Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tacticalgamer Armor AAR (Ghostshooter POV)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacticalgamer Armor AAR (Ghostshooter POV)

After looking up armor squad videos on youtube, I realized that its rare to see organized armor squads that can match a TG squad or go toe to toe with one. We have created a monster that just destroys enemy armor. After doing some research I would see the same tactics, it wouldn't matter what faction or server. Stay in one location and see who can out shoot the other or who can bring more numbers. I rarely saw any flanking or any tactical formations. Maybe this is why we are so successful, we broke away from the traditional tactics and came up with a whole new gameplan. We prefer speed and powerful alpha strikes to end the battles over long stalemates. We would rather take the long way to get behind the enemy (if possible) instead of the traditional frontal assault. Even certing our vehicles has been looked into and discussed. There have been numerous occasions where we would change and win large battles in minutes that the blue berry force was losing. After fighting both TR and VS armor, its getting to the point where its just too easy. We steamroll over both factions in armor battles and it's not as fun anymore (this is a personal opinion).... Until either TR or VS step up their armor game I'm thinking about taking a break and get back to infantry combat, unless people want to run armor lol

So what do you guys think, have we created a monster or am I just over thinking it?

Re: Tacticalgamer Armor AAR (Ghostshooter POV)

I enjoy jumping in and gunning. Unless we run outa targets which seems to keep happening.....

Comment

If we've got such an advantage, I'd think we'd want to fine tune it, practise it, drill it, and even make it our calling card. Hopefully it's not so bad that you're running out of targets!

Besides, if you want the other guys to up their armour game, you've gotta force them to. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostshooter101 View Post
        Even certing our vehicles has been looked into and discussed.
        Where's this?

Edit: nm, found it.

PS. I think we have much room for improvement. It's not enough to beat the enemy. Dominate him to the point that he refuses to engage you.
        87% Combat Engineer

Comment

Only TG would say "we're killing them too much, let's hold back and give them a chance." :row__591:

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Heh.

In my mind, the ideal would be to get our armour ops so good that the enemy groans in yell chat when we're present, and then responds with disproportionate force every time, or spends time and effort on explicit counter strategies like air attacks, dropping AV on/near us, etc.

As an example, right now Dasanfall (DA) can feel like that for me, given how tough those guys tend to be on a pound-for-pound basis. Anytime Dasanfall enters a fight, I know it's about to get tough, and we're going to have to bring our A game to stand a chance.

I'd love for us to cultivate a similar reputation. Difficult, given our open recruitment and wide range of skill levels, but not impossible!

Comment

Thats the thing, its just really hard to counter our armor squads. When I'm squad leading I like to move to a target rich environment cause as much chaos and destruction as fast as possible. Once I see the enemy shifting forces towards us I pull the squad out. So by the time they bring in their own armor we are long gone. This causes them to forget about us and move on. What that don't know is that this is part of the plan. I bring the squad back and engage the enemy again to the point like scroc said "Unless we run outa targets which seems to keep happening....." So if anyone has ever wonder why I sometimes move the squad to the opposite side of the map is to give the enemy time to pull new armor that we can engage while we do the same thing somewhere else. I've done this to all the big outfits in TR and VS. The only way I can think of that they can counter or stop us is if they know we are coming and have way more tanks then us. Even then It all comes down to how the squad leader reacts to the situation.

The thing about building a repuation which Im sure we have by now after 2 months of armor squads, is that it can work aganist. I like to keep the OP as one squad sometimes two if we have enough people. So if the TR or VS see us they know what we can do so they will do all they can to wipe us out. Which has happened before.

I would like to see more people try squad leading armor squads. You don't have to start off running a full squad but keep it small at first like I did.

Comment

The thing about building a repuation which Im sure we have by now after 2 months of armor squads, is that it can work aganist. I like to keep the OP as one squad sometimes two if we have enough people. So if the TR or VS see us they know what we can do so they will do all they can to wipe us out. Which has happened before.
                Oh we have a reputation alright! I've gotten some great tells from people.
                And the way DA tends to react to us?... Priceless (especially when they still lose).

I would like to see more people try squad leading armor squads. You don't have to start off running a full squad but keep it small at first like I did.
                THIS! In fact we could use more squad leaders as a whole. Most of our regular squad leader (Me for a while, Garthra, DoT, etc.) literally can't log on without being forced to lead a squad.
                There was one time I logged on with 18 TG online and no squad open. You don't need to be good and if you don't like the current lead's methods, lead yourself. If you don't want to platoon lead but you need leaders. Run it like 2 separate squads that assist each other. Leadership isn't something that is set in stone, everyone has their methods and style.

Comment

Yeah, lack of SLs is a BIG issue, and it's a consistent and vexing problem. I wish I could fill more of that void but these days I've got LESS time, not more. It's a bit off topic for this thread, but it's something we'll need to put more effort into addressing in the months ahead. Any number of fancy tactics, well-thought out SOPs, or whatever else we care to name to tilt the odds in our favour means absolutely nothing without solid squad members and squad leaders to form the foundation.

As for tells and DA's reaction... I have no idea what you're talking about. I want details! SPILL! ;)

Comment

I'm actually gathering a local squad that will fit TG's way. They are all IRL very tight friends of mine that have been participating in milsim-paintball with me. However, not everyone is a born gamer, in this squad, so the interface still confuses a couple of them.

We have goals of optimising our characters' certing and our styles as a group. The collective is priority. We have a database so everyone can plan their individual build to comply to the different loadouts the taskforce will need.

We are french, so I foresee the following contingencies : when we'll be running as a platoon,
                    • I'll be speaking in french in my squad, so if people integrates it, they might be shocked.
                    • I'll have to switch from french to english between squad and platoon (hopefully, I'm not too bad at it, so it won't be a major flaw.)

I have rigorously noted ghostshooter's Armor Column and will be running it for a couple Friday Night Ops.

As a result, we'll be a 12-to-18-men-sized Armor Squad, running together with our TG squad/platoon, at least up to when we run out of resources/men following the first occurence.

:D

Comment

Awesome Bregard! If you need any tips or have questions about how I run my armor squads please let me know!
                      A 18 man armor squad is going to be a handful, but I'm sure you'll do a great job. Also if you can, record the gameplay or write a after action report :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X