E-Male PL 17/02/2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] E-Male PL 17/02/2015

I have been platoon leading here at TG since 2006. Never seen anything as demanding as the PS2 environment. Also, always a bit intimidating when there are so many excellent TG PS2 PLs among us.

My default mode of PLing is to isolate myself in a solo squad (this keeps comms to a minimum) until all 3 three other squads are full.

If I am SLing I will default to using a fireteam leader, often two (Alpha/Bravo). This was also the case last night when I used MrJengles as my fireteam leader when we were just one squad.

Keep in mind I am not recommending my method as a TG SOP, it is simply my SOP -- the result of years of experimentation with command and comm structures that meets my idiosyncratic needs.

Near the end of the evening (11pm) we finished an ALERT at Indar and helped win the map for the NC. My use of COMMAND comms in the final stages of the Alert was a factor that enabled us to win a key quadrant in the last minutes of the round.

Those participating will note that my orders where minimal. Sometimes I will provide SLs with minimal orders (Attack X), sometimes I will micromanage positions and load-outs. It all depends upon the situation and my strategic goals at the time.

Still rusty at this from a long sabbatical. Thank you all for your patience and cooperation.

NOTE: at one point I summarily dismissed some useless piece of skin from my squad. A TGer noted that the fool had something like "KillE-Male" as his tag. Did I hear that right?

Nice piece of ethnographic data below :-)
    sigpic

Re: E-Male PL 17/02/2015

An alternative method to isolating yourself into a squad: when I PL, I'll pass off SL to someone else then turn my squad comms WAY down and inform the new SL of that fact. This gives me, numbers permitting, a fourth squad to play with, while still isolating you from squad member noise. My own preference is actually to keep my squad comms just barely audible, as it allows me to maneuver with the squad better and get a little bit more intel without really being a source of comm overload when it matters.

Comment

Re: E-Male PL 17/02/2015

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
      An alternative method to isolating yourself into a squad: when I PL, I'll pass off SL to someone else then turn my squad comms WAY down and inform the new SL of that fact. This gives me, numbers permitting, a fourth squad to play with, while still isolating you from squad member noise. My own preference is actually to keep my squad comms just barely audible, as it allows me to maneuver with the squad better and get a little bit more intel without really being a source of comm overload when it matters.
      Absolutely! I have also done this many times in 2012-2013. What I love about PS2 is the incredible flexibility of comms and squad/platoon/multiplatoon organization. One thing sadly lacking was for a multiplatoon command function that would allow someone in charge of numerous platoons to see each platoon's location on the map. An unfortunate oversight of the coders.

Also, I often request a PL Sunderer driver when there is an abundance of squad members -- a volunteer to provide me with driver service and man the gun when stationary (I would also rotate this position so as to not burden one player with it for 2 hours or more). This really frees command for full attention to the map and his platoon ops. BigGaayAL and I also created a method of command that would use PL-advisor, what we called the XO. The XO would feed the PL vital info, strategy options, and teach dance classes.

In my book, anything that can be done to minimize comm noise, maximize delegation of platoon management (among competent leadership of course), and allow me to use the collective intelligence of my officers is good stuff.

Many possibilities keep PS2 fresh.
      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...