This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Faction?

Title says it all what faction should we as TG be.

Terran Republic; Black and Red

The Terran Republic (TR) is the empire from which the story begins. Having existed for 1,112 years, it is the originator of all three empires. The Terran Republic was officially established with the ratification of the Declaration of Constancy by nations weary of nearly two hundred years of war. They brought order out of chaos and introduced the world to an era of peace. Terrans eventually made space travel possible. From this, Wormholes were discovered, studied, and found to be a means of transportation from one area of space to another. It is through one of these wormholes that the Terran Republic found their way to Auraxis, an earth-like planet that could sustain life. They proceeded with their ambitious plans of colonization on Auraxis which continued uninterrupted for 20 years. Things radically changed when the wormhole collapsed stranding the entire expeditionary force. They began research on how they could re-open the wormhole, which utlimately failed. During these uncertain times, "Vanu" artifacts were being discovered on Auraxis. Shortly after this, the development of "Rebirthing" technology began. It started to become clear to the Terran Leadership that this new technology could possibly destabilize future colonies. They established draconian restrictions on the new technology, so they could study it better without interruption or meddling by private companies or individuals. A sense of immortality began to create turmoil between developing groups of people with significantly different philosophies as to how the technology should be used. Already, a faction of technophiles emerged embracing the Vanu technology and its lost knowledge.
    Unrest formed between the developing factions which was exacerbated by rogue scientists and republic military deserters, all blinded by the power that the Vanu Technology promised to bring. Previous attempts to quell the uprising ended in a bloody battle and resulted in the separation of the Technolords, who then declared themselves the Vanu Sovereignty. While this was going on, a second faction called the New Conglomerate seized the opportunity while the Terran Republic was occupied and left the overbearing Republic.
    The Terran's weapons focus on killing their opponents using a rapid rate of fire, sacrificing damage for this ability. While their weapons have the highest rate of fire of the three empires, they do not have as much damage on impact.

The New Conglomerate; Blue and Gold

The New Conglomerate (NC) split from the Terran Republic due to its totalitarian oppression. Over a century before the wormhole collapse, there was a small group of freedom-fighters that called themselves "Liberty's Call". They staged a demonstration protesting the Republic's apparent systematic elimination of human rights. A large group of people gathered to hear their views; however, the Terran Republic's Riot Police put an end to the demonstration, killing every protester and even several innocent onlookers. Now, with the wormhole collapse, the New Conglomerate is determined to write a new history. A history free of the overbearing and draconian Republic. In the process of their separation, they gained control of several rebirthing facilities. Now, they work on recruiting an overwhelming army to crush their oppressive enemy, the Terran Republic.
    The New Conglomerate also strives to destroy the Vanu Sovereignty. Considered "freaks", the VS are accused of attempting to mold humanity to their own alien-influenced views. The NC believes that the Vanu view the human race as a flawed species, and they will do what it takes to mold it into something different, something alien, thus destroying the human race.
    The New Conglomerate's philosophy on warfare stresses brute force, thus their tactics rely upon heavy tanks, hard-hitting weapons systems, and shields hoping to smash the enemy in the initial contact before they can react.

The Vanue Sovereignty; Teal and Purple

The Vanu Sovereignty (VS) gained their name from a long past alien race. The strange artifacts were discovered on the planet of Auraxis shortly after the first expeditionary forces from the Terran Republic arrived. From the research of these artifacts came the discovery of "rebirthing" technology, and the offer of immortality. Terran Republic scientists were forced to keep research on this new technology secret. However, the Vanu managed to persuade some "free-thinking" scientists to join their cause. As news of the wormhole collapse begin to spread throughout the Republic, leadership began to grow anxious. Fearing that their lives may be in danger from the paranoid and oppressive Republic, the Vanu broke away, managing to gain control of several rebirthing facilities. The Vanu Sovereignty seeks to destroy the Republic for years of devastating oppression and lies. Because the New Conglomerate declared war on them, the VS have reacted in kind, equally hating them as they do the Terran Republic.
    Through the use of the mysterious Vanu technology, exotic energy weapons were invented. Also, the VS discovered the ability to improve the human body through modification. This alteration of the human species generated great suspicion and hatred by the Terran Republic and the New Conglomerate.
    The VS weapons rely on quickly energizing a splash of plasma-like ammunition that destroys the very bonding attributes of the elements that make up the armor and the flesh of enemy combatants. Although it does not have the impact of the NC weapon systems, nor is it able to equal the rate of fire of the TR weaponry, it is incredibly deadly over a wider area due to the viscosity of the energy.

Terran Republic
    33.33%
    New Conglomerate
    44.44%
    Vanu Sovereignty
    22.22%

Re: What Faction?

I'm really not sure. I kinda feel like playing NC, as I do like their philosophy of heavily armored and hard hitting. On the other hand the TR republic is all about speed and manoeverability, and it allows me to participate in any events that totalbiscuit decides to throw our way in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
      I'm really not sure. I kinda feel like playing NC, as I do like their philosophy of heavily armored and hard hitting. On the other hand the TR republic is all about speed and manoeverability, and it allows me to participate in any events that totalbiscuit decides to throw our way in the future.
      Haha yea, the choices! I never played planetside 1 and I haven't got any loyalties to any particular faction. My decision will be made for the most part on how each factions plays. That being said I find the colour scheme of the NC pretty boring, so that could be a factor! ;)

Comment

Im going to play as TR. In games where ive had to chose factions I always picked the rebellious side. And I really do love the appeal of a republic. In the starwars battlefront games I enjoyed being a storm trooper over jedis or bounty hunters.

Im legit so pumped for this game. It trumps my arma 3 anticipation :D
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
          Im legit so pumped for this game. It trumps my arma 3 anticipation :D
          That's a big statement. I'm going to have to check this game out if gijoe is saying things like that. :D

Comment

Not sure, but it definitely won't be Vanu.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

NC all the way. NC was my faction in 1, I was in the Freedom Defenders outfit back then (Allied with the Sturmgrenadiers and Blue Lions. Hopefully they bring the Jackhammer and the ScatterMAX back. Oh baby. Automatic 20mm shotgun from hell on a unit with 650 armor AND shields..

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Probably NC, never played PS1 but I fancy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                  NC all the way. NC was my faction in 1, I was in the Freedom Defenders outfit back then (Allied with the Sturmgrenadiers and Blue Lions. Hopefully they bring the Jackhammer and the ScatterMAX back. Oh baby. Automatic 20mm shotgun from hell on a unit with 650 armor AND shields..
                  All three faction maxes now come with guns on both arms. These can be customized for the job at hand so two AV weapons two AI weapons, or one of each. The NC as a version of the scattercannon!

Comment

I like the look of Vanu.

Comment

A handy quiz to answer for you:

http://www.quiztron.com/tests/empire...uiz_212746.htm

Comment

Quiz says Vanu for me. ;)

Comment

Unlucky! ;)

Comment

TR fits with the TG history in that the TR is a very well oiled military machine. BUt, the NC could fit as well in that the NC has smaller teams that work well with each other for hit and run tactics being that the NC are the insurgents. VS seems too alien for TG given most of the games in TGs history are more traditional military style.
                            Primary: IntelAgent (Planetside 2)
                            Light Assault, Reconnaissance, Intel Collection

Comment

TR. Rapid fire.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse