Armor Pincer Maneuver live exercise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor Pincer Maneuver live exercise

Today I lead a 2 squad platoon of just armor behind enemy lines for the first time on Esamir. Even though we had alot of great battles the highlight was when I used both squads to execute a pincer maneuver on a squad of VS that was being reinforced. I used Alpha which had the more experienced and certed armor, take the role of engaging the enemy and keeping them occupied while I had bravo flank around to the enemy's rear. Once bravo was in position I gave the word for alpha to move in for the kill. We took little losses that were quickly replaced.

Thank you everyone that joined the platoon. I try to make it as fun as I can since armor gets the bad rep of being boring. Even Randy who normally doesn't run armor had fun. Throughout the OP I kept both squads engaged in target rich environments so everyone had a chance to shoot at something. I would also move the platoon to different locations throughout Esamir fighting both factions.

For those that were there please let me know how your experience was. Also if there is anything you guys want to try out with armor just let me know.

The following video shows the Pincer Maneuver, Enjoy and please watch in HD =)

Re: Armor Pincer Maneuver live exercise

It's cool to get to see that from the other side.

I know I apologized for it at the time, but from this angle I'm shocked at how long we took. We probably could have rounded Nott Communication and been ready to open fire in half the time if I'd done it correctly. That was my first time properly leading an armor squad and I was too focused on keeping our assets together and didn't recognize precisely what the situation was. I never actually had eyes on that MAX nest and I was out of map range of them by the time I looked, so I never saw how large of a force it was. I'll do better next time.

I really liked the two squad format though, I think if we all get some more practice with it it'll rock really hard. I think I'd like to try using Bravo specifically as a maneuvering element, only letting people use Racer Vanguards or faster and focus on quick reactions to threats while Alpha holds down the fort. An entirely light armor squad would have advantages in being able to replenish losses behind enemy lines from hacked terminals, too, and could attempt slightly riskier maneuvers because of that.

Overall, I look forward to doing this again sometime!

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

Originally posted by Daelon Suzuka View Post
      . That was my first time properly leading an armor squad and I was too focused on keeping our assets together and didn't recognize precisely what the situation was. I never actually had eyes on that MAX nest and I was out of map range of them by the time I looked, so I never saw how large of a force it was. I'll do better next time.

Overall, I look forward to doing this again sometime!
      Well it is good practice. Simce you hadn't really done this before, it is easy to understand the way you feel, but dont worry! As you try to lead more armor squad (That is if you WANT to) you will get better.
      Questions about those who deserve it!
      "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

I agree with you ghost, a lot is lost out of the narrative because you are not capturing your own voice comms. Especially with you as PL, as you were directing the action. I know a fix and flank when I see one, but others watching this video may not, especially without hearing the PLs (your) orders. What do you think about adding in some voice dubbing of yourself, at least during the critical parts? Editing after the fact I mean. Or trying some other method to capture your comms, and then merge that into the produced video along with the footage and other comms from Shadowplay?

BTW, textbook fix and flank, that was awesome man.

Daelon, don't be so hard on yourself. It will come in time. We have been playing together for more than a year now as an outfit, and some of us have significant time in game (a few of us, unhealthily so, lol). I give you credit for stepping up and SLing. It makes all of this kind of fun possible. :)
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

what I'd like to see here is the 'fix' team using large amounts of Anti-attrition style load outs and tactics

Repair sundies are THEE most crucial assets, in this situation, as a result it should have:
          utility: proxy radar
          Weapons: 2 m12 kobalts or 1 bulldog/fury and a kobalt
          Chassis: doesn't matter but rival is probably best

The tanks should probably run with weapons that are better suited in dealing with entrenched infantry (weapons with high muzzle velocity or high splash)
          Main gun: AP (for versatility)
          Secondary: M12 kobalt, enforcer or halberd (due to a lack of an explosive AI gun on our tank)
          Defense: Auto repair
          Utility: Shield
          Chassis: Preferably Rival combat, seeing as you want to stay engaged with the enemy as long as possible without a full retreat.

Comment

I agree with the loadout zepkron, but in this situation we had to adapt with what we had which is mostly anti tank loadouts. Before, I had the 2 squads taking out targets trying to leave the amp station. Once I noticed the VS start reinforcing with infantry I moved the squad back and split the two for the pincer maneuver.

I never thought much about which chassis the sundie should have but rival would be the better option.

Comment

Great move!

I love to see stuff like this.
              SPEAK UP! and lets combat the fog of war together.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X