Saturday Day Night Drop Fever On Indar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Day Night Drop Fever On Indar

Tonight (8/16/14) I led a mostly TG squad on Indar. We started with some tanks, but moved to Gal mobility courtesy of pilot [MENTION=15065]Vlad.[/MENTION] We dropped on a number of small bases, and held until wiped.

Also, several times we dropped on rocks and high ground between NS material storage and crimson bluff which allowed us to flank and destroy enemy armor. There was one drop on a rock ridgeline over a canyon on eastern Indar which allowed us to destroy several sunderers and harass enemy armor reinforcements to the large nearby fight. When we lacked an AA max Vlad picked up one of our AT maxes, and reinserted him when he was correctly equipped.

Later on, we were being sniped from the east, and vlad hovered right next to us, we jumped off the ridge into his waiting gal, and he moved us just 200 meters west onto high ground which provided an equally good firing position on the armor, but gave us cover from the snipers. The team stayed a thorn in the enemy armor for twenty minutes at least before they were able to dislodge us.

Throughout the night people gave excellent callouts, ammo was down when it needed to be, and medics, as always got to casualties incredibly fast. It was infantry teamwork creating survivability in situations where blue berries could not have made it.

Thank you to everyone who participated! This was a night of TG doing what it does. : )
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: Saturday Day Night Drop Fever On Indar

Don't forget our steadfast defense of C point at Howling pass. It was pretty chaotic but we held on for the cavalry for what seemed like at least 20 min. They had a fairly steady stream so i'm betting they had the pop advantage. The Balcony and stairs were mine, there are many like them, but C point's was mine. Heh.

Comment

Now that is what I call proper Gal usage.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Thanks randy, means a lot from you. That role has been lightly filled since you been out, so I have been filling it when I can.

Comment

Agreed. I actually took the time to invest in my Gal, working on the finer points of operating the unwieldy beast. After watching a few other pilots, I know some downright disturbing maneuvers are possible, working to learn them. The belly jet stall to kill a pursuing ESF via blunt force trauma has to be my favorite. :-) Splat. And honestly, through vehicle spawn kill assists/spawn ins, you're not lacking for cert points while piloting (if this is a concern).

Another note: Don't always trust your minimap, I about wiped Vlad out of the sky because the minimap was showing him as a good (estimated) 100 M away. My apologies.
          MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X