Sunday July 28th, 2014 - Adventures of Chipshade Pt1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Sunday July 28th, 2014 - Adventures of Chipshade Pt1

I would appreciate any reviews of my squad leadership that day, including what I did well and what I should improve on. Also I plan on making a youtube account, where I will upload footage of my PS2 gameplay so if you wish to review my AARs, or want to kill time It will be there also.

Just a quick note also you will not hear my voice in this gameplay footage I forgot to change the setting however later on, expect this not to be the case.

Re: Sunday July 28th, 2014 - Adventures of Chipshade Pt1

I was only with you guys for about an hour, so I really only have one suggestion.

If you feel like the squad is bogged down, dont be afraid to make a drastic change in your objective or the composition of the squad.

We were fighting in armor at that tower for what seemed like a lifetime. Take a look at the map and consider other bases or even another continent.

Keep it up

Comment

Thank you Prof I will consider that next time I am squad leading. Also here of the videos of me squad leading.

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36T...91Iz4I4Y2rww8A

_____

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95xd...91Iz4I4Y2rww8A

_____

Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0nd...91Iz4I4Y2rww8A

_____

Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMXJ...91Iz4I4Y2rww8A

Comment

1.) Remember to keep in mind the full squad and their capabilities. Early on in the night you were giving orders like the whole squad was in the liberator with us, while only half the squad was in the plane, the other half was on the ground.

2.) Consider the positive and negatives of precise orders. Not every situation calls for them, you have to decide when you need to be detailed and when not to.
        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Hey Chip, now that I've had a chance to be in your squad I'd like to add my two cents:

One thing I've noticed that you tend to overload with detail and spend a lot of time getting the squad in position and setting up while in contact with the enemy. Getting your ducks in a row before a push is a good thing, but it needs to be done from a low pressure situation from relative safety where time isn't a constraining factor. Once you're in the thick of it, the squad needs to be moving and reacting quickly, not waiting around. The battlefield just moves too quickly. It's better to execute an okay plan (or even a bad plan) NOW rather than a perfect plan too late.

The other thing I'd suggest is working on clarity. When you're ordering the squad from point to point or stacking people up to go through an elevator, you're doing a good job of this and the orders are coming across clearly, but often I'd find that the squad had moved to another location or made a substantial change without being totally clear on it. Important orders can easily be lost in comm chatter or combat so it's important to make sure you say them clearly and repeat important orders multiple times.

Finally (and this is just personal preference) being an SL and fighting or leading from the front isn't ideal. Whoever is on point needs to be concentrating on the task of navigating and looking for threats, and is also at the highest risk of getting shot. By contrast, the SL needs to be looking at the larger picture and needs to be alive in order to have good situational awareness and give good orders. My preference for point to point movement is either to set a squad waypoint ahead of the squad, or to set an explicit point man and have the whole squad follow them.

I hope that's helpful!

Comment

Thank you all for your replies I will try to use all of these suggestions next time I am squad leading.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X