Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor Scrim VS BWC footage

sorry for the mic noise =p

Last edited by ghostshooter101; 09-19-2014, 03:06 PM.

Re: Armor Scrim VS BWC footage

Interesting to see those fights from another angle! They were shorter than I thought, too... especially in the night fights, it was so tense and there was so much obstructed line of sight that I was constantly paranoid of an ambush, so in my mind that fight dragged on a bit!

Comment

one thing I noticed is how much time i spent out of action, I was too busy squad leading. Next time we do this, as much as it hurts to say I will be a gunner. I was more focused on gathering information and planning our next move that once I did get into combat my accuracy took a big tool.

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting to think we should be organizing our armour such that the gunner is the tank commander. They've got the highest vantage point, the least balls to juggle, and the best situational awareness of anyone in the tank. Moving and gunning simultaneously is more than enough of a cognitive load without also being responsible for overall decision making, let alone squad leading!

During the match, I found Jengles was fairly often falling into this role in our tank team. He'd call out when to engage or fall back, when we were at risk, etc. For my part I usually trusted his judgement, and it paid off.

Comment

Excellent games all. Our second win was a flawless victory. Grats all.

Comment

Exemplary TG teamwork, communication and leading. Was a fun night, thanks for organizing this Ghost!

By the way, I find it easier to hit "backspace" to reply to tells rather than type /r.

A few notes:

I want to stress that we need everyone in Teamspeak for events like this. In-game VOIP was buggy at times and now I can see that Ghost missed a lot of the communication (were we turned down due to heavy comms use?), some critical like verifying orders.

IMO, the amount of comms that needs to go between gunner and driver is far too heavy, mostly not relevant to others, to all go in one channel. For that reason I tried to use proxy, but it still lags behind while on the move. In the future we could make a platoon with a couple tanks in each squad -> TS for orders, squad VOIP for driver/gunner comms. This would also give the PL access to more Waypoints and allow for quick fireteams.

Assigning flanks at the start was a good idea. And it helped to have all our tanks lined up in the direction they need to go, so they don't bump into each other. I pointed that out at the start of round 3 so that's why people moved.

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
            Yeah, I'm starting to think we should be organizing our armour such that the gunner is the tank commander. They've got the highest vantage point, the least balls to juggle, and the best situational awareness of anyone in the tank. Moving and gunning simultaneously is more than enough of a cognitive load without also being responsible for overall decision making, let alone squad leading!

During the match, I found Jengles was fairly often falling into this role in our tank team. He'd call out when to engage or fall back, when we were at risk, etc. For my part I usually trusted his judgement, and it paid off.
            I like that idea. It's interesting the way the tanks tend to operate as semi-autonomous, even when we're all together, because they may be watching different flanks and there's no time to discuss reacting to an opportune moment or threat. On top of that we sometimes split into separate fireteams. So I don't think it's practical for the squad leader to micro-manage effectively, though gunning would help.

That's why I ended up trying to give direction. I'd add to those advantages that the gunner tends to scan the surroundings more.

Round 5 isn't shown but I'd like to say I think we made the right moves. No one saw or predicted BWC would have a couple tanks on the North so it was a great tactic on their part. Our Western tanks pressed the advantage when the enemy were more injured than us and our Eastern tanks were making a flank to boot. My only critique is perhaps a little more communication on timing and urgency.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJengles View Post
              I want to stress that we need everyone in Teamspeak for events like this. In-game VOIP was buggy at times and now I can see that Ghost missed a lot of the communication (were we turned down due to heavy comms use?), some critical like verifying orders.

IMO, the amount of comms that needs to go between gunner and driver is far too heavy, mostly not relevant to others, to all go in one channel. For that reason I tried to use proxy, but it still lags behind while on the move. In the future we could make a platoon with a couple tanks in each squad -> TS for orders, squad VOIP for driver/gunner comms. This would also give the PL access to more Waypoints and allow for quick fireteams.
              Concerning PTS, I could not agree more.

On Emerald, though, I would still use in-game VOIP, strictly. A not too well known "/" command allows for smaller-than-squad group to organise and renders better than proxy : it is the /voice command, and corresponds to the "User Channel Voice Chat" (in the settings) and the "[Custom]" chat (in the HUD, when one uses it.)

To set User Channel Voice Chat, you simply have to type :
              /voice join (channel name) (ex.: /voice join A3Tank)

It should show "join (channel name)" in your chatbox.
              Last edited by bregard031; 09-20-2014, 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Great minds think alike. I was trying to come up with a good way to do whisper lists in Teamspeak this morning. I think Bregards idea would work better though. Lets try this later today and see if we can come up with a better system.

Todd
                sigpic

Comment

There are some issues with the custom user channels though, unless something has been changed recently, which I doubt. Some times they don't work. And once you create one, you cannot create another until you re-log.

I'm really sorry I missed this, it sounds like it was just as much fun and great tactical play as I thought it was going to be. :)
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Solid teamwork.

Agree as to the commander being gunner. Goes with general note of SL not taking position that takes his focus away from squad leading.

Also, good diplomacy to do things like this.

Great work everyone!
                    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

thanks for all the great feedback I will respond with more stuff tomorrow (im in a rush atm) but ill leave you guys with this video

PS make sure you are sitting down, this is from the film crew =)

Comment

Wow! That is a great video. Hats off to their film crew for doing this. And I will say one thing about the blinding halberd smoke, it does look pretty cool from the air. Thanks again for organizing this, Ghostshooter!

Comment

Can't wait to see the other videos from them. :)

Comment

here are the last two rounds

Round four was our worst round imo.
                            Round five could of gone both ways. I completely forgot there was a third prowler outthere before making my move =(

Comment

Those were really fun to watch, thanks for posting.

I lost count of the total, was it BWC 3 rounds to our 2?

Yeah, I thought you guys had em there in round 5, only to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. :p haha
                              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X