"I'll be anything you want if you pay me"
    - Slyfox, 2015

Ba-dum-tss
    My life before TG http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbre
    Who cares about stats ? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbr

Comment

Re: 8/6 (or 5)/ 2015 breaching video

Ghost collected many TR tears in this video

EDIT: Some subtext, right before that drop Fatz told us to drop there but we probably wouldn't be able to take it. So I made it my mission to prove him wrong :)

Comment

Just a bit of motivation. In all honestly I was really surprised how much you guys dominated that point.

Comment

Some interesting stats I observed:

Time from drop to 'point secured': Approx 30 - 60 seconds After Insertion (AI) (30 for enemy contact ceasing - 60 for Sunderer AMS destruction - 80 seconds for first true lull in combat)
          Time from point turned to initial enemy resistance: Approx 42 seconds After Capture (AC)
          Time from point turned to initial enemy counter attack: 70 seconds AC
          Time from Counter Attack to first Casualty: 4 seconds - (74 seconds After capture)
          Time from Counter Attack to Squad being reduced to 1/2: Approx 18 seconds
          Time from being reduced to 1/2 to being Medic-Less: Approx 59 Seconds <---- Point of no return.

Time from Counter Attack to being Routed: Approx 83 Seconds

Meaningless by themselves but perhaps some of these points could give us some important metrics at large?

Comment

It'd be insanely helpful to have some solid metrics along those lines. On the small scale a route or wipe is often an inevitability no matter how well we play; a combination of statistical pressures eventually finding a chink in our armour, lack of any meaningful enemy attrition, and eventual overwhelming response all contribute to our point holds and similar situations eventually crumbling.

In the face of that, victory is often found in delaying, outmaneuvering, and otherwise taking advantage in the delays and execution time the enemy brings to the table. What you're talking about, YT, is quantifying what we've normally done by touch; as a PL I'd be enormously appreciative of being able to predict the timing and execution times of enemy responses.

To go a step further, it'd be neat to figure out what the absolute minimums look like; I imagine most bases have some commonality in design with regards to how far defenders have to walk to their spawn room (especially compared to how far attackers have to walk from typical Sunderer locations). If we know that, for instance, it takes 30 seconds for a player to sprint to the point on a base, then that's a hard limit on a last second resecure starting (made fuzzier by players already out of the spawn room).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X