Video AAR -- Point Hold 1/19/15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Video AAR -- Point Hold 1/19/15

Defensive point holds and offensive gal drops on the eastern edge of Esamir. This was an "open" or public squad, not Outfit only. This is virtually unedited, so you will see mistakes as well as some really good parts. I was squad leading bravo squad and acting as platoon leader at the same time.

Thank you to everyone who participated.
    Special thanks to Sunderer7 [MENTION=118412]DoubleAgent7[/MENTION] for squad leading Alpha squad!

Garthra
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: Video AAR -- Point Hold 1/19/15

Thanks for recording this Garthra. It is really interesting to see the other squads perspective throughout those fights. Everyone in Alpha Squad fought their butts off to hold the position to the South against enemy Air and Armor. if i had to guess i would say that there were upwards of 20-30 kills in that short amount of time. it was intense! Bravo Squad was well organized as well, nice job. Timing for reinforcements can be tricky. its something to work on, as it takes time to aquire assets for pick-up and drop-off.
    At the end of the video we got it very close to the correct timing. lots of fun all day with TG! thanks again.
    Sunderer7

Comment

Arg. You guys are really making me wish my graphics card hadn't died on me... can't wait to get back in the fight!

Comment

Dang, SS is on the sidelines, too? Sounds like a shorter term sideline than mine, though.

Incidentally, I've been monitoring hardware prices again, shouldn't be too much longer now...

You know, I had forgotten how much reading AARs can generate interest in a title. Before I built my last gaming rig, I spent a lot of time reading the forums and that's when I fell in love with PS2 and couldn't wait to get in game and check it out.

So thanks again for taking the time to post these up Garthra!
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The only reason why I built my rig was for planetside lol

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
            Dang, SS is on the sidelines, too? Sounds like a shorter term sideline than mine, though.
            Yeah. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) having a modern GPU is almost mandatory for my profession, so I'm going to have to replace it or pray that Memory Express can repair it. The GPU I've dug out of my closet to keep running is 6 years old... not intolerable, but I need better, especially since I've been tinkering with Oculus Rift development and need a GPU that is physically capable of connecting it, let alone running it!

And yeah, nothing like a good AAR to get you chomping at the bit to get into the game. Maybe something we should consider for drawing more TG into the PS2 fold? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
              Yeah. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) having a modern GPU is almost mandatory for my profession, so I'm going to have to replace it or pray that Memory Express can repair it. The GPU I've dug out of my closet to keep running is 6 years old... not intolerable, but I need better, especially since I've been tinkering with Oculus Rift development and need a GPU that is physically capable of connecting it, let alone running it!

And yeah, nothing like a good AAR to get you chomping at the bit to get into the game. Maybe something we should consider for drawing more TG into the PS2 fold? ;)
              I hope you were not the guy who let his cat get into his computer that was in the north side memory express last time I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post

I'd say fortunately. I mean, that makes it a write off, amirite?!

We've been puzzling for a long time why there's not more interest within the rest of the TG community for PS2. The two top theories are the future/space setting, and/or the speed/arcadeyness of play. Neither of which really pan out as true, so maybe I should say that maybe that's just the perception amongst the rest of TG.

But we seem to recruit a lot of new members to TG, and new blood is always necessary, so that's good for the community.
                Originally posted by Chyort View Post
                I hope you were not the guy who let his cat get into his computer that was in the north side memory express last time I was there.
                You serious man? LOL

And if that was actually SS, LOLOLOLOL!

Inquiring minds want to know...
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I have not ever owned a cat, so it's not particularly likely. I really want to hear whatever story this is, now!

That said, we should probably stop hijacking Garthra's AAR!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X