about those who deserve it!
                  "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

do you also have geforce experience?

Comment

Awesome video, very informative. I haven't put many certs into my heavy tank, I'll have to start working on that, probably chassis first, I'm too used to the more nimble lightning. My lightning is halfway respectable, I have taken out a few Magriders with the armor-piercing gun by sneaking in from behind and then circling (or driving under them, which is always amusing). It just won't take much of a beating, which makes it sub-par in bigger engagements.
                      MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

It's definitely worth it to have certs invested into the Lightning as well. It's fallen out of favor since the Harasser came in but with the new Harasser nerfs coming up, she'll be back on top before long.
                        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

In most cases I still use my lightning before my harasser. And I tend to only pull my MBT if requested too. But I have certs in all 3.

Comment

If I were to describe tanks by analogy I'd consider the Lightning as a Sherman Tank and all other MBTs as the more competent Panzer Tank. The only way a Lightning beats an MBT is if the MBT is undermanned, flanked, or out gunned. This is not to deride the Lightning, I am a big fan of it, but by and large the power you get inside an MBT is spectacular. Especially with a good top gun.

My biggest gripe against the Lightning, and this does actually carry onto the Harasser, is that it's default armament is not sufficient for serious AV roles. Anyone who enjoys tanking should seriously look to invest into the vehicle packs. Those are some good deals.

Finally, I think I have to suggest to everyone and anyone that the Racer Chasis on the Vanguard is a great upgrade. The acceleration and top speed boosts are critical in most combat situations. I invested in level 1 Rival but find that I much prefer Racer.

And one more question: Do you feel that Reload Speed is worth it? The maximum level is a significant number but the first two levels seem insignificant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                              Do you feel that Reload Speed is worth it? The maximum level is a significant number but the first two levels seem insignificant.
                              For MBT primaries, Absolutely!
                              Although you may not feel it at first but the reload speed difference really starts to add up as more rounds go out.
                              I have only one more level than Ghost on my vanguard (-.1 sec) and I didn't feel the difference at first but after firing a around five rounds (total of .5 second difference) I really started feeling like things were moving a bit slow.
                              This is probably my only justification for getting lvl 5 reload. It helps offset those who have only certed to levels 1-3
                              It goes from a: .3-.1 second difference -> .4-.2 second difference which tends to multiply a bit better.

Also, When it comes to lightnings. I've always found they are very good pack vehicles and I really wish Ghost or someone else an AP lighting like me so we could role around and use those every now and then. (2 AP lightnings working together > 1 MBT with gunner)
                              Last edited by Zepkron; 12-15-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X