Recruitment, outside of TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruitment, outside of TG

So regardless of how popular this ends of being to current TG members, the thing to keep PS2 going here is new blood. One of the cool features of PS1 that I hope will carry over was open squads. Much like BF series your 10 man squad can be private or open to the public, along with "ingame" squad voip enticing people to the TG way will be as easy as in BF series. Unlike most of our games were when people feel ready they can tag up, PS2 will have a similar typical guild mechanics, meaning that me we have control on who gets in. What are your ideas on recruitment, requirements, ect?

My biggest suggestion is do NOT make people swear an oath to what ever side we pick like we do in DayZ. It puts pressure on people to not make a mistake and punishment for broken oaths would push people away from us. And besides that, if a person was to switch sides and break their oats, they would need to be expelled from the PS2 forums.

So, if we did go that way..it would need the same structure as the DayZ forums, having a public and private one.
    Last edited by johnflenaly; 06-12-2012, 10:26 PM. Reason: clicked edit instead of quote sorry
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Re: Recruitment, outside of TG

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
      My biggest suggestion is do NOT make people swear an oath to what ever side we pick like we do in DayZ. It puts pressure on people to not make a mistake and punishment for broken oaths would push people away from us. And besides that, if a person was to switch sides and break their oats, they would need to be expelled from the PS2 forums.

So, if we did go that way..it would need the same structure as the DayZ forums, having a public and private one.

I don't think will have any oaths or anything, I don't really see the point. This isn't a super secret game like dayz, think more BF3. I really do hope we pick one faction just to keep everyone together. Also fyi, the game is going to lock your account to one faction, as far as we've been told so far.

Comment

If they keep the squads/platoons as a thing that just meant "Coordination and teamplay multiplier, and shared EXP in radius of each other" I have no problem with picking up other teamwork-oriented people.
        It would make it the same thing as a squad in Battlefield.

In PS1 a squad was 2-10 people who joined up, you could make it public/private and invite people in. You could then combine seperate squads into a platoon (up to 3 squads) where it would then be labeled gold/purple/green squads, everyone in the squad would show up on the map in their color (as a representation of the number in the squad). You could recommend that <slot> for the squad be filled by a certain roll and someone would have to be invited and approved for that slot, etc. You could also kick them from the squad.

All of this was totally different from the Outfits (clans) in the game proper.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

I'm really really hoping they carry forward the squad and platoon framework from the original. If they do then it'll be a huge improvement from BF3 and our ability to coordinate larger groups. Here's hoping that unlike Dice they are also able to get VOIP working again. ;) We'll need that if we are trying to recruit new members in game.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...