Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG- Concentrated Armor fire (with ghost)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG- Concentrated Armor fire (with ghost)

The following video shows a small armor squad holding and supporting the western flank of an NC push towards Indar Ex.

There are some things I would like to point out.

1- Concentrating of fire

Throughout the whole engagement before and after the video footage I was calling out targets. I know you can't hear me, I always forget to turn that setting on on shadowplay. I would choose the target that would pose a greater threat to us. High targets would be lockdown prowlers, repair sundies and gun turrets. As you can see 3 vanguards with gunners can take on a greater enemy force using concentrated fire commands. This also keeps the comms clear, everyone is not calling out every target which causes people to switch from whole they are shooting at.

2- use of terrain and placement

As most of you know I do not like mixing with the blueberry force. I prefer holding a flank or moving somewhere else. In this battle I had the squad move towards the western part of the map which is my favorite. While the TR was focusing on the main NC body I had the squad on high ground where we went unnoticed for some time. I would find a location where the skyguard and sundie would have enough cover if they were to get engaged.

3- Flanking/ Spearheading

Towards the 2:40 mark you see us move forward. This is why I prefer racer chassis, it allows us to move fast to where we want to go. By spear heading the push it allows the blue berry force to follow in afterwards and set up their sundies. By doing this it also allows us to shoot at the rear of the Tr armor. They didnt know we moved and thought we were still there.

Re: TG- Concentrated Armor fire (with ghost)

Oh man. Why did they keep landing Libs on the front line? Insanity.

Excellent vid, Ghost. Your armour squads are always satisfying to watch.

Comment

Prowlers, mmmm, tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by VLAD View Post
        Prowlers, mmmm, tasty.
        they make a good dinner, dont forget about the magriders we had for dessert

Comment

Awesome video. Shows what impact a small group of tanks can have in a battle (siege). I find it interesting to observe how that singe Prowler was able to close so quickly on you guys and stay in the area for several seconds before even being called out. Might need to examine that particular case (4:15 mark)

Comment

I had the same concern and was surprised that it took us so long to engage it. We were tunnel vison and didnt expect any one to out flank us. It wasnt until I stopped and looked at the map that I noticed it, Im surprised the skyguard survived. At the same time Im glad at how we reacted. No one paniced and 2 tanks moved to engage without me having to say anything. This shows just how far we've come. Before I would have to tell people where to move, now everyone knows what works best.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X