Hossin 10/2/15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Hossin 10/2/15

For this AAR I attempted a more traditional style approach with the PL giving a summary of his operation followed with PL and all SL's providing a positive and negative point for sustaining and improving as an element then opened up to the members to offer any suggestions. As a reminder for others who either would like or preferred this style AAR review, use the Platoon Channel Comms and appoint a controller to keep the activity focused on the last alert and control the rate that our squad members step in (helps keep the comms clean and keeps an organized approach) I had the SL's provide that a member wanted to put in a point and would then tell that member when he could have the comms and it seemed to keep a smooth flow. Now my notes here are just summary's of the individual points and I myself will have to work on my note taking process but that's my fault and shall endevor to improve on this. Let me know if you liked this method or our more often seen PL posts where we only get his perspective.

Overall our assault on Hossin stayed against the Vanu faction between the Ghanan and Huraken regions. Many of these battle tended to evolve into larger battle's with major VS forces continually redeploying against our guys limiting our offensives against them on this front, we did capture several territories but these where slow deliberate assaults by the end that took a faction effort to fully achieve. Our major method for moving around for Hossin remained Galaxy drops but we did try setting up a Logistics Squad near the last hour (Delta) to move in and setup advanced spawn logistics to help support the reinforcement and resupply in our attacks. Thgzfrlife was our PL with Garthra, RaymondScout/PrincessHaruko,Miik,and GeneralCain leading our respective Alpha through Delta squads. By the end of the alert we did loose but it did get down to the last moments of the alert and TG was the last contested base cap. Overall I'd like to thank our leaders for this platoon for making the FNF alert fun for all.

PL's Thgzfrlife
    Positive and Negative points
    + Stayed Focused as a Platoon even when seperated we quickly and continuously could regroup for a renewed assault.
    - PL's need to be able to think ahead of the battle on strategic level and commitment size for assaults.

Alpha Garthra
    Platoon Improvement: Open movement through territory
    Squad Positive and Negative points
    +Squad Cohesion
    - Unapproved Asset pulls

Member MittenKitten (recruited to TG after) suggested Mixed Armor for additional Firepower

Bravo RaymondScout/PrincessHaruko (Ray 90 min/ PH 30 min)
    Platoon Improvement: Logistic Availability
    + Good Platoon Coordination/ Point Hold Operations
    - Rapid Redeploys/ Slow Galaxy Drops

Member Billy1928 (one of us) suggests Less focus on Galaxy redeploy

Charlie Miik
    Platoon Improvement: Steady/Continuous Engagements
    + Platoon Coordination
    - Squad Cohesion

member Ermonican (non-TG) suggested Infiltrator Hacking for sunderer Spawn support

Delta GeneralCain
    Platoon Improvement: Reactive Assaults
    + Multitasking (as a squad)
    - Time to Targets

Members didn't actively suggest just nudged me from tell chat

PS: I hope I got these notes accurate enough for others to comprehend. (willing to hear suggestions) And I wanted to point out the member suggestions using the Platoon Comms was new and as we see we had suggestions from all areas, this comms style was suggested by TheFatz and PrincessHaruko in a previous AAR over Teamspeak thanks guys for the suggestion.

Re: Hossin 10/2/15

What procedure were you managing SM use of platoon comms? How did that work, exactly?

Comment

the entire AAR was conducted using Platoon Comms and after the overview by PL with pros and cons from each SL I declared a "suggestions from SM" asking that SM's let the SL's know they have one and SL's would then inform me of these I would then inform the member that he declare his suggestion , thank him, and then declare the next one

*SL's at this time do we have suggestions from SM's*
      *Delta lead has member Delta 6 with suggestion for AAR*
      *Rgr Delta lead go ahead D6*
      *D6 gives suggestion*
      *ty D6*
      *Any others SL's*

though it may work better for the SL/SM to post those with suggestions on the Platoon Chat box so that the coordinator can just grab the next in line, But giving the SM the ability so make his/her suggestion in voice or chat box (as needed) this will allow the SM's to feel they are truly contributing so that the Plt has fewer attritions due to in game AAR's.

Comment

Oooooh okay, the SM suggestions on platoon net were part of the AAR process, then! Misread, thought you meant during ops.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCain View Post
          the entire AAR was conducted using Platoon Comms and after the overview by PL with pros and cons from each SL I declared a "suggestions from SM" asking that SM's let the SL's know they have one and SL's would then inform me of these I would then inform the member that he declare his suggestion , thank him, and then declare the next one

*SL's at this time do we have suggestions from SM's*
          *Delta lead has member Delta 6 with suggestion for AAR*
          *Rgr Delta lead go ahead D6*
          *D6 gives suggestion*
          *ty D6*
          *Any others SL's*

though it may work better for the SL/SM to post those with suggestions on the Platoon Chat box so that the coordinator can just grab the next in line, But giving the SM the ability so make his/her suggestion in voice or chat box (as needed) this will allow the SM's to feel they are truly contributing so that the Plt has fewer attritions due to in game AAR's.
          If I might suggest a simplified process used in one of my previous outfits: Any SM that wishes to add to the AAR simply types "RTS" (Request to speak) in the platoon chat. One the PL and SLs are done with their part of the AAR, the PL looks at the chat window and steps through the RTS requests in order. No need for the SL to play middleman.

EDIT: Just remembered that it was "PTS" (permission to speak) instead of RTS...
          Last edited by Jaeger41; 10-09-2015, 09:37 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X