Performance Review 24/01/2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Performance Review 24/01/2014

Just looking for suggestions and critics of my Platoon leading last night for FNF.

I have to say the redeploy to Amerish Warpgate and into the galaxies, that took under a minute brought a tear to my eye!! That is what TG is all about. There was no cat herding, Comms were tight. I hope I wasn't talking too much in Platoon. Let me know.

Thanks for making my night fun as Platoon lead.

Todd
    sigpic

Re: Performance Review 24/01/2014

I'd ALSO like to solicit suggestions and critique, since I picked up the platoon after Todd left! Also, a big thanks to everyone who stuck around through the tech plant alert, you all did a fantastic job of keeping Eisa safe, and your efforts ensured that we could win the alert for the NC!

Todd, I wasn't there for your whole run, but it seemed pretty solid to me, and platoon comms seemed very reasonable!

Since you asked for critique: squad cohesion in Delta squad wasn't good. While this is largely the job of the SL, a warning sign would have been that there were almost no TG members in that squad and the SL was a fresh recruit. Especially when the SL is new to the job, I think it's important to ensure a decent mix of TG in their squads, so it might have been a good idea to transfer some outfit members from the first three squads which were all a solid majority TG!

Comment

Perhaps making SURE that our outfit members join the squads which are recently formed to create a backbone to assist the Squad lead with the members who join and aren't in TG. Other than that I saw that you were fine Todd. Of course we all make mistakes so it is nothing to really ridicule upon if you make a minor mistake like take too long to move, as that is something you just learn from.
      Questions about those who deserve it!
      "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

I joined Delta for a brief time during the FNF and honestly due to the lack of actionable orders and inability to hold the squad together I quit the squad and waited for an opening in a squad where I knew the SL. I usually check the BR rating of the SL shortly after joining a squad anyway. The Delta SL was a BR27, now I know that the BR doesn't give any indication to leadership ability, but it does give an indication of knowing the terrain, advantage points, focus points fire, base layouts, etc..... Which is also one of the reason that I have a problem with PLs trying to micro-manage squads, considering that if a PL is 'in the map' all the time as they should be, how can they possibly know what is going on ground level to be able to micro-manage. So in turn I don't think it's the PLs job to ensure that a squad is doing the assigned job, it's the SLs which is why it's called a 'chain of command'.

Anyway, I don't think that the actions of Delta squad were any indication of the PL leadership which overall I'd say was excellent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X