No announcement yet.

1/3/14 Infantry Teamwork Pushing South from Quartz Ridge Under Heavy Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] 1/3/14 Infantry Teamwork Pushing South from Quartz Ridge Under Heavy Fire

This was a battle where I had us drop about 500 meters East from Quartz Ridge because the area around it was hot and I wanted surprise on our side. We walked a long way to get near Quartz Ridge but due to the solid teamwork and excellent work by medics, we did a lot of damage and survived fire which would have wiped many non TG squads. Enjoy the video.

Credit goes to [MENTION=57077]bregard031[/MENTION] [MENTION=88143]Alex021[/MENTION] [MENTION=117850]Regneir[/MENTION] [MENTION=110196]Bl4xxn[/MENTION] @phaelah [MENTION=110291]w4rprOject[/MENTION] and the others who took part.
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: 1/3/14 Infantry Teamwork Pushing South from Quartz Ridge Under Heavy Fire

There, at 13:40, we change position and left 2 guys behind (including a good medic, Mael031). I understood at that moment it was too dangerous and not worth it as enemies were in the smoke, but a similar thing happened the same day when we were on Esamir. We moved, but a MAX didn't followed quick enough and got killed. He was about 150-200m away in the open. What should I do in these moments? I mean, if I think I can get him in time, is it ok I leave the advancing squad for one latecomer? and if it fails for whatever reason, it would just be stupid... and compromise the squad from the insufficient number of medic. And a whole squad shouldn't go back that far for someone not following orders... then a medic shouldn't go either. Kinda answering my own question, but I would like to have your thoughts on it.

When I joined TG I was reviving anyone, but with my experience with TG there's a lot more decision making on who is to live and who's to stay dead... where is the best tactical place for a medic.
    I made my medic reputation from reviving people in dangerous situations and open fields, but now, thinking before reviving makes me more fearful to die... more surviving for me, less reviving for you. Not sure if good or bad..? It forces the squad to stay tight tho..

Subscribed to your channel. :)
    sigpic
    "Keep calm and wait for the medic."
    {45 270 lives saved}

Comment

I know you don't use a mic, so this is a little difficult for you, but this is the scenario where asking the SL for a go-ahead makes sense. It's also where you'll be least likely to actually get a revive... people not sticking with the group usually don't have an expectation of a revive and won't wait long before spawning elsewhere!

IMO, a good general approach would be to stick with the squad proper and provide the medic force multiplication to the large cohesive group rather than a few stragglers who aren't moving along. No sense compounding the loss of cohesion and support abilities of a few people not listening to the SL with the loss of a medic as well.

Comment

This one I remember. Heavy infantry started in on us and we needed a new position. The reason we couldn't go back was it would have wiped us much sooner, exposed field to run back through with the infantry on the high ground we used to have. That one was the ideal spot for hold spawns until squad beacon became available, which happened moments later at the new position where we were finally over-run.

Comment

Alright, staying cohesive FTW. Thanks Starstriker.
          sigpic
          "Keep calm and wait for the medic."
          {45 270 lives saved}

Comment

I really like how we handle the whole situation,the squad was pretty tight and everyone was doing their job.
            Its also nice to see things from your perspective.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X