Battle of the bowl (aka the night that made my skin crawl.)... 2/18/15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the bowl (aka the night that made my skin crawl.)... 2/18/15

1. The night Started off fairly simple, General Cain handed me squad lead after the Initial start up and we got to work.
    -(Quick note I cannot recollect what happened between this time and when the alert happened started.)

2. Once the alert happened We got to work around echo valley substation. fending off the occasional Tr Armour advance at echo valley substation. This substation is situated behind a small bowl shaped ridge line, hence the title of this post. We were working with 1 squad and holding them off fairly well. Untill well... a few things happened...

3. The first was that the NC decided to make a small push on the base just past where we were defending (It was a wrong choice.) The Tr then made a fairly large push through a chokepoint around the mountain for us it was a killing field. Unfortunately the bombardment of sundies forced me into the roll of heavy assault... Witch gave me the ebiee Jebiies... Those that no me know I despise the heavy assault class a bit... OK maybe a lot...

4. Nonetheless wave after wave of sundies came and one by one we destroyed them (at this time I was conversing in leader a chat a bit with Wisdom Cube and I agreed with him on a couple thing... UGGG AGREEING WITH WISDOM CUBE YUCK... This is a joke of course but he still annoys me..)... That was until what was basically a platoon invaded the base... We were locked inside with no way out, well except for one. A sundy was parked close outside on the Charlie point of Searo Listening Post the closest base. I ordered my squad to take up A position there, Slowly and suredly as the base capped we plinked away at there sunders. Suddenly though there was a massive reinforcement to Echo Valley Sub witch pushed into the point room, taking back the base. I believe the combination of us taking down the Armour and sundies Was what ultimately one us the base.

5.Afterwards the area seemed relatively clear So we moved into defending along the outskirts of Searo. Here secretly almost we did the NC a tremendous service. Multiple sunders were advancing and attempting to set up shop as a staging ground for the attack on Searo listening post. Foolhardedly the nc had attacked eisa mountain witch led to a 96+ vanu zerg forming. Surprisingly it ended up being a fairly hard fought battle, Whoever was in charge of moving the sundy To and fro that we pulled did an excellent job on keeping it alive and keeping the squad from being wiped, Someone right about then mentioned the tr people that had begun to attack our old friend Echo valley sub station. Upon arriving at the base things didn't look so bad I foolhardily believed. But then WITHOUT Warning one of the most massive TR Zergs I had ever witnessed attacked Echo Valley Sub. Countless sundies multiple Gals, the pop was 96+ in enemy forces but it felt like there could have been a lot more than even that. To be honest for a brief moment in time I was in utter and complete shock. In real life my Jaw hit the floor nonetheless I Tried to figure out a way our small squad could be effective, Unfortunately to little avail, The zerg was just to massive to find any means of useable cover. The clock was Winding down on the alert too, and we Were tied with the TR... I knew If we lost this base The Alert would be over and the TR would have enough land to win the Alert. There was no Backing down from this one, but It would take mutch more than our single squad to do it. The Blueberries is what would win this push. I Called out to them and I assumed the squad Heard me as well... "THEY CANT TAKE US ALL IF WE ALL PUSH ON THE COUNT OF THREE EVERYBODY HERE PUSH IN 3....... 2........ 1........... PUUUUUUSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!" And amazingly they listened! Wave after wave we pushed Time after Time unsuccessful But finally with 20 seconds left on the cap we finally managed to push into the room and Secure the point. I could hardly believe what I just witnessed. Through all the Proxy Chat Screaming, Through all wave after wave of death Amazingly the Blueberries and us had managed To succeed. Ultimately the Alert ended in a draw But I think to everyone else it felt like a victory.

-Sorry for pushing the squad into Zerg like territory at the end but Ultimately I felt that It was necessary... (This was also something that made my skin crawl.) Nonetheless we had some great tactical play in most other areas and I had alot of fun... As I hope the rest of the squad did as well at the Battle Of the Bowl.

Re: Battle of the bowl (aka the night that made my skin crawl.)... 2/18/15

The Sunny driver was me, also the one who ran two of you over in the 1st retreat (sorry) :P

Nice write up [MENTION=101716]RaymondScout[/MENTION]

Comms were excellent, squad was together or at lease fighting the same area, and when too far from each other collected into two groups then reformed when needed.

Last night was a enjoyable 2 hours plus.

Thank you for taking the lead and thanks to squad for following together.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Great write-up Raymond, thanks for taking the time.

I loled about Wisdomcube. The thing is, very often he is correct in his reading of the map and strategic thinking. It's just too bad that he has such a toxic personality. Although I hear he has toned it down a lot lately.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
        Great write-up Raymond, thanks for taking the time.

I loled about Wisdomcube. The thing is, very often he is correct in his reading of the map and strategic thinking. It's just too bad that he has such a toxic personality. Although I hear he has toned it down a lot lately.
        Maybe but when I almost, during the beginning went to attack the base just ahead of the bowl, I got a "Why The F*** are you going after that base" In leader chat from him. I think He might still need to work on his people skills alot. I kept leader comms muted and instead relied on leader chat window as a means of communication, So I cannot tell weather or not he was being polite in Leader Comms, Although I have the feeling he wasn't based on what I saw in the chat box. I think this will be my preferred way of doing things unless managing 3+ squads of people in witch case I may use voice comms because we are a significant force that could be used in certain locations...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X