Ultimate Back Cap on Hossin 4/8/16 9pm~ Pacific Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Back Cap on Hossin 4/8/16 9pm~ Pacific Time

Tonight we flanked, and we flanked hard.

I was SL, squad 75% TG, 25% other. We started with 8 or so guys, but after awhile we grew to 12.

It was late Friday night, and we were doing a combination of AT and point holds.
    NC had the north Eastern warp gate on Hossin. TR at the North West. VS the south. VS had expanded a lot, and controlled most of the south east, and most of the west. Their territories were about 2/3 on western side, 1/3 on eastern.

TG began fighting on Hossin on the far eastern lattice line. TG took a base or two but was stopped at the south east tech plant. We tried to "shield defuser" into the tech plant to get to A without dropping the gens. We had to deal with a lot of armor along the way, which slowed us down a bit, but eventually we made it in and held for several minutes. We were kicked off the tech plant by superior numbers.

We moved one lattice west. My goal was to cut off the South Eastern Tech plant from behind. Our friends from NC Inc. were fighting to take it by then, but were being repulsed by a strong VS force. I figured TG cannot really help in the meat grinder, but we can cut off enemy spawns.

The basic strategy was simple, [MENTION=59167]VLAD[/MENTION] had our galaxy. MaxCool was our Max. Raymond was an LA, helping a lot with three point bases. I gave vlad a gunner, and they thinned the enemy out before they reached our point holds. We did a lot of solid work including 1 or 2 three point bases, using the galaxy and Raymoundscout the light assault to keep the more remote points flipped while the main of the squad held the central (and more contested) point.

When the enemy started to counter our flank to cut off the tech plant, I figured, if at first your flank fails, flank deeper still. I transitioned us to the "middle" lattice for a time, and we were able to conquer our way to the territory bordering the VS warp gate on the east. Special thanks to Shadowthumer for ghost capping that base for us before we arrived. Then we worked our way around, taking the North (middle) territory bordering the warp gate. About now the VS took back the eastern warp gate border, but it didn't matter, the prize was there for the taking at that point.

Let me back up and give you some context. The VS had been kicked out of the eastern side of the map by the NC, including TG. All the VS had left was 15 or so territories on the western side. The VS still had a lot of territory, but it was ALL connected to the warp gate on the western side. Thus, if we took one final base, the VS's entire Hossin empire was faded dark, cut off.

We moved west using two sundies and a galaxy. One of the sundies took a wrong turn and ran into the warp gate. No worries, we had redundancy. We arrived with a sundy, and it was well placed near the point, but not right on it. We got some NC support at this base. It was contested, but not to the point where we were in danger of wiping.

We took the base and I cheered in my apartment. VS players all over Hossin were shaking their heads, wondering what happened, and then seeing a "TG" on a base right by their warp gate. ALL VS territory on Hossin was cut off.
    : - )

Well done TG. We used our good discipline, fast movement, and superior coordination to make a difference.
    Thanks for a very fun night guys! And if anyone got a screenshot I would love to see it!

Garthra
    Last edited by Garthra; 04-11-2016, 03:21 AM.
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: Ultimate Back Cap on Hossin 4/8/16 9pm~ Pacific Time

I had zero attention to the map so all that strategery was lost on me that night but it obviously worked. A testament to your leadership and the squads cohesiveness!

Personal shout out to my gunner most of that night as he made it possible for the galaxy of terror that wrought destruction upon our enemies. I believe his name was "Boildown". Please forgive my poor memory.

Comment

Is it that precise night ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...en_on_emerald/

Ba-dum-tss
      My life before TG http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbre
      Who cares about stats ? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbr

Comment

Yeah that's it Cairbe.
        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Hahaha that's awesome.

EDIT: I thought about posting a lint to this AAR on Plebbit, before quickly regaining my sanity. lol
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X