Friday Night Fight AAR Thread 1/23/2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Fight AAR Thread 1/23/2015

Everyone post you favorite memory from Friday Night Fight tonight.

My favorite was defending "something auxillary" base on Amerish, just before the official Friday Night Fights. We had 3 full TG squads. I was in command of Charlie I think. We dropped well north west of the main fight and engaged enemy sunderers. We took out at least 3, perhaps even 4 sunderers, which radically changed the battle for bravo and alpha squad, who were trying to hold the point in pitched fighting. Afterward the platoon lead asked for a sit rep, and feeling cocky I responded something like "Charlie reports crushing victory." :) Nice work to all my AT guys taking out those sunderers! We lost squad cohesion in the midst of that, so it became an individualized fight as much as a team one. Good work all.
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: Friday Night Fight AAR Thread 1/23/2015

When I took over the platoon, because directives. Overall I was very pleased with the platoon I know some battles were really hard to fight but as you all probably know by now I prefer fighting the hard fights where we are out popped. Thank you to all the squad leads, Sunderer07, Kardant, Mrjengles. Also thank you Zombie for setting this up and platoon leading.

Comment

Big thanks to all you guys leading last night. I didn't get to play for long but it was glorious from a SM viewpoint. Thanks for getting this going zombie!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks to [MENTION=15040]DaddyOfThree[/MENTION]23, [MENTION=87568]Zombiesnack99[/MENTION] and [MENTION=56436]ghostshooter101[/MENTION] for Platoon leading tonight.
        Its about time we had a Full Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta platoon and thank you to all the squad leads, hope the new TG members enjoyed the night.
        Last edited by vts; 01-24-2015, 09:55 AM.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I would like to thank all of the TG guys for putting up with my inexperienced butt being the PL for The first part of FNF last night. I have only rarely lead platoons, and then no more than two, so last night I would often completely forget that I had, for instance, a delta platoon. Fortunately ghost shooter would usually bring the platoon to a place that I would have had them go anyway.

The best part for me was going to the platoon tab and seeing four nearly full squads of TG members. The recruiting drive over the last months have been very successful, we have accumulated many more outstanding ps2 players and I am very happy to see our numbers grow and result in a much bigger platoon than I have played with in the past.

So at the beginning of the night I had the platoon take several bases that were not much of a challenge so I could just get a handle on the mechanics of PL. After this resistance stiffened in some places, squads were wiped, and the had to redeploy to warp gate several times to get regrouped. I would like to thank DOT for the suggestions over teamspeak of next moves, otherwise I would have probably had us grinding at the bastion for a long time which might not have been great.

It was great to see the squads push back enemy armor in a coordinated east-west push at the beginning of the night too.

Thanks ghost for taking over once I lost the ability to think clearly as PL.

Now we need a PL mentoring program. :)
          Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

you did a great job zombie leading a full platoon especially during FNF is a challenge even for our experienced leaders. I'm a maniac and like to squad lead and platoon lead while talking on commend comms at the same time lololol don't recommend it when first starting off.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombiesnack99 View Post
              Now we need a PL mentoring program. :)
              We do! It's called "throw the poor bastard in head first!" ^_^

Comment

I'm really looking forward to getting back in game, especially since it seems we are doing very well in leadership and with lots of new people stepping up to take the reigns. Great job everybody.

I don't have a story from this FNF of course, so I will just recall my favorite SITREP of all time. The one where E-Male replied "death... and confuusion; more to follow." LOL
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                  E-Male replied "death... and confuusion; more to follow." LOL
                  I want E-Male back!!!
                  MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X