X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Beta Start Info // Update 08032012

Beta start from twitter confirmed on reddit

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley
    Looking like it's going to be Monday at 2pm for the start of Beta. still a lot of work to do tomorrow and this weekend but looking good.

Q: Will beta really start on monday?
    A:Yes

Beta Entry order
    This is based off twitter post.

Current PS1 subscribers // former PS1 Subscribers // Priority Keys "anyone with a beta key" // PS2 website signups "people who signed up on the PS2 page but have yet to get a key"

When will you get into beta.
    Q: So, the current ps1 subs/within last year subs is a pretty small pool right? So former subs will be invited pretty quickly then?
    A: reasonably so yes.

Q: What chance do those that obtained codes through the April PC Gamer have of getting in on Monday (if it starts then)?
    A: pretty much zero. PS1 subs first.

Q: How long do you think it will take (if everything goes as planned) for everyone who has twitter/PC gamer keys to get in the beta?
    A maybe as long as 2-3 weeks but it depends on how smoothly things go

Q: is there any sort of schedule/idea on how long it will take before all beta key holders are in, and when people who registered get in?
    A: 2-4 weeks probably.

Q: How soon will the Twitter keys be accepted in? Around two weeks or so?
    A: good guesstimate. no guarantees
    Last edited by johnflenaly; 08-03-2012, 12:00 PM.

Tech test invites - update

According to John Smedley the SOE CEO the invites have not went out yet. This info is less than 1 hour old. They had some problems and the invites are hopefully going out tonight.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._after/c5dy0hr

Also for Europeans it looks like "we" won't be in the first batch.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ymt0?context=3

This annoys me as I am NOT a bloody European but there is no point argueing that point. The realism of the situation is that potentially we may not all be on the same server at the start.

Comment

Re: Tech test invites - update

tigerbot, a dev on reddit:

"It's only the tech test that EU will have to wait for, per the information we have right now. That could literally mean if all goes well the wait could be less than a day. Right now no one has said there will be a delay between EU and NA for beta, only the tech test."

So no biggie ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
        According to John Smedley the SOE CEO the invites have not went out yet. This info is less than 1 hour old. They had some problems and the invites are hopefully going out tonight.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._after/c5dy0hr

Also for Europeans it looks like "we" won't be in the first batch.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ymt0?context=3

This annoys me as I am NOT a bloody European but there is no point argueing that point. The realism of the situation is that potentially we may not all be on the same server at the start.
        Well I hope Al's info is right, but to be fair I don't think we should all be expecting to get in at the same time. They've stated they are going to do a staggered release and even the "thousands" of PS1 veterans wont get in at the same time. Not to mention the keys from the DEVs and PC Gamer US/UK it might be some time before all of us get in.

Comment

Nice update dude!

Comment

As of 9:45 pm Eastern the emails are being sent out according to John Smedley's twitter.

Edit: All are apparently out now, he said more would come "soon"
            Last edited by tralicrifleman; 07-14-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

j_smedly no way. The truth is we don't know how long the tech test is going to last. Our guess is 1-2 weeks. Could be shorter. Could be longer. Not trying to dodge the question. it's just the straight up truth - we don't know what problems we're going to see.
              http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._after/c5e1my6

Comment

We have 8 days before they release the full length cinematic trailer ........ I am assuming that means the beta is several weeks away
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Re: Beta Start Info // Update

07192012 Twitter updates.

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley
                  Another increasingly large batch of tech test invites went out (including people from EU and Aussies).

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley
                  we're working on bringing up the EU tech test server. Not positive when it's going to be up.

Comment

Re: Beta Start Info // Update

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley
                    we'll be holding where we are at for a bit on the tech test. Beta will likely start in a little over a week if things go well

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley
                    that isn't a promise though. We still have issues to work out.

Hmm that kinda slaps the 25th down as the beta date.

Comment

Re: Beta Start Info // Update 07252012

first post updated.

Comment

Looking better for Monday/tuesday...............

There seems to be some confusion about PS1 Vets and the PS2 Beta. Let me clear it up once and for all

There are going to be multiple phases of the beta. Simply put we are adding more people in different waves simply due to capacity

Every single PS1 player who has ever subscribed to the game will have their Station Account activated at some point during the beta

beginning with people who actively are subscribers. Again though we can only let in so many people during each phase so invitations

are by necessity going to be staggered. So basically if you've ever subbed to the game you're going to be in.

However current subs are in the front of the line for that. In addition we have Priority beta keys given out

they will be let in in the early phases as well. For people that ask me "I played from 2005-2007 am I in soon?" the answer is you will be in an early phase

this is all going to be a moot point here soon as we just open the beta and start letting people in. I hope this helps.

I do apologize if it wasn't clearer sooner. This whole thing has an insane number of moving parts

here are just a few examples of those parts. Status of the build. Number of Beta servers in our multiple data centers worldwide

the amount of time it takes to deploy a build (7 gig copied to EU data center is NOT immediate despite some "experts" telling me otherwise

people's health (the team is pulling insane hours right now). Bugs. Bugs. More bugs.

there are days where we can't fix a critical bug in time to light the servers up on time so they are lit up late
                        This is from John Smedley on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by John Smedley
                          For people that ask me "I played from 2005-2007 am I in soon?" the answer is you will be in an early phase
                          Woohoo!! I'm in early! :)

And this will be my last comment on the matter until I am able to play..... anxiously waiting.....
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                            Woohoo!! I'm in early! :)

And this will be my last comment on the matter until I am able to play..... anxiously waiting.....
                            Hold up......Apo is going to play this?

MEAT SHIELD!!!!!

:)
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

All aphphis is allowed to do is survey troops from the warpgate. Can't risk losing our dear leader!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X